Dune Pro - Perfect case for your ultimate build

dune_case

16 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Well its been a few years since I have commented on this forum as I have been busy with various projects.

In the last three months I have been working on my latest project Dune Pro. I am still very much at heart want to do something for the community and I believe that what we have created in the last three months appeals to a certain community looking to make the ultimate build.

Attached are some images of our build and I hope through this thread I can get some feedback. 

Many Thanks

Dune-02.jpg

Dune-03.jpg

Dune-04_1.jpg

Dune-05.jpg

Dune-06.jpg

Dune-07.jpg

Dune-08.jpg

Dune-01_1.jpg

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, dune_case said:

Hi Everyone,

Well its been a few years since I have commented on this forum as I have been busy with various projects.

In the last three months I have been working on my latest project Dune Pro. I am still very much at heart want to do something for the community and I believe that what we have created in the last three months appeals to a certain community looking to make the ultimate build.

Attached are some images of our build and I hope through this thread I can get some feedback. 

Many Thanks

Price?

Also noticed you did a kickstarter for the trashcan model and it failed. What kind of guarantee are you giving if someone invest into this kickstarter for this case?

Edited by Pavo

6 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Price?

Also noticed you did a kickstarter for the trashcan model and it failed. What kind of guarantee are you giving if someone invest into this kickstarter for this case?

Well the first Dune Case I did had some difficulties to overcome to put it into the hands of everyone as a quality case. Firstly, the cost of the tooling was very expensive and would require a certain volume to break even. To deep draw a cylindrical shape from a single piece of aluminum is challenging and the molds are very expensive to do so. Secondly, it was my first time I ever did a crowd funding campaign and I learned a lot from the experience. This time round we spent quite a bit of money to make a case we believe is for the community. The case is made out of high grade aluminum through out and has polished stainless steel frame. I believe the time is right for a case like this and while it may not appeal to everyone, I believe it has an appeal to a certain audience. 

24 minutes ago, dune_case said:

Well the first Dune Case I did had some difficulties to overcome to put it into the hands of everyone as a quality case. Firstly, the cost of the tooling was very expensive and would require a certain volume to break even. To deep draw a cylindrical shape from a single piece of aluminum is challenging and the molds are very expensive to do so. Secondly, it was my first time I ever did a crowd funding campaign and I learned a lot from the experience. This time round we spent quite a bit of money to make a case we believe is for the community. The case is made out of high grade aluminum through out and has polished stainless steel frame. I believe the time is right for a case like this and while it may not appeal to everyone, I believe it has an appeal to a certain audience. 

Sounds awesome but again what is the price? If its like $200 I would imagine you will get a ton of people that will want to buy it. I for one will buy one if it's less than $300.

It is a solid $200 USD for the Dune Pro. We want people to experience a quality product but also economically accessible to everyone.

PC World has done a tear down of the case when I was in San Francisco to meet with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blXOF86Xpo&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_stWT6NOVI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by dune_case
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:30 AM, dune_case said:

It is a solid $200 USD for the Dune Pro. We want people to experience a quality product but also economically accessible to everyone.

PC World has done a tear down of the case when I was in San Francisco to meet with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blXOF86Xpo&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_stWT6NOVI&feature=youtu.be

in the video it says the case is $200 with the basic front panel

another $80 for the 'cheese grater' front panel used on the MacPro7,1

35 minutes ago, UefiBooter said:

This is crazy, you should be able to order it with the grater. 

6 hours ago, UefiBooter said:

That is correct .. the accessory Dice Y cover is very expensive to manufacture and very complex. It is not simply cut or stamp metal it has different dimensions. 

Why don't you offer 2 versions, so user will not pay for something he doesn't need.

One version is just plain silly IMHO

Edited by STLVNUB

I like it too. It looks like a quality and solid product for good price. But, you really should offer 2 versions, with basic front cover or with Dice Y cover. What I don't like, there's bad exhaust fan options (only 80mm fans) and poor cable management support.

Edited by darthsian

• 3 weeks later...

This case is so beautiful!!  How risky is it to order one?  I would have thought Apple would block this design.  I want it.

Edited by tech8086