[Guide] HaC Mini - OSX Mojave on Intel Hades Canyon (NUC8i7HVK/NUC8i7HNK)

osy

227 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Schnubbi said:

Some input from Osy might be required here :-)

I compiled the SSDT and added it to patched ACPI in parallel with HaC Mini 1.3

Additionally, I added USBInjectAll to OTHER

I am getting somewhere, but bluetooth still only somehow works.......

SSDT-UIAC.aml

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 15.52.59.png

Bluetooth on SS01? Shouldn´t this be HS09? Webcam showing on HS09 is back bottom right. 

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 16.03.59.png

32 minutes ago, Schnubbi said:

Bluetooth on SS01? Shouldn´t this be HS09? Webcam showing on HS09 is back bottom right. 

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 16.03.59.png

Your ssdt is wrong. You basically put the wrong ports in and gave them the “right” names. Like your SS01 is actually HS09.

I would advise you to follow the usbinjectall guide again but actually as we’ve established, usbinjectall does nothing and has nothing to do with your Bluetooth issues. It’s a hardware/kext issue with that model.

Aside from this NUC, is there any evidence that this Bluetooth card is even supported by OS X? Any other builds use this card? Because you can spend all your time trying to get it to work or just buy a new card for $20. 

Edited by osy

3 minutes ago, osy said:

Wait what’s going on there. When you posted your ioreg, the Bluetooth was on HS09. Hardware doesn’t magically move around. 

I think USBInjectAll and the SSDT i made are somehow interfering with HacMini1,3

Front USB C and USB3.1 are now on PEGP0

HS01 is front USB (yellow port)

HS04 is back top right

HS09 is now back bottom right

HS10, 11, 12, 13 are empty

SS01 is now bluetooth

SS03 is now back top left

SS04 is now back bottom left

How can I correctly merge this into HacMini1,3?

HaC mini USBInjectAll.zip

1 hour ago, Schnubbi said:

I think USBInjectAll and the SSDT i made are somehow interfering with HacMini1,3

Front USB C and USB3.1 are now on PEGP0

HS01 is front USB (yellow port)

HS04 is back top right

HS09 is now back bottom right

HS10, 11, 12, 13 are empty

SS01 is now bluetooth

SS03 is now back top left

SS04 is now back bottom left

How can I correctly merge this into HacMini1,3?

HaC mini USBInjectAll.zip

1 hour ago, osy said:

Your ssdt is wrong. You basically put the wrong ports in and gave them the “right” names. Like your SS01 is actually HS09.

I would advise you to follow the usbinjectall guide again but actually as we’ve established, usbinjectall does nothing and has nothing to do with your Bluetooth issues. It’s a hardware/kext issue with that model.

Aside from this NUC, is there any evidence that this Bluetooth card is even supported by OS X? Any other builds use this card? Because you can spend all your time trying to get it to work or just buy a new card for $20. 

You are right. When I remove the SSDT / USBINJECTALL it is back on HS09.

And interestingly when I insert a bluetooth USB dongle that works fine on Sierra, i get the same bluetooth issues........

15 minutes ago, Schnubbi said:

You are right. When I remove the SSDT / USBINJECTALL it is back on HS09.

And interestingly when I insert a bluetooth USB dongle that works fine on Sierra, i get the same bluetooth issues........

Maybe it’s an issue with Mojave?

19 minutes ago, osy said:

So I'm using an Apple card so everything works 100% (wifi, bt, handoff, apple watch unlock, etc). Highly recommended. https://osy.gitbook.io/hac-mini-guide/post-installation/wifi

my hp wave model had that same intel card in it as these nuc, when I had it initially hacked it last fall it showed working bluetooth [Ive not done the ssdt for usb so the inject all is bringing it in]. it reported active and would connect some items poorly. Replacing the intel cards with the broadcom+ adapter mentioned in this guide fixed both wifi and BT without any additional kext hacks or anything. definitely worth the modding

50 minutes ago, Golden wang said:

I can’t use HDMI port.

When I turn on power and I can see apple logo from HDMI port then it become to black.

anyone can help me?

sorry about my bad English.

Did you follow the guide? Use v1.3 EFI config/kexts? No other kexts? Post your EFI directory.

18 hours ago, kwjenkins said:

my hp wave model had that same intel card in it as these nuc, when I had it initially hacked it last fall it showed working bluetooth [Ive not done the ssdt for usb so the inject all is bringing it in]. it reported active and would connect some items poorly. Replacing the intel cards with the broadcom+ adapter mentioned in this guide fixed both wifi and BT without any additional kext hacks or anything. definitely worth the modding

Unfortunately, I need the 2nd M2 slot for a 2nd SSD.....

8 hours ago, golo4tw said:

Here you go.

EFI-1.zip

Your drivers64UEFI are not correct. From guide:

1. Download the latest build of Clover (you'll want the one that ends with .pkg) and install it to the installer USB drive.
    1. Launch the installer pkg you downloaded.
    2. When prompted, choose Change Install Location... and select your USB drive (it should be named Install macOS Mojave).
    3. Next, click the Customize button.
    4. You'll want to check the following options (you can also install any additional theme, but don't check anything else):
      1. Clover for UEFI booting only
      2. Install Clover in the ESP
      3. UEFI Drivers -> ApfsDriverLoader-64 (for APFS support)
      4. UEFI Drivers -> SMCHelper-64 (for FakeSMC support)
      5. UEFI Drivers -> AptioMemoryFix-64 (for FileVault support)
      6. UEFI Drivers -> HFSPlus (for HFS+ support)
      7. UEFI Drivers -> UsbKbDxe-64 (needed for FileVault support)
      8. FileVault 2 UEFI Drivers -> AppleUISupport-64 (for FileVault support)

Delete the extra drivers and see if that helps.

6 hours ago, kowbot said:

u can use

1. BCM943602BAED DW1830

2. BCM94352Z/AzureWave DW1560

3. BCM94350ZAE DW1820A

i used 2 of these

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280 - WDS100T2B0B for dual booting,

and the BCM94360CS2 WiFi Bluetooth Airport Wireless Card discussed with adapter

did the case mod mentioned but everything's been working great,  and i've had it running nonstop since last thurs maybe rebooting twice. watching and ramping it up it to see if it can step into being a daily home machine. only issues so far were usb external drives were kicking off initially but now sleep and remount. I was getting a ton of screen tearing and flashing at wake, but adjusted the 4k monitors resolution to a different scaling [my old eyes] and thats been gone for a couple days now too. no thunderbolt working to report yet but thats probably a cabling issue, updated cable is on the way for T2 elgato hub.

oddly, I dont every get any graphics feedback in the intel power gadget so I was reading around to seeany background on that issue on other setups.

Using latest version of this guides assets.

4 hours ago, kwjenkins said:

i used 2 of these

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280 - WDS100T2B0B for dual booting,

and the BCM94360CS2 WiFi Bluetooth Airport Wireless Card discussed with adapter

did the case mod mentioned but everything's been working great,  and i've had it running nonstop since last thurs maybe rebooting twice. watching and ramping it up it to see if it can step into being a daily home machine. only issues so far were usb external drives were kicking off initially but now sleep and remount. I was getting a ton of screen tearing and flashing at wake, but adjusted the 4k monitors resolution to a different scaling [my old eyes] and thats been gone for a couple days now too. no thunderbolt working to report yet but thats probably a cabling issue, updated cable is on the way for T2 elgato hub.

oddly, I dont every get any graphics feedback in the intel power gadget so I was reading around to seeany background on that issue on other setups.

Using latest version of this guides assets.

Yeah I have all these issues too. Documented here:

https://github.com/osy86/HaC-Mini/issues/7

https://github.com/osy86/HaC-Mini/issues/8

https://github.com/osy86/HaC-Mini/issues/18

"no thunderbolt working to report yet but thats probably a cabling issue"

got new thunderbolt 3-2 apple cable today, still not getting any thunderbolt access at boot or otherwise, cycled through reboot steps to test - double checked bios etc.

no suggestions just reporting. Ive read the issues listing on github. should we report stuff here or there?

anyway, as always thanks for all the work on getting this device to work as well as it does!

Edited by kwjenkins

2 hours ago, kwjenkins said:

"no thunderbolt working to report yet but thats probably a cabling issue"

got new thunderbolt 3-2 apple cable today, still not getting any thunderbolt access at boot or otherwise, cycled through reboot steps to test - double checked bios etc.

no suggestions just reporting. Ive read the issues listing on github. should we report stuff here or there?

anyway, as always thanks for all the work on getting this device to work as well as it does!

I’m fine with posting on either place. What TB device are you trying to connect?

On 7/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, osy said:

Your drivers64UEFI are not correct. From guide:

1. Download the latest build of Clover (you'll want the one that ends with .pkg) and install it to the installer USB drive.
    1. Launch the installer pkg you downloaded.
    2. When prompted, choose Change Install Location... and select your USB drive (it should be named Install macOS Mojave).
    3. Next, click the Customize button.
    4. You'll want to check the following options (you can also install any additional theme, but don't check anything else):
      1. Clover for UEFI booting only
      2. Install Clover in the ESP
      3. UEFI Drivers -> ApfsDriverLoader-64 (for APFS support)
      4. UEFI Drivers -> SMCHelper-64 (for FakeSMC support)
      5. UEFI Drivers -> AptioMemoryFix-64 (for FileVault support)
      6. UEFI Drivers -> HFSPlus (for HFS+ support)
      7. UEFI Drivers -> UsbKbDxe-64 (needed for FileVault support)
      8. FileVault 2 UEFI Drivers -> AppleUISupport-64 (for FileVault support)

Delete the extra drivers and see if that helps.

Thank you very much.

It is working.

its a elgato thunderbolt 2 hub for my current test device that works, worked. I got a apple thunderbolt 3-2 adapter yesterday. Now it does show up in the menu as being "attached,detached, not connected" but nothing ever mounts thats attached to it
went through bios, check off legacy thunderbolt and tried secure ID way as well.

- no audio passthru etc.  was looking over trying to use pci export from hackitool to identify stuff and possibly get the ipgu to report back to power gadget, reading through attached thread and a similar one over at that other hackintosh blog
[[SOLVED] Missing IGPU trace with Intel Power Gadget] 
-it didn't work adding all devices yet but I was planning on trying them one at a time next. Id also planned on spending work downtime this week reading through your ssdt section of this build to see if I can get any insights on how everything works together. I'm not saavy enough yet to see big picture, but readings fundamental!

1 hour ago, kwjenkins said:

its a elgato thunderbolt 2 hub for my current test device that works, worked. I got a apple thunderbolt 3-2 adapter yesterday. Now it does show up in the menu as being "attached,detached, not connected" but nothing ever mounts thats attached to it
went through bios, check off legacy thunderbolt and tried secure ID way as well.

- no audio passthru etc.  was looking over trying to use pci export from hackitool to identify stuff and possibly get the ipgu to report back to power gadget, reading through attached thread and a similar one over at that other hackintosh blog
[[SOLVED] Missing IGPU trace with Intel Power Gadget] 
-it didn't work adding all devices yet but I was planning on trying them one at a time next. Id also planned on spending work downtime this week reading through your ssdt section of this build to see if I can get any insights on how everything works together. I'm not saavy enough yet to see big picture, but readings fundamental!

The igpu widget problem is the same as quicksync. https://github.com/osy86/HaC-Mini/issues/18 if quicksync works you’ll see it working as well.

Does your TB dock work in windows? Can you try it in windows and then reboot into OS X and see if it works?

I tried and didn't see it when the adapter first arrived, but did not spend a lot of time troubleshooting on the windows [switching bios etc] since it was a mac specific product and it might not be supported. Ill re-check tonight and post results, / start looking for a windows compatible device in case.

I am getting things to mount through the elgato dock now, it doesn't work on cold boot with attached devices but it does mount external drives after boot up, Id also cycled windows earlier in case that may have made a difference. didn't check elgato in windows yet. sat morning-first time id had to turn on machine due to work stuff all week. so its where everyone is as far as compatibility now.

Edited by kwjenkins
better news

Typing this on my NUC Hackintosh and just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work! This computer is what Apple should have come out with on the higher end Mac mini. Great CPU and GPU in a tiny form factor with every port you could ever want. Also big kudos to those who helped get the GPU running on this. I held off buying this thinking this may never get resolved but the Hackintosh community does it again. 

I would love to donate some money for all your efforts and hope you will continue to refine this build as time permits. 

As a side note I installed version 10.14.6 and used Clover v2.5K R5033. I was able to install the OS using version 5032, but would not boot until I switched to 5033. Sometimes Hackintoshes are picky like that I guess.