[Guide] HaC Mini - OSX Mojave on Intel Hades Canyon (NUC8i7HVK/NUC8i7HNK)

osy

226 posts in this topic

For those who are interested to verify if a successful AGPM profile is being injected, you should have 2 GPUs (GFX0 & IGPU) under iMac18,3/Machine at AGPMController. See enabling Intel QuickSync for reference in previous post.

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 2.36.48 PM.png

Edited by rongu

4 hours ago, rongu said:

For those who are interested to verify if a successful AGPM profile is being injected, you should have 2 GPUs (GFX0 & IGPU) under iMac18,3/Machine at AGPMController. See enabling Intel QuickSync for reference in previous post.

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 2.36.48 PM.png

thx for sharing.

u find enable VT-d and brcmpatch both work?

On 7/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, kowbot said:

thx for sharing.

u find enable VT-d and brcmpatch both work?

No, I cannot get them to work together (VT-d conflict with BrcmFirmwareData.kext). Work around, disable Bluetooth and enable VT-d in the BIOS.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, Dagvelo said:

do the sleep/wake is working for you ?

I have reboot from wake issues on 10.14.6 but none on 10.14.5, both with NTFY patch disabled.

@Dagvelo I have no trouble with sleep/wake 10.14.6 with NTFY patch disabled.

Edited by rongu

5 minutes ago, kowbot said:

thx. 

i use brcmFirmwareRepo.kext and brcmPatchRam2.kext and u posted config.plist bluetooth not detected anymore.

but with HaC mini config.plist work bluetooth whats difference between?

You should only used BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2 in /Library/Extensions OR BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2 in clover/kexts/others.

HaC mini config.plist work bluetooth ???

Edited by rongu

13 minutes ago, rongu said:

You should only used BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2 in /Library/Extensions OR BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2 in clover/kexts/others.

HaC mini config.plist work bluetooth ???

yes.

your config is not detected bluetooth chipset.

여보세요

I don't have BCM943602BAED DW1830 so I can't really tell you much. lt very unlikely the IGPU patch cause your Bluetooth not to work but I won't rule that out.

If you really think is the patch then disable it or revert back to original HaC_mini. You should know by then.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:15 AM, rongu said:

Both Wifi/BT works fine

On my set, I have to disable VT-d in the bios under Secuirty tab. dart=0 in Clover boot argument actually doing the same thing but does not always work.

After you complete the above, just install the following to Clover/kexts/Other, see attached

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

BCM94352Z.zip

Note, the attached files are not my work, they were created by a group of wonderful people and they are here for convenient sake.

File source, https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/

Thank you very much, @rongu! That works to me.

I DID use the same version of files in your package but I installed them in /L/E/ (or /S/L/E, I tried both, none works).

Putting them into EFI/Clover/kext/Other works to me.

Also, I tried your steps to enable iGPU, it works! 

Thank you again!

1 hour ago, KKKW said:

Thank you very much, @rongu! That works to me.

I DID use the same version of files in your package but I installed them in /L/E/ (or /S/L/E, I tried both, none works).

Putting them into EFI/Clover/kext/Other works to me.

Also, I tried your steps to enable iGPU, it works! 

Thank you again!

@KKKW, glad it work out for you.

To match our PEGP to injected AGPM profile add the following patch below or after "change GFX0 to IGPU". See Pic1

- Add a patch "change PEGP to GFX0" in Clover->DSDT->Patches, find hex "50454750", replace hex "47465830"

Save and reboot, verify with IOregistryviewer see Pic2

That should be all for AGPM..... i hope :)

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.png

Edited by rongu

very strange.

igpu patch and set smbios iMac19,1 is bluetooth chipset detected and work fine.

i have still hard freeze randomly when < 10 mins.

wait new osy version release.

@osy u have NUC8i7HNK? i think u have HNK model.

Just joined to say thank you to @osy for this guide. I picked up the Intel NUC8i7HVK and was ecstatic to see such a thorough and well written guide for getting Hackintosh working on it! Kudos to you and all the work you put in. Didn't replace my wireless card, but hope that I can live off ethernet and no bluetooth.

5 minutes ago, castleman said:

Just joined to say thank you to @osy for this guide. I picked up the Intel NUC8i7HVK and was ecstatic to see such a thorough and well written guide for getting Hackintosh working on it! Kudos to you and all the work you put in. Didn't replace my wireless card, but hope that I can live off ethernet and no bluetooth.

r u not have hard freeze?

1 hour ago, castleman said:

@kowbot, I just got it configured correctly, so I have yet to spend too much time with it. Haven't tried letting it go to sleep, but have been using it for about the time since I last posted without any issue. Running 10.14.6 with the 1.2 release.

ok. can u share build?

my build

NUC8i7HVK (8809g)

ssd: Samsung EVO 500GB ( Hackintosh )

Samsung EVO Plus 500GB ( Windows )

ram: Samsung SO-DIMM PC4-21300 16GB * 2 = 32GB

BT/WIFI: DW 1830 (0a5c:21ff custom patched)

i think hard freeze issue is ram, BT/WIFI or my nuc is faulty..

Hackintosh is Hard Freezed but Windows not Freezed anything.

4 hours ago, kowbot said:

hmm... i give up my nuc is still hard freeze randomly when < 10mins...

@kowbotHey, have you tried resetting your BIOS and select Low Power Enable or Balance Enable under PrimaryPower Settings and see how it goes....

Other things your can try to isolate your issues by

-Removing your windows' m.2 storage

-Running your system with single stick of ram

-Disable wifi/bt in BIOS

Edited by rongu

57 minutes ago, rongu said:

@kowbotHey, have you tried resetting your BIOS and select Low Power Enable or Balance Enable under PrimaryPower Settings and see how it goes....

Other things your can try to isolate your issues by

-Removing your windows' m.2 storage

-Running your system with single stick of ram

-Disable wifi/bt in BIOS

tried Remove m.2 storage => fail.

tried Low Power => fail.

tried Disable BT/WIFI => fail.

ok. i have two more solution.

1. Running single ram.

2. Disable Speed Step or Other Power Setting Change.

Edited by kowbot

just checking in, got my second bcm94360cs2 card in the mail today and dropped it into the device, pretty stingy with the antenna cables in there but i got it in and stable. unfortunately its bluetooth doesn't work, and unless I did something screwy with the wiring the card is just bad. the wifi part works and the other one [now deep in a case I vow to never open again~] worked completely out of the box, so for now Im just going to order a replacement and see if its the card - if anybody had any bluetooth issues other than the kowbot ones [different card] drop me a note, Im on the OSY path of install. Other than that this thing seems done and ready. new card should be here friday and hopefully that'll be it