Please help to remove last 2 errors from dsdt.dsl

AppleBytes

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm working on a re-install of OSX on a dell inspiron 9400. I was finally able to get a copy of SL on it. But it still needs MUCH work, as the graphics (NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800) isn't properly recognized -- either by model, or installed VRAM.

It has 512Mb, but only initializes 256Mb VESA. :(

Anyway, as a start, I thought it best to use a valid dsdt.dsl for compilation, and start there. I've managed to remove all the warnings, and errors save 2

OUTPUT:

# sudo iasl -ta ./dsdt.dslll

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20110527-64 [May 27 2011]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2011 Intel Corporation

./dsdt.dslll   3519:                                 Return (0x00)
Error    4080 -           Invalid object type for reserved name ^  (found INTEGER, requires Buffer)

./dsdt.dslll   3956:                     Return (Package (0x00) {})
Remark   5072 -         Effective AML package length is zero ^

ASL Input:  ./dsdt.dslll - 4997 lines, 158533 bytes, 1633 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 577 Optimizations

I'm attaching a copy of the above output, and the dsdt.dsl file in a tarball to this post in hopes someone with the required knowledge can help me fix it.

FWIW

SMBIOS I'm using indicates this is a MBP 3,1

cpu: cd2 (T7400 @2.16Ghz)

graphics: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800 ( G70M? )

ram: 4Gb

dell inspiron 9400 (Laptop)

Thank you for all your time, and consideration!

--Chris

DSDT-DSL.tar

Edited by AppleBytes

@artur_pt, @Hervé, I'm honored -- thank you!

@Hervé

I was forced to look at the advice given to others to find solution(s) to the other Errors, and Warnings that were in the dsdt.dsl. I couldn't use MaciASL. As the only versions I could find on Rehabman's sites ( googlecopde - os-x-maciasl-patchmatic, and Bitbucket ) Required Mountain Lion. Thanks for the advice on using a MBP5,1 SMBIOS. Sounds more promising.

@artur_pt, @Hervé,

Sorry about my naming convention on the dsdt.dsl ( dsdt.dslll ). I was using that naming convention as a versioning scheme -- Every time I made a change, I added an adidional l (ell). :)

Thanks again, to you both. I'm extremely grateful for your taking the time to help!

All the best to you both!

--Chris

Edited by AppleBytes