i3-3220, Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Boot Problem

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:

Asus P8H61-MX USB3

i3-3220

8GB DDR3 Memory

GTX 750 ti

500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/

But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

IMG_20190501_185313.thumb.jpg.aa4eb82fad0b0c246fe7ec72b49c0848.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

18 hours ago, dannymozzer_ said:

Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:

Asus P8H61-MX USB3

i3-3220

8GB DDR3 Memory

GTX 750 ti

500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/

But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks,

Dan

Use this EFI folder on the USB installer for Maverics and make a backup of your existing EFI folder just in case.

EFI.zip

And please update your signature like explained in the video for future references.

Just now, dannymozzer_ said:

Hi, thank you,

What version of Clover should I use? Because following that guide I linked, it didn't create an EFI partition.

Thanks,

Dan

The EFI folder already contains clover bootloader, all you need to do is to make sure that you set BIOS to boot from UEFI and place my EFI folder in the USB Disk's EFI. Use Clover Configurator or ESP Mounter Pro to mount the EFI partition on your USB disk. When you format a disk with GUID scheme it will automatically create the EFI partition.

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The EFI folder already contains clover bootloader, all you need to do is to make sure that you set BIOS to boot from UEFI and place my EFI folder in the USB Disk's EFI. Use Clover Configurator or ESP Mounter Pro to mount the EFI partition on your USB disk. When you format a disk with GUID scheme it will automatically create the EFI partition.

OK, thank you.

And is there a specific SMBIOS I need? Sorry for all these questions, it's just because, following that guide, they used Chameleon bootloader, which is why I was getting a bit confused, so I'm just going to redo my Install USB and use the EFI folder you gave me.

No problem. You don’t need to remake the USB installer if you used the guide above. The EFI I sent you is from my Asus P8H77-M LE which has a Core i3 3210 which is somewhat similar to your rig. 

48 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

No problem. You don’t need to remake the USB installer if you used the guide above. The EFI I sent you is from my Asus P8H77-M LE which has a Core i3 3210 which is somewhat similar to your rig. 

OK, so I did recreate the installer just because I wanted to use the Clover installer, and added your EFI folder, but for some reason, when going to the boot manager, and choosing, "UEFI: USB Drive" I get this error message:

IMG_20190502_155613.thumb.jpg.0c11b485bc1a15ea2da49a736ddef208.jpg

And when I press N, it boots into Clover, but my keyboard doesn't work, I can't interact with anything at all, am I missing something? Did you use a specific version of Clover, or is there an option I need to enable or something?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, dannymozzer_ said:

OK, so I did recreate the installer just because I wanted to use the Clover installer, and added your EFI folder, but for some reason, when going to the boot manager, and choosing, "UEFI: USB Drive" I get this error message:

IMG_20190502_155613.thumb.jpg.0c11b485bc1a15ea2da49a736ddef208.jpg

And when I press N, it boots into Clover, but my keyboard doesn't work, I can't interact with anything at all, am I missing something? Did you use a specific version of Clover, or is there an option I need to enable or something?

Thanks

Nermind, I figured it out, but now I have a different problem:

IMG_20190502_160651.thumb.jpg.18768d0aad10f96d81aba7095def5dd4.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

About the network delay error remove the Realtek kext form the EFI folder and try again

Unfortunately not, the exact same error:

IMG_20190502_162711.thumb.jpg.b9dfa83d027f9025d8a9cf82d9c7d1f7.jpg

And when I tried booting without injected kexts (just to see what would happen), I got this error too:

IMG_20190502_162855.thumb.jpg.480d9e65ba0ae8a58b42920f7997171f.jpg

I'll be honest, I never have the best luck with Hackintosh computers :lol:

Is there maybe a BIOS setting, or kext, or smbios info or something that I might be missing? Should I install Clover in a different way? At this point I'm just trying to look at all the potential problems.

I’m sorry the method you used is not supported by us and and we do not support their tools and guides please read our Rules.

what you can do is to use the creatinstallmedia method to create the USB disk and then we can continue troubleshooting your issues. Or follow the installation guides from our installation section.

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I’m sorry the method you used is not supported by us and and we do not support their tools and guides please read our Rules.

what you can do is to use the creatinstallmedia method to create the USB disk and then we can continue troubleshooting your issues. Or follow the installation guides from our installation section.

OK no problem. I'll sort that out later and try again when I get the chance.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Good luck

Hi,

Sorry for not responding for a while, but I've created a new install USB, I was wondering if you could tell me what version of Clover I should use, and also, if you could double check the EFI folder you sent me is compatible with my system, as I'm just trying to look at all of the different options to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Dan