dannymozzer_

i3-3220, Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Boot Problem

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:

Asus P8H61-MX USB3

i3-3220

8GB DDR3 Memory

GTX 750 ti

500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/

But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

IMG_20190501_185313.thumb.jpg.aa4eb82fad0b0c246fe7ec72b49c0848.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

Advertisement

18 hours ago, dannymozzer_ said:

Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:

Asus P8H61-MX USB3

i3-3220

8GB DDR3 Memory

GTX 750 ti

500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/

But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks,

Dan

Use this EFI folder on the USB installer for Maverics and make a backup of your existing EFI folder just in case.

EFI.zip

And please update your signature like explained in the video for future references.

Just now, dannymozzer_ said:

Hi, thank you,

What version of Clover should I use? Because following that guide I linked, it didn't create an EFI partition.

Thanks,

Dan

The EFI folder already contains clover bootloader, all you need to do is to make sure that you set BIOS to boot from UEFI and place my EFI folder in the USB Disk's EFI. Use Clover Configurator or ESP Mounter Pro to mount the EFI partition on your USB disk. When you format a disk with GUID scheme it will automatically create the EFI partition.

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The EFI folder already contains clover bootloader, all you need to do is to make sure that you set BIOS to boot from UEFI and place my EFI folder in the USB Disk's EFI. Use Clover Configurator or ESP Mounter Pro to mount the EFI partition on your USB disk. When you format a disk with GUID scheme it will automatically create the EFI partition.

OK, thank you.

And is there a specific SMBIOS I need? Sorry for all these questions, it's just because, following that guide, they used Chameleon bootloader, which is why I was getting a bit confused, so I'm just going to redo my Install USB and use the EFI folder you gave me.

No problem. You don’t need to remake the USB installer if you used the guide above. The EFI I sent you is from my Asus P8H77-M LE which has a Core i3 3210 which is somewhat similar to your rig. 

48 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

No problem. You don’t need to remake the USB installer if you used the guide above. The EFI I sent you is from my Asus P8H77-M LE which has a Core i3 3210 which is somewhat similar to your rig. 

OK, so I did recreate the installer just because I wanted to use the Clover installer, and added your EFI folder, but for some reason, when going to the boot manager, and choosing, "UEFI: USB Drive" I get this error message:

IMG_20190502_155613.thumb.jpg.0c11b485bc1a15ea2da49a736ddef208.jpg

And when I press N, it boots into Clover, but my keyboard doesn't work, I can't interact with anything at all, am I missing something? Did you use a specific version of Clover, or is there an option I need to enable or something?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, dannymozzer_ said:

OK, so I did recreate the installer just because I wanted to use the Clover installer, and added your EFI folder, but for some reason, when going to the boot manager, and choosing, "UEFI: USB Drive" I get this error message:

IMG_20190502_155613.thumb.jpg.0c11b485bc1a15ea2da49a736ddef208.jpg

And when I press N, it boots into Clover, but my keyboard doesn't work, I can't interact with anything at all, am I missing something? Did you use a specific version of Clover, or is there an option I need to enable or something?

Thanks

Nermind, I figured it out, but now I have a different problem:

IMG_20190502_160651.thumb.jpg.18768d0aad10f96d81aba7095def5dd4.jpg

About the network delay error remove the Realtek kext form the EFI folder and try again

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

About the network delay error remove the Realtek kext form the EFI folder and try again

Unfortunately not, the exact same error:

IMG_20190502_162711.thumb.jpg.b9dfa83d027f9025d8a9cf82d9c7d1f7.jpg

And when I tried booting without injected kexts (just to see what would happen), I got this error too:

IMG_20190502_162855.thumb.jpg.480d9e65ba0ae8a58b42920f7997171f.jpg

I'll be honest, I never have the best luck with Hackintosh computers :lol:

Is there maybe a BIOS setting, or kext, or smbios info or something that I might be missing? Should I install Clover in a different way? At this point I'm just trying to look at all the potential problems.

We’ll sort it out don’t worry. How did you create USB installer?

and do you have a Bluetooth dongle that you can use?

I’m sorry the method you used is not supported by us and and we do not support their tools and guides please read our Rules.

what you can do is to use the creatinstallmedia method to create the USB disk and then we can continue troubleshooting your issues. Or follow the installation guides from our installation section.

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I’m sorry the method you used is not supported by us and and we do not support their tools and guides please read our Rules.

what you can do is to use the creatinstallmedia method to create the USB disk and then we can continue troubleshooting your issues. Or follow the installation guides from our installation section.

OK no problem. I'll sort that out later and try again when I get the chance.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Good luck

Hi,

Sorry for not responding for a while, but I've created a new install USB, I was wondering if you could tell me what version of Clover I should use, and also, if you could double check the EFI folder you sent me is compatible with my system, as I'm just trying to look at all of the different options to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted (edited)

So, I'm still facing issues, if anyone can help, it would be great.

This is my issue this time:

IMG_20190515_171437.thumb.jpg.5d55ef9237e55e5692a8cf0f05abc888.jpg

Edited by dannymozzer_

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685
        Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Install Clover in USB stick UEFI mode https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace Folder CLOVER INSTALLATION.zip   --Install System and boot with USB STICK! --Install Clover in UEFI mode and replace with my folder  Mavericks / Yosemite CLOVER Mavericks-Yosemite.zip El Capitan / Sierra CLOVER El Capitan-Sierra.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   Bingo!   Now you need a fine tune! I prefer DSDT way, apply all patches in one file, many people prefer many SSDTs or Clover patches! If you need DSDT edit... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generate in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609    --DSDT My DSDT DSDT.Asus Z97M-PLUS.zip   Patches  -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -SLPB -EHCx -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -HDMI -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -PNLF --SSDT Generate your SSDT Power Management, use ssdtPRGen Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha run in terminal curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh ssdtPRGen.command.zip

--SSDT i74790K
      SSDT.i7 4790K.zip

--IOREG
      iMac.ioreg.zip

Clear NVRAM, Purge and Kextcache Olarila.command.zip   stock coolerand Rio 40º    --FakeSMC http://www.hwsensors.com/releases --Audio http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/ --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/   Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
    • By X99SUser
      Hi there, I'm an Italian student who wants to try out Hackintosh. I'm struggling on this odissey since 3 weeks ago and now I decided to ask for your help. My aim is to get macOS High Sierra up and running on my X99 build.
      The specs are as follows:
      Intel Core i7 5820K@3.3GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz; MSI X99S SLI Plus; Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4@2133MHz Overclocked to 2400MHz (16GB); DeepCool Assassin II (Cooler); MSI GTX960 2GB OC Edition; SSD Samsung 850EVO 250GB; HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB. As I said before I was struggling on this machine for 3 weeks with other guys that helped me a lot, but we can't get past the Reloc Block. With the most "successful" attempt we made, I eventually got it to the point you see in photo, after which it reboots in something like 2 or 3 seconds.
      In the attatched files you'll find the photo of the point where I was stuck (I apologize for the quality, if you need a more redable photo just ask and I'll take a shot) and the EFI used for that attempt.
      Thanks a lot to all of you for your help and support, if you need any additional information about my computer or the EFI Folder that you can't find in this post or its attatched files, don't hesitate to ask me, I'll be happy to answer.
      EFI.zip

• By gygabyte666
      UPDATED: 10/19/2018

Recent Changes:
      -general cleanup
      -removed title instances of Files
      -removed title instances of macOS
      -minor updates to "hotpatch" section
      -added thread history section
      -removed NOTICE: section, it is outdated
      -added 10.14 to thread title
      -added 10.14 to thread tags

Previous Changes:
      -added artur_pt to Thanks list for being the first person to try to help me 4 years ago.
      -FINALLY removed the [WIP] in title. I think it's safe now, haha
      -HUGE post cleanup! should be (hopefully) easier to navigate
      -added new section for 10.13 High Sierra
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.13 files
      -removed old link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated link to Andrw0380's updated 10.12.4 files
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.13.x
      -removed images as they weren't loading anymore anyway

DISCLAIMER: I can be in no way held responsible for any damage to your computer as a result of the information or files provided on this page. I can't be held responsible for the faults and errors of those who follow (or choose not to follow) my advise or instructions. You are on your own if you proceed. This was created with the assumption that anyone following it would be using the SAME machine model and hardware setup as mine, a HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad. Using any other model or hardware configuration may work but is completely unsupported! This was never intended to be used as an installation guide and shouldn't be referenced as one. It is merely a place to list my testing results. Consider this your one and ONLY warning. Continue at your OWN RISK...

WARNING: thread history follows: (cloned from post HERE)

RehabMan has been hard at work and has created a much better, more reliable method for both current and possibly future OS X installs. His new method, named the "hotpatch" method is far superior to our old ones and should rightfully take its place. Following is a direct link to his detailed and extensive guide to assist both current and future users with their adventures in OS X. Should you find success using his method, please remember to say THANKS for his work and to possibly add to his growing repository to hopefully assist future users in their own success stories. If you are looking to try on the very bleeding edge, then this is where you want to be.

RehabMan "hotpatch" guide

README: The following files were created using very basic testing to ensure very basic functionality. I cannot possibly foresee or test for every possible setup scenario, so I don't even try to. There may be unforeseen problems or issues that I was unable to expect or resolve. Please try to keep this in mind should you decide to try them out. Hopefully, someone finds them useful. I cannot and do not speak for Andrw0308's specific support files.

10.14.x (Mojave) ENVY:
      10.14.0_ENVY17_10142018.zip UPDATED: 10/14/2018

10.13.x (High Sierra) ENVY:
      10.13.6_ENVY17_10192018.zip UPDATED: 10/19/2018
      10.13.0 files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE

10.12.x (Sierra) ENVY:
      10.12.6_ENVY17_10192018.zip UPDATED: 10/19/2018
      10.12.4 files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE

10.11.x (El Capitan) ENVY:
      10.11.6_ENVY17_10192018.zip UPDATED: 10/19/2018
      10.11.0 files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE

10.10.x (Yosemite) ENVY:
      10.10.5_ENVY17_10192018.zip UPDATED: 10/19/2018
      10.10.0 files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE
      10.10_ENVY_10262014.zip UPDATED: 10/26/2014
      Dropbox Mirror

10.9.5 (Mavericks) ENVY:
      Dropbox Update UPDATED: 04/07/2015
      10.9.5_ENVY_10262014.zip UPDATED: 10/26/2014
      Dropbox Mirror

10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) ENVY:
      Dropbox Update UPDATED: 04/07/2015
      10.8.5_ENVY_08282014.zip UPDATED: 08/28/2014
      Dropbox Mirror

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:
      [in no particular order]

- CharlieSheen
      - bcc9
      - RehabMan
      - mnfesq
      - toleda
      - Mieze
      - Micky1979
      - artur_pt
      - TimeWalker75a
      - Slice
      - Andrw0380
      - jerrywilborn
      - Cobra03
      - hotKoffy
      - mnorthern
      - PikeRAlpha
      - nrjmadan

REMINDER: An unbelievable amount of hard work, dedication and enormous amounts of time have gone into the making, testing and maintaining of the content for this post, this thread and the entire forum as a whole. Please do try to remember that SOMEONE has to make all this happen. Be sure to THANK those who deserve it. A little appreciation goes a long way.

CONCLUSION: I truly can't believe how long this thread has survived and it is awe-inspiring to see how much further it has moved along since I last visited it. You are all just amazing and wonderful people for doing what you do. You all know who you are.

• By amin321
      hello everyones 
      I think i have a problem with my power management i feels like temperature is coming so hot and so on 
      lenovo ideapad 500 
      i7 6500U 2.50 gz
      any help please 
      Send me macbook-pro.zip
    • By zeg66
      Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 
      Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?