BEST PCI EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

TomA2

16 posts in this topic

Wow. That's not at all what I expected to hear. From what I've seen people have been saying that "anything but onboard 9xx or ATI Radeon 1600 is a waste of money." I think one guy used those exact words even.

So you guys are having no problems with these cards whatsoever? All working 100%?

You must be out of the loop. Titan and Natit came out about a week and a half ago. Provides full support for NVidia cards, with a seperate branch for ATI coming along. But even then, the NVidia cards work better(dual mons, sleep, etc.).

Yes, I'm likely to be out of the loop alright.

Thanks a lot for the update!

I checked into the nVidia 7800/7900s and found them to be way out of my price range (US$250-$300).

Any recommendations for something in the US$100-150 range?

Yes, I'm likely to be out of the loop alright.

Thanks a lot for the update!

I checked into the nVidia 7800/7900s and found them to be way out of my price range (US$250-$300).

Any recommendations for something in the US$100-150 range?

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category...s-Video-Devices

7300GT - $70

7600GS or 7600GT - $89 & $110 - both excellent midrange cards.

7900GS - just at the $150 limit you set.

Just about any of these cards work well in latest JaS 10.4.8 *IF* you use the Titan/Natit enablers.

CAVEAT: To date, only cards with 256megs will work - 512 meg cards WILL fail!

Newegg is ALWAYS reliable and cheap, and right now, it's hard to find a better deal than the BFG 7600GT BFGR76256GTOCE for $113.99 & free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category...s-Video-Devices

7300GT - $70

7600GS or 7600GT - $89 & $110 - both excellent midrange cards.

7900GS - just at the $150 limit you set.

Just about any of these cards work well in latest JaS 10.4.8 *IF* you use the Titan/Natit enablers.

CAVEAT: To date, only cards with 256megs will work - 512 meg cards WILL fail!

Newegg is ALWAYS reliable and cheap, and right now, it's hard to find a better deal than the BFG 7600GT BFGR76256GTOCE for $113.99 & free shipping.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

So it doesn't actually have to be an nvidia branded card as long as it uses an nvidia chipset?

Several of these cards are DVI only, and I'm using a VGA CRT. Would there be any problem using a DVI->VGA converter (like the kind you get with a Mac laptop)?

Sorry, panic was a screwup on my part.

My problem is that I get past the apple and spinning cursor screens and end up at the finder with a black and white stair step pattern overlaid by random multicolored static dots.

The finder is there, because the stair step pattern changes when I click where the menus should be.

FYI: My card is EVA e-GeForce 7600 GT (256k) on and Intel D945GNTLKR mobo. I'm using Titan downloaded directly from its development page.

Any ideas? See below for screen shot:

post-49768-1164472133_thumb.jpg

I tried the Natit 1.0 installer--an got an almost identical result to what you see above (and I posted my results in the Natit Forum).

Oddly, the cursor is visible and guess what??

SLEEP WORKS!! YEAH! It wakes with mouse movement!

Too bad I can't see the screen...