AMD Radeon Vii in macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta

Gigamaxx

242 posts in this topic

Radeon Vii support is still primitive but it is working with acceleration in macOS Mojave DP 14.4 version 2.

Edit of the AMDRadeon5000kext info.plist adding 0x66AF1002 in the Vega10 section of IOKitPersonalities allows acceleration and decent performance.   However full native support is still not there yet.

Some odd observations, after updating the Crimson drivers 19.2 it seems to have flashed the bios to UEFI?   When running Luxmark Ball bench the background is green instead of blue.  This happens with the newly flashed card as well as the non flashed card and it ends in pixel errors.   But with both cards it has the blue background and there are no errors. see pics.

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 8.59.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 12.46.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 2.41.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.01.41 PM.png

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, Gigamaxx said:

Only works in Mojave 14.4 beta.

Hi Gigamaxx, do you know if your fix still work in beta 3? 

I'm not able to use it. I added the value in AMDRadeonX5000.kext for the Vega10 

On 2/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, Gigamaxx said:

Edit of the AMDRadeon5000kext info.plist adding 0x66AF1002 in the Vega10 section of IOKitPersonalities allows acceleration and decent performance.   

I would I go about editing this? Still learning about hackintosh.

Edit: I'm just a little confused on where exactly in the plist to add the 0x66AF1002.

Could you by chance send a screenshot?

Edited by mrheatherroth

Give me a few minutes to update I'll give you the edited info.plist.

I have a folder for you, there is a screenshot folder maybe take a look at that first before following the directions below.

1.  Go to top tool bar and select "Finder", go to "Preferences" then select the box next to "Hard Drives".  Now all your drives will show on your desktop.

2.  Open the drive with 14.4 beta 3 and go to System, click then go to Library, click then scroll to Extensions folder and open.

3.  Go to AMDRadeonX5000kext and "right" click and it will give you options.   Select "show Package Contents".   Then open the "Contents folder. 

4.  Open the folder I uploaded and drag the info.plist to the desktop.  Go to top tool bar and select "new folder" name it and drag a copy of your info.plist "original' to it for a backup.    

5.  Drag my plist to the "Contents" tab or folder and make sure you get "Authenticate" and "Replace" prompts if you don't hit cancel and do again.   After it loads and replaces the original file close the folders.

6.  This is the most important part.   Open Kext Wizard app and run it, make sure to select the two boxes on bottom left and then run.Also make sure to select the proper target drive.  After it has run successfully then reboot.

radeon VII fix 14.4 beta 3.zip

Edited by Gigamaxx

Heres a fix for the Radeon Vega to Radeon VII.

Follow the same procedure but go to S/L/Extensions the go to AMD1000controllerkext, and right click, "show package contents".   Open the macOs folder and replace with this controller and use kext Wizard before reboot.   Make a folder and store a copy of your original first for a backup.

VII naming fix.zip

19 minutes ago, Benlehot said:

Hi Gigamaxx,

I just open your info.plist in a text editor. It's quite empty when comparing with the original one. Is it normal? 

Regards,

Ben

Can you post a pick?  Nevermind I found it.   Redownload from the original post.

Edited by Gigamaxx

35 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Can you post a pick?  Nevermind I found it.   Redownload from the original post.

Hummm now I can't boot with the updated info.plist version. My computer is rebooting during macOS loading.

Edited by Benlehot