Jump to content
nmano

X299 WU8 with Intel Core i9-9980XE

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

X299 WU8 with Intel Core i9-9980XE

 

0Z1A8061.thumb.JPG.342a0f11026549f6d09d63f3501679a6.JPG

 

 

Gigabyte   X299 WU8

Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory

Corsair H115i RGB

Samsung SM 970 500GB

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

 

I already own

 

Cooler Master COSMOS

WIFI card Broadcom BCM943x

FireWire IEEE-1394a OHCI Controller

 

X299-WU8

 

I like this  X299 server board some reason. Because this motherboard has 7 PCIex16  Slots design.

Support Thunderbolt 3,PCIex4 M.2,USB 3.1,ALC 1220, Two RGBW Pin Headers.

This board has 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers but not 2.0 headers.

 

915194049_ScreenShot2019-02-03at12_06_56PM.thumb.png.b8618a4d617914e86b0e654d52305984.png

 

Bios Settings

 

DSM-Disabled

Extreme Memory Pro­file (X.M.P.) set to Pro­file 1

Change your CPU Clock Ratio 30 to 42

In Advanced CPU Core Settings

Set Enhanced Multi-Core Performance to Enabled

Set Energy Effi­cient Turbo to Disabled

Eist Enabled

C6/C7 Enabled

 

XCPM

 

machdep.cpu.brand_string: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz

This CPU support natively XCPM Because I don’t use any kernel patches or FakeCPUID

268264377_ScreenShot2019-02-03at6_34_32PM.thumb.png.2bfd289e245f550115ad335ed587b467.png

1838507059_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_50_34AM.thumb.png.20259e3c36684c3fd7705fac9736c2e0.png

 

Graphics

 

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

 

Open Clover Configurator thick RadeonDelnit

 

Support kexts

 

WhateverGreen.kext

Lilu.kext

VegaTab_64.kext

578492683_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_56_06AM.thumb.png.b3dcfca632b3133ee30aee05aabe8f31.png

1893846958_ScreenShot2019-02-03at10_06_42AM.thumb.png.dfabe6e2e827c2af65eef621e6ffa684.png

 

I don’t rename some devices names via ACPI

But Clover loader renames Automatically this devices GFX0,HDAU,HDEF

I am very excited.

1257826155_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_54_41AM.thumb.png.12fa537e7c4310bdcda5c8c4b8b00049.png

 

XHCI

 

This motherboard USB ports support natively. Because I don’t use any USB Injector.But I use port limit patched.40296009_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_58_54AM.thumb.png.563c6d44486839add4b846d1524c0f39.png

 

Sleep work Now

KernelToPatch

Comment            xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha
Find               31D2E891 FCFFFF
Replace            31D29090 909090
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 autorestart          0
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0
 hibernatemode        0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         60
 womp                 1

Bluetooth

 

Bluetooth has USB 2.0 header My Motherboard has 3.1 header

I thing I need USB 3.1 to 2.0 Adapter.

 

PCI Slot Information

 

1466401732_ScreenShot2019-02-03at7_19_19PM.thumb.png.14eb808473a85da4e5addf360f7b5223.png

I update some SSDT for X299

All in one X299 All in one.zip

X299 Each Devices 17 SSDT.zip

I update EFI.zip

 

 

If you like DSDT patches

#Remove all SSDT in your EFI

Before patch you have to Add ACPI patch in Clover Config

Comment PC00 -> PCI0

Find        50433030

Replace   50434930

 

XHCI for USB 3

DTGP

HDEF

GFX0(VEGA64)
HDAU

HPET

ARPT

RTC

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

REMOVED DEVICES

LPC0

GLAN

IMEI

SSD0(SM970)

SAT1

PMC1

FIX WARNINGS

And more enjoy.

X299-Compile.rtf

X299-DSDT-Device-Patch.rtf

If you like Go to Gigabyte web site->Products->Server Motherboard->Professional Motherboard->X299-WU8

 

https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Server-Professional-Products

273008675_ScreenShot2019-02-03at12_05_15PM.thumb.png.8ab5bfe015558b8ece772c9a0060ba4d.png

 


I really thank for everyone who support and help to this success.

 

I update kexts.

X299_Injector USB 3.kext.zip

 

Edited by nmano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

You may need to disable/unplug AIO cooler header to get sleep working.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Unplug what?

I have Corsair H115i RGB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unplug what?
I have Corsair H115i RGB


Your cooler should have a USB cord attached that plugs into a motherboard header? To control the rgb and fan curves. That is what I needed to disable / unplug for macOS to sleep with my machine. H110i


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

 


Your cooler should have a USB cord attached that plugs into a motherboard header? To control the rgb and fan curves. That is what I needed to disable / unplug for macOS to sleep with my machine. H110i


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Yes I have the USB cord but I did not connect that because My motherboard does have usb 2.0 header.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes I have the USB cord but I did not connect that because My motherboard does have usb 2.0 header.

Also the latest IPG prevents sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I have the USB cord but I did not connect that because My motherboard does have usb 2.0 header.

Also the latest IPG prevents sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nmano said:

X299 WU8 with Intel Core i9-9980XE

 

0Z1A8061.thumb.JPG.342a0f11026549f6d09d63f3501679a6.JPG

 

 

Gigabyte   X299 WU8

Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory

Corsair H115i RGB

Samsung SM 970 500GB

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

 

I already own

 

Cooler Master COSMOS

WIFI card Broadcom BCM943x

FireWire IEEE-1394a OHCI Controller

 

X299-WU8

 

I like this  X299 server board some reason. Because this motherboard has 7 PCIex16  Slots design.

Support Thunderbolt 3,PCIex4 M.2,USB 3.1,ALC 1220, Two RGBW Pin Headers.

This board has 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers but not 2.0 headers.

 

915194049_ScreenShot2019-02-03at12_06_56PM.thumb.png.b8618a4d617914e86b0e654d52305984.png

 

Bios Settings

 

DSM-Disabled

Extreme Memory Pro­file (X.M.P.) set to Pro­file 1

Change your CPU Clock Ratio 30 to 42

In Advanced CPU Core Settings

Set Enhanced Multi-Core Performance to Enabled

Set Energy Effi­cient Turbo to Disabled

Eist Enabled

C6/C7 Enabled

 

XCPM

 

machdep.cpu.brand_string: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz

This CPU support natively XCPM Because I don’t use any kernel patches or FakeCPUID

268264377_ScreenShot2019-02-03at6_34_32PM.thumb.png.2bfd289e245f550115ad335ed587b467.png

1838507059_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_50_34AM.thumb.png.20259e3c36684c3fd7705fac9736c2e0.png

 

Graphics

 

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

 

Open Clover Configurator thick RadeonDelnit

 

Support kexts

 

WhateverGreen.kext

Lilu.kext

VegaTab_64.kext

578492683_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_56_06AM.thumb.png.b3dcfca632b3133ee30aee05aabe8f31.png

1893846958_ScreenShot2019-02-03at10_06_42AM.thumb.png.dfabe6e2e827c2af65eef621e6ffa684.png

 

I don’t rename some devices names via ACPI

But Clover loader renames Automatically this devices GFX0,HDAU,HDEF

I am very excited.

1257826155_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_54_41AM.thumb.png.12fa537e7c4310bdcda5c8c4b8b00049.png

 

XHCI

 

This motherboard USB ports support natively. Because I don’t use any USB Injector.But I use port limit patched.40296009_ScreenShot2019-02-03at9_58_54AM.thumb.png.563c6d44486839add4b846d1524c0f39.png

 

Not work

 

Sleep

 

I test in windows 10 sleep worked but OSX not work that’s very sad.


System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 autorestart          0
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0
 hibernatemode        0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         60
 womp                 1

Bluetooth

 

Bluetooth has USB 2.0 header My Motherboard has 3.1 header

I thing I need USB 3.1 to 2.0 Adapter.

 

PCI Slot Information

 

1466401732_ScreenShot2019-02-03at7_19_19PM.thumb.png.14eb808473a85da4e5addf360f7b5223.png

I update some SSDT for X299

All in one X299 All in one.zip

X299 Each Devices 17 SSDT.zip

I update EFI.zip

 

If you like Go to Gigabyte web site->Products->Server Motherboard->Professional Motherboard->X299-WU8

 

https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Server-Professional-Products

273008675_ScreenShot2019-02-03at12_05_15PM.thumb.png.8ab5bfe015558b8ece772c9a0060ba4d.png

 


I really thank for everyone who support and help to this success.

 

 

Try to follow this well established guide and everything should work as expected.. :wink_anim:

 

 

Good luck.. :wink_anim:

 

KGP

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SavageAUS said:


Also the latest IPG prevents sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also the latest IPG prevents sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remove from DOCK Intel power Gadget still sleep not work

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

#Remove XHCI SSDT.aml

#Remove _DSM to XDSM

# set port count in your X299_Injector USB 3.kext (I have 31 ports I set 1F)

#Now Create automatically All device ports.

 

1246547227_ScreenShot2019-02-10at4_33_50PM.thumb.png.86b57c6ebca523a56c2e01e122232127.png

 

 

X299_Injector USB 3.kext.zip

Edited by nmano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

X299 DSDT patches

#Remove all SSDT in your EFI

Before patch you have to Add ACPI patch in Clover Config

Comment PC00 -> PCI0

Find        50433030 

Replace   50434930 

 

XHCI for USB 3

DTGP

HDEF

GFX0(VEGA64)
HDAU

HPET

ARPT

RTC

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

REMOVED DEVICES

LPC0

GLAN

IMEI

SSD0(SM970)

SAT1

PMC1

FIX WARNINGS

And more enjoy.

X299-Compile.rtf

X299-DSDT-Device-Patch.rtf

 

Edited by nmano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've a build similar to your, with Designare EX X299 instead of WU8. I upgraded my 7980XE with the new 9980XE and everything work without any kernel change 

Just like you only sleep, internal wi-fi and bluetooth don't work.

Edited by thenightflyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you're still watching the thread ... can I ask what you folks use this setup for?

 

And verify that you really truly surely got everything working except native sleep, and the wireless connections native to the motherboard (but you have alternatives that do work)?  I am looking at building two of these and running Unix for work (with work money) but I am considering building another for home and trying to do a Hackintosh system for it.  Purpose is a huge amount of planetary image processing.

 

This is the build I was looking at: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6YGhHh  It primarily differs in the motherboard, which I was looking at because I don't need all the PCIE slots but need support for faster RAM and multiple M.2 slots.

Edited by astroguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, astroguy said:

If you're still watching the thread ... can I ask what you folks use this setup for?

 

And verify that you really truly surely got everything working except native sleep, and the wireless connections native to the motherboard (but you have alternatives that do work)?  I am looking at building two of these and running Unix for work (with work money) but I am considering building another for home and trying to do a Hackintosh system for it.  Purpose is a huge amount of planetary image processing.

 

This is the build I was looking at: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6YGhHh  It primarily differs in the motherboard, which I was looking at because I don't need all the PCIE slots but need support for faster RAM and multiple M.2 slots.

I use it as music workstation but i'm sure it's ok for your purposes too. I saw the build you were looking but i prefer Gigabyte Designarex to Asus Prime because it has a better VRM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thenightflyer said:

I use it as music workstation but i'm sure it's ok for your purposes too. I saw the build you were looking but i prefer Gigabyte Designarex to Asus Prime because it has a better VRM.

Thanks.  Looking up VRM ... okay, voltage regulator module.  As I do plan to overclock a bit (not something crazy like take a 3GHz up to 5, but more like see if I can get away with consistent 3.5-3.8 with all cores firing, since Turbo on 1 is 4.4 GHz), maybe this is something I need to pay attention to.  However, doing a search on NewEgg for compatible motherboards that also have Thunderbolt 3 capabilities leaves me at only one option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would any of you who got the i9-9980 chip working be willing to post your EFI folder?  After a lot of experimentation, I got macOS 10.14.4 to install, but it's very unstable, to the point of not being usable.  I suspect that I cobbled together too many fixes from various people so things are interfering with each other.

 

Edited: I got it working with 10.13.6.  Issue was 10.14.x has no support for NVIDIA anymore.

Edited by astroguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×