AGPM Injector kext generator app!!

Pavo
146 posts in this topic

Good work,
Any chance of a list of cards this is helpful with or is it helpful for anyone with a dGPU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of right now it will only work with any natively supported dGPU

is it conflict with whatevergreen.kext?

Whatevergreen handles AGDP not AGPM.

And what can we do if X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded?

Edit: Never mind, fixed. What should we look for after creating the kext?

Is EFI folder fine or S/L/E?

I have not tested it in S/L/E or L/E, only EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 3

IT displays below without generating this kext..what is difference?

QQ20190106-232412.png

AGPM can work by itself if you are using the correct SMBIOS and GPU combination. Most the time the AGPM settings are wrong though because most GPUs in real Macs are mobile GPUs. This AGPM kext injector generator app will generate a AGPM injector kext with the correct settings for discrete GPUs. Right now it only supports what SMBIOS AGPM supports natively but if there are use cases out there that the SMBIOS isn't listed in the app, I could use that feedback to update the app.

• Like 2

AGPM can work by itself if you are using the correct SMBIOS and GPU combination. Most the time the AGPM settings are wrong though because most GPUs in real Macs are mobile GPUs. This AGPM kext injector generator app will generate a AGPM injector kext with the correct settings for discrete GPUs. Right now it only supports what SMBIOS AGPM supports natively but if there are use cases out there that the SMBIOS isn't listed in the app, I could use that feedback to update the app.

hi,pavo,,,so in my case ,,there is no need to use this kext..right?

Its only for Mojave and not High Sierra?

It is actually OS version independent, the app will parse the System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext on the system you are running the app on and generate a injector kext for that version of the system. I have only tested it for HS and Mojave but theoretically it could work for older OSes also.

hi,pavo,,,so in my case ,,there is no need to use this kext..right?

Depends..... From your sig I see you are using 7700k CPU which means you should be using iMac18,3 SMBIOS. The AGPM settings for that SMBIOS have settings for both iGPU and GFX0. But the control-id for the GFX0 device is 17, which is for mobile GPUs. discrete GPUs should be using control-id 18. So in theory yes you should use this app to generate a injector kext to change the AGPM settings to use the right control-id.

• Like 1

No, your App shows error if started in HS. I buld it for 10.13 Deployment (uploaded HS Version  few post before).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-06 um 16.39.26.jpg

Will look into that, thanks for the feedback.

Depends..... From your sig I see you are using 7700k CPU which means you should be using iMac18,3 SMBIOS. The AGPM settings for that SMBIOS have settings for both iGPU and GFX0. But the control-id for the GFX0 device is 17, which is for mobile GPUs. discrete GPUs should be using control-id 18. So in theory yes you should use this app to generate a injector kext to change the AGPM settings to use the right control-id.

in my rig,,the control-id is 11...

CCC.png

in my rig,,the control-id is 11...

CCC.png

No, your control-id is 17 because hex converted to decimal is 0x11 hex = 17 decimal, 0x12 hex = 18 decimal

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

I tested now the generated .kext with my iMac 13,2.

kext seems only add / change the GFX0 AGPM part.

BUG: It deletes the IGPU AGPM part from the orig. .plist.

Pic  left side shows AGPM after using the kext = IGPU part is missing/deleted, rigth side before using the kext (original AppleGra..)

Workaround: I copied the IGPU part (for my iMac13,2 ) into the AGPM.kext :)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-06 um 17.18.22.jpg

• Like 1

Pic  left side shows AGPM after using the kext = IGPU part is missing/deleted, rigth side before using the kext (original AppleGra..)

the same issue as here

i have added this kext.now it display 12 hex....but the IGPU dont display.

1111111.png

Workaround: I copied the IGPU part (for my iMac13,2 ) into the AGPM.kext :)

The kext injector is only for dGPUs for right now. I will look into adding support for iGPU in the future.

• Like 2