Battery percentage

adamantinum

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

one of last issues occurred during the configuration of my laptop is about the battery percentage: I installed ACPIBatteryMemory kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and the battery icon is displayed, although it show always 0% if not in charging. Can I modify some parameters in the config.plist to make it working before I try to patch the DSDT?

Thank you in advance. :) 

Hello!

I would try the patch for the N.... Look in preview if the patches are being accepted and noone is rejected. Boot with the compiled DSDT.aml. Also AC fix could be needed. Before you patch your battery you should do mor common patches and save the aml or dsl files after you have instered a patch afer successfully compiling the next table. If the first mentioned patch is not working, try the one for the Rog laptops.

Have fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adamantinum said:

Thank you for your replies! Sadly I have to patch the DSDT. I disassembled the DSDT and the SSDTs, but I don't know what patch I have to apply. I suppose one of the two for ASUS laptop, but which? :unsure:

If you need help, attach your original ACPI tables an we can point you in the right direction. Kerp in mind that pre-existing patches might not be appropriate for your laptop.

Ok, thanks, I really need help! :P Here my ACPI! Since I have to patch the DSDT, I also need to add the patch for the I2C HID touchpad because the kexts don't work. 

In Maciasl I tryed to add the patch for N, but during compilation I received two "syntax error unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO" and a "syntax error unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File". I fix with the aggressive fix for PARSEOP_ZERO, but then I received a "syntax error PARSEOP_INTEGER". What can I do?.

Thank you again!

ACPI.zip

You first need to correct errors from your original DSDT. These errors occur when variables are called without doing anything to them. Often they are preceded by Return(...) which means an early exit from scope. As those lones won’t be accessed anyway, you can remove them.

I’ll take a look at you DSDT when i have some free time.

Edit:

This is your DSDT without errors (no patch added). Try with this.

DSDT.aml.zip

Edited by foskvs
Added DSDT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foskvs said:

You first need to correct errors from your original DSDT. These errors occur when variables are called without doing anything to them. Often they are preceded by Return(...) which means an early exit from scope. As those lones won’t be accessed anyway, you can remove them.

I’ll take a look at you DSDT when i have some free time.

Edit:

This is your DSDT without errors (no patch added). Try with this.

DSDT.aml.zip

Thank you very much! Now the battery indicator works! :thumbsup_anim:

About the touchpad I don't know which of the I2C patches is what I need for my HID...:no:

Last question: in ACPI/patched I have a SSDT to disable discrete graphic card, if I use the Clover to boot another system different from MacOS, will the discrete GPU work?