Semi Noob trying to install HS - Epic Fail - Please help

Masha24

40 posts in this topic

HIE Savage!

I'm back,  More stuff to do ... ok Report time:

So i got the screw drivers, and took the drive out of the other laptop, Tested it on my main machine, it was 100% ok, eraced it, put it in this laptop (the lenovo ideapad 110) and erased it again with GPT using a linux live USB just to be sure - Loaded up the mac installer using the previous clover you gave me to try it first.3

No go - same issue default_sad.png((((((

So i Remade the Sandisk cruzer 16gb USB - With the createInstallMedia method - installed the newest Clover (v47XX) loaded the new clover you gave me and tried that - Nope ... same issue as the first post - No Native mechanism to verify, Etc, Etc .

Then i tried a few of the other configurations i had before ( i have them all isolated and saved separately just in case ) - Nope, no go.

So i put the old drive back in - and tried everything again, including the newest one you gave me - default_sad.png  same ..

I also tried what you suggested to reset the bios to defaults, but the SGX thing still remains stuck on the "software controlled" setting.

I have at least established that i don't think it's the drive, i think the problem is with the hardware on this machine,

Perhaps related to the bios i updated as previously mentioned, or the chipset, orrr the Usb controller ... or .. well, really i'm stumped... default_sad.png

One way or another i think this will be a learning experience for the whole community, this being a common (Lenovo/Insyde/Intel/Realtek) based machine - i just don't see how it won't go ..... i'm even moRE motivated to figure it out because of this default_smile.png

I thank you so much for trying to figure this out with me, i'm really honored that you jumped to help me so quick!

I don't wan't to take too much of your time, maybe this is annoying for you, if there is some way i could repay you by doing some graphical work for you, i will without hesitation default_smile.png

I know ultimately it would be a lot easier for you to have this machine there with you to do it, but is there any possible way to do some kind of hardware diagnostic dump using Linux, or some other method with clover or oherwise, that can give you some insight into the specific hardware in this machine?  I've heard of such things, but that sounds way over my head ..LOL ..

Either way, i think it would be great for everyone to learn why it won't work with such a common set of hardware - maybe i did something wrong with the bios update or ...... something ... and HAh' people would then be able to learn what NOT to do ..... i dunno'

Thank you for you time Mr Savage default_smile.png

Your very welcome, I too am also at a dead end but I intend to keep researching.

It’s just a laptop, I’ll review your specs and see what I can come with. We just need to get it to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don’t think you mentioned trying Mojave? If not give that a shot, on newer hardware it should be fine......I hope.

hey :)

Yea this is kinda silly, i've been at this laptop for ..wow 6 months!! ..OMG i didn't even realize ...LOL

Funny too cuz i tried really hard to read everything, and learn all i could, i have a big art book with at least 40 full pages of notes and little charts too  ..hah

I really wanted to try to figure it all out myself ... but ... WOW ..man i was wrong ...lol

update -  i got Mojave finally!.. 'see if this works any better ....

I tried a bunch of different configurations tonight,  i read a bunch of different sites.. but i cant seem to get it show the installer screen :(

I can get it to load through the verbose, but right when the installer GUI should pop up - it just goes black ( backlight still on ) - and It just hangs

could that be a graphics issue of some kind?

Are there any different patches for mojave that are different from high sierra?

Yes i do :)

after trying it a few times, i got all new kexts and drivers from the usual places on git hub

tried it a few times and .. nuuupe

i tried to read a few sites about "mojave back screen installer" ..and tried searching for stuff ...but i could't find anything direct

what it seems like is - it loads relatively normal, then when the installer screen SHOULD show up, the screen just doesn't show the GUI.

Like maybe it's there in actuality, but instead what i'm seeing is just a black screen ... orrr more like just an extremely dark/black screen. but the back-light is still on....

maybe you have a suggested clover config or something i could try?

are there any significant differences in the clover settings? - like, all i know of is the port limit patch is different right?

I think we need to inject your platform id in clover > devices > properties. Need to have a look at the thread about Intel Framebuffer patching with whatevergreen to see which device id etc you need.

When you get the black screen have you tried using your brightness keys?

Try attached config.

Then repost the clover folder your using.

config.plist

Edited by SavageAUS

Heyyyy

Alrighty i tried the new config you posted, but no go, It makes it close to the end of the verbose, but then resets.

I tried several different configs from different sites, different tutorials close to this machine - with i5 7200u and HD620 graphics - i tried reading into them to see what i might be missing, also i tried reading guides specific to mojave, Its newer so it's trickier to find info close to this machine .... and unfortunately i don't have any basis to follow over from another working edition like HS :( pooo

I tried seeing if i could get any brightness functions to work, nope ... i hit every key Function, then all the other letters and numbers just to check with the Fn key pressed ...

Ok so what i'm uploading now is the version of clover i was last trying before*, which allows me to get to the black screen (other configs/kexts/driver combinations just reset) - so i think this newest kinda-setback must be related to the DVMT pre allocation ... and the correct ig-platform-id thing /

... errrr  yea  lol  ..i'm guessing.  maybe something else is glitching

This clover contains the newest kexts and drivers i could find, you'll notice the names of some of them have changed a bit - a few of them have been consolidated i think, like the SATA controller one ..... i think because they were several different ones before.  i hope that didn't potentially add some other glitches ... but i don't think so, they are Really good at testing stuff

Thank you for looking for me :)

CLOVER_Masha_nov.zip

Heyyyy

Alrighty i tried the new config you posted, but no go, It makes it close to the end of the verbose, but then resets.

I tried several different configs from different sites, different tutorials close to this machine - with i5 7200u and HD620 graphics - i tried reading into them to see what i might be missing, also i tried reading guides specific to mojave, Its newer so it's trickier to find info close to this machine .... and unfortunately i don't have any basis to follow over from another working edition like HS :( pooo

I tried seeing if i could get any brightness functions to work, nope ... i hit every key Function, then all the other letters and numbers just to check with the Fn key pressed ...

Ok so what i'm uploading now is the version of clover i was last trying before*, which allows me to get to the black screen (other configs/kexts/driver combinations just reset) - so i think this newest kinda-setback must be related to the DVMT pre allocation ... and the correct ig-platform-id thing /

This clover contains the newest kexts and drivers i could find, you'll notice the names of some of them have changed a bit - a few of them have been consolidated i think, like the SATA controller one ..... i think because they were several different ones before.  i hope that didn't potentially add some other glitches ... but i don't think so, they are Really good at testing stuff

CLOVER_Masha_nov.zip

I’ll take a look when I can and maybe pass it along to some others to see if we can get some more help.

5 hours ago, Masha24 said:

Heyyyy

CLOVER_Masha_nov.zip

What is your DVMT set at in bios?

You can give this one a try, back up your "good" one.

config.plist

OHHH thank you! AWESOME :)  ..yes i'm sure you know great people in the community!

maybe there is someone who has specific experience with this kind of error, i'm getting the feeling this is unfortunately something quite unique.  even though, like i was saying, this is the same-old classic hardware as a million other hackintosh laptops ... i don't think Lenovo reinvented the wheel with this one .. yu'know ... bluhh ..lol   but who knows ... maybe they mixed some kind of different chips on this board, because that was in their parts bin - like a different controller chip and a different USB/PCI bridge ... errrr whatever ..

The DVMT in this machine doesn't have a setting, at least i don't see it anywhere, another mode? - you can see in the Bios pictures i uploaded here, it's a lower end Insyde bios with just basic stuff :(

I WILL try this new config right now and report back

Also i have a question, what plist editor do you use?, i've been using Clover Configurator - is that ok to use?

OHHH thank you! AWESOME   ..yes i'm sure you know great people in the community!

maybe there is someone who has specific experience with this kind of error, i'm getting the feeling this is unfortunately something quite unique.  even though, like i was saying, this is the same-old classic hardware as a million other hackintosh laptops ... i don't think Lenovo reinvented the wheel with this one .. yu'know ... bluhh ..lol   but who knows ... maybe they mixed some kind of different chips on this board, because that was in their parts bin - like a different controller chip and a different USB/PCI bridge ... errrr whatever ..

The DVMT in this machine doesn't have a setting, at least i don't see it anywhere, another mode? - you can see in the Bios pictures i uploaded here, it's a lower end Insyde bios with just basic stuff

I WILL try this new config right now and report back

Also i have a question, what plist editor do you use?, i've been using Clover Configurator - is that ok to use?

Clover Configurator is ok to use but the preferred method is to open your config with Xcode and make the changes manually which isn’t hard if you use Clover Configurator as a learning tool. If you make changes then check the text mode section you will see in text what you have done.

yea i read about xcode a bunch of times, i'll get it when i can :)

but yea, no dvmt setting ... i think it's ok because the configuration we had before was allowing me into the installer gui - it's just something is acting weird now ... i'm going to flush out and completely get aLL new stuff - new clover/CC/kexts/drivers/etc. and try to work out a new config from scratch! just to absolutly sure i didn't do something wrong.

either way, it's something different, a little backwards ..lol ...but different ... kinda refreshing .....lol  a blank screen is at least different than NO NATIVE MECHANISM TO FREAKING VERIFY .... AAHHhh ... LOL

i tried the new config.plist you gave me - nuuuupe ...same same ...it stops at the black screen ... i'm going to start from scratch again just to be sure.

i wonder if there is a way to take a look at the output of the SSDT DSDT without being within the MacOS GUI ... like ... if i'm getting how it works correctly - I'm thinking if there is a way to work-out what the bios reports are the interfaces between the parts, maybe it will reveal where there is some kind of miscommunication?  ---  how is it that i can run Windows and Linux on the machine just fine - but macOS refuses to even install?

it must be a combination of settings in clover that is rarely used ...

• 3 weeks later...