Semi Noob trying to install HS - Epic Fail - Please help

Masha24

40 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've been lurking in the shadows for months trying to learn how to hackintosh this laptop.  Perhaps if anyone has the time, I could use some help getting it to install  :)

Trying to install High Sierra on this Laptop:

Lenovo Ideapad 110-171KB-80VK (2017)

Intel Core i5 7200U

Intel HD 620 Graphics

Resolution: 1600x900

Elan PS2 Track Pad - [ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0675 - system device -PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_383117AA&REV_21]

Realtek Network    - [PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_383317AA&REV_07]

Realtech audio

SATA Controller    - [PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_382F17AA&REV_21]

USB 3.0 XHC        - [PCI\VEN_808

--- Using Clover *

--- I'll attach it below.

I can't quite get it to install, and i've been going in circles for months now ...

I'll attach everything I have so far including, verbose pics, clover preboot, Clover folder, etc.

Here are some photos of the verbose text leading up to the installer, if maybe there is something useful in here?

verbz-boot5.thumb.jpg.bafab8f7a05a028e7c6d3c4458e9ce9f.jpgverbz-boot6.thumb.jpg.e0f2ba43eb673ef9c0897be6a9296bee.jpgverbz-boot7.thumb.jpg.452513d27bfc6a96e6d22fb1a4bed772.jpg

And now photos of the installer

DisUtil-outputpage-1.thumb.jpg.e6881c8410ced09df059fa09acdaa460.jpg

Log-new03.thumb.jpg.e5f1c4d149b195b1fb97ed8322473546.jpg

Above is an image of the Installer log, (the main pop up window loads from about 10 mins and stops arbitrarily at 2 minutes left, every time) of the nearly hundred attempts i have made, this is the final screen i get, pretty much no matter what i do.

Sometimes the the order of what it says is different , but the main things of interest are:

"Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended journaled."

"Warning: Couldn't find Board ID, Chip ID, & ECID in new namespace, falling back"

"Unable to get fs for null"

" NO native mechanism to verify Applediagnostics.chunklist"

" NO native mechanism to verify Installfa.plist"

" NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.dmg"

" NO native mechanism to verify AppleDiagnostics.dmg"

" NO native mechanism to verify InstallESD.dmg"

" NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.chumklist"

I have tried many many ... many .. different combinations of kexts, drivers, copies of clover, forks of clover - different copies of drivers and kexts from different sources.. including from all the official repositories.

* I am not trying to install with APFS - the drive i am using is a spinning HDD - so i don't understand the first line quote above.

* I am using a usb2 slot - there is only two on this machine - 1- usb2 and 1- usb3

* As you'll see in the Clover folder i'm using APFSdriverloader. - so the installer should detect the installer-APFS-thing - and see it should be HFS+ ?? no?

I'll detail the procedures:

I wiped the Target HDD drive with a live linux USB.

i prepair the USB with Createinstallmedia method, install clover to the EFI on usb, load kexts and drivers (I've been recently attempting with the Plist from a 'certain other site' Ton*****86) As it has the dvmt preallocation patch and other bits - i'm of course open to ANY other files/pLists .. this is just the one i've been experimenting with lately.)

Add ' -v ' in clover options to see the verbose output

in the installer (acts sketchy sorta, delayed and sluggish) i use DiskUtility to erase the drive 'Macos extended journaled'

Make initial selections, agree to license and begin install.

it proceeds to 2 minutes left every time, and hangs. many times i've left it for hours, and even overnight.

I'm honestly not kidding, it's nearly 100 times ive' tried this, i've downloaded high sierra from the app store 5 times to rule out that, i've used countless combinations of everything .. i'm almost completely burned out.

If anyone can shed some light i'll be VERY thankful!... I'm ready to go in a completely new direction...please please please help :)

I'll put the Clover in the next post because i ran out of space in this one......

Here is the latest clover i've been using, with the preboot, and DSDT/SSDT (F2 & F4) in it.

CLOVER-Oct15.zip

Thank you very much for ANY help you can provide :)

I’ll take a look at your clover folder when I can, make sure your using the latest kexts available but only use what you think you need to boot. Keyboard, mouse and fakesmc/virtualsmc. Remove FileVault drivers if not using FileVault. Yes RehabMan has a good selection of plists to choose from like this one

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist and

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ohhh thank you thank you thank you! :)

Yes i believe i've done just as you described, I've been reading endlessly how to do all this, but i'm just stumped now :help:

i'm not too interested in file vault. (mehh)

I have indeed used the '620' version of one of his pLists ! - this is a kaby lake cpu and i think it has 'native' support.

As you'll see in the clover, i only have what i think is needed to perform the install.

I'm pretty sure i'll need a special kext for my E-lan track pad.

not even going to bother with WIFI - i'll just use network.

I'll make my best attempt at working out DSDT/SSDT - I've read a bunch about how to do that.

I think i'll have to figure out a couple hot-patches to iron out the last few things - But i'm HYPED!

THANK YOU for responding so fast :)

I haven’t had time to look at your EFI yet sorry but I will say to not worry too much about your DSDT and SSDT’s until after you have had a successful install.
For your touchpad you could try ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext (I think that’s what it’s called) that’s what I use and I think I have Elan as well.

EDIT: Try the clover folder attached as it is. Make sure you have a spare USB with your current one on it just in sace.

CLOVER-Masha24.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

HI Savage!

Ok i just tried your clover, this is what i got:

Before this one is the  ' +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ '  Intro screen, then it redraws and Very quickly drops all this text, i tried a few times to get pics of the beginning, but many were blurred because it moves so fast ... if you would like something in any of these spots i can try even harder to get it :)

Masha-log-A1.thumb.jpg.7ef8ea492979230fc9aa1d322366e13f.jpg

Masha-log-A2.thumb.jpg.c314bac4213fb8508339e336adfa40a9.jpg

Some of that text in the beginning i haven't seen before, hopefully you can make it out  sorry

Masha-log-A3.thumb.jpg.a31662b1cd25158c3f1b1ab670501739.jpg

Masha-log-A4.thumb.jpg.b7f2cfe1c6ed7c2c1efd08f24ed66fed.jpg

Masha-log-A5.thumb.jpg.0b8d9e96d68b943a07dd4c78a3d4d568.jpg

This last pic was the hardest to grab, it runs off the bottom of the screen in a fraction of a second, you can see the frame ghosting ..lol

I took a look at the Drivers64 folder,

do you think the reason it wouldn't go into the 'installer' screen is because it needs the 'HFSPlus.efi' driver?

errrr .... maybe .. you know what ... actually i have no idea ..hahha, i'm at your mercy :P  I'm so enamored i'll try anything ....

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me!!

i'm bouncing in my chair :)

13 minutes ago, Masha24 said:
HI Savage!

Ok i just tried your clover, this is what i got:

Before this one is the  ' +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ '  Intro screen, then it redraws and Very quickly drops all this text, i tried a few times to get pics of the beginning, but many were blurred because it moves so fast ... if you would like something in any of these spots i can try even harder to get it :)

Try this config.plist.

config.plist

Edited by SavageAUS

YES I CAN! ...

yup, i think i have it in my notes, it's like 5916 ...aaaaaand ..

ok i'll look for it :

is it the one where i should put in the 'Real' ig-platform-id - or a 'Fake' --> 12345678 ??

OR

the 'com.apple framebuffer ... bla bla bla' " Patch" ... like 'Find' and 'Replace' Hex patch for 32MB ??

Ok got it, i'm gonna try it

The newest system I have is a skylake desktop, my laptop is haswell, so this is all learning for me as well but I’ll do my best to help.

Also why not try 10.14 Mojave?

I have a skylake system too!, it's for doing graphics, tooootally pimped out ..lol .. 64gb 3000mhz ram, samsung 950's and EK watercooled @4.7 ghz .. HAHAHA .. yeaaaa i know i'm a nerd, my brother built it for me, it's my prized work horse :) .. i would like to make it hackintosh too .... but that will be down the road.. i need to get another SSD for it ..... but first i wanna try to do this laptop (crosses fingers) ...  when i get there i'll for sure ask you about it if i need help ;)

As for the mojave, i want to do that too, but i'm fearing that the old sound card and the wacom tablet i have wont be compatible with anything over el capitan, they have stopped making drivers for them :((((( ... they are older but still awesome! ... i cant really afford to buy new stuff right now, so i'm hoping at least High sierra will be compatible ... but i fear i would be pushing it with mojave  .... regardless i think i'll try it after i get HS working ... have to just wait and see :/

OK!

so i just tried your new config twice to make sure i didnt make a mistake loading it to the efi - had to clean up some clutter on my desktop ..lol

and this is what i got - i was able to get a better pic of the end this time ... if there is any particular spot in the verbose you think may be useful, i'll grab it ...

Masha-log-A6.thumb.jpg.7676c011849830bc444989e6cd839498.jpg

9 minutes ago, Masha24 said:

I have a skylake system too!, it's for doing graphics, tooootally pimped out ..lol .. 64gb 3000mhz ram, samsung 950's and EK watercooled @4.7 ghz .. HAHAHA .. yeaaaa i know i'm a nerd, my brother built it for me, it's my prized work horse :) .. i would like to make it hackintosh too .... but that will be down the road.. i need to get another SSD for it ..... but first i wanna try to do this laptop (crosses fingers) ...  when i get there i'll for sure ask you about it if i need help ;)

As for the mojave, i want to do that too, but i'm fearing that the old sound card and the wacom tablet i have wont be compatible with anything over el capitan, they have stopped making drivers for them :((((( ... they are older but still awesome! ... i cant really afford to buy new stuff right now, so i'm hoping at least High sierra will be compatible ... but i fear i would be pushing it with mojave  .... regardless i think i'll try it after i get HS working ... have to just wait and see :/

OK!

so i just tried your new config twice to make sure i didnt make a mistake loading it to the efi - had to clean up some clutter on my desktop ..lol

and this is what i got - i was able to get a better pic of the end this time ... if there is any particular spot in the verbose you think may be useful, i'll grab it ...

Masha-log-A6.thumb.jpg.7676c011849830bc444989e6cd839498.jpg

I believe it should be something simple but i am unsure as to what yet.

Try this next config and let me know.

config.plist

Mojave runs great on both my hacks.

Edited by SavageAUS

Hieee

ok i had to go out for a bit, i tried the new plist and it was successful in going into the macOS installer now.

i tried to erase the partition with disk utility, but it hung up while it was doing it, and i had to go to shutdown/reset

i started it again, got into the installer, and this time i just went strait to 'install macOS' but unfortunately the same scenario happened again - it loaded untill 2 mins remaining, and inside the installer Log it displayed the same output as my first post :/ ..lol ...The output is exactly the same as in the last image

hummmm, there's a few things i was thinking it could be ... maybe i need to modify something ... errrr i dunno' .. really, all i can see is it may be something to do with usb - or - SATA .. orrrr like chipset detecting sOmmmething ... hummm

maybe there's a way to just bypass the verification of the chunks or whatever - but then it also says the other stuff, like 'no fs for null' and no chip ID .... well, all the stuff i typed out in the first post at the end.

anyway, just thinkin'

Hieee
ok i had to go out for a bit, i tried the new plist and it was successful in going into the macOS installer now.

i tried to erase the partition with disk utility, but it hung up while it was doing it, and i had to go to shutdown/reset

i started it again, got into the installer, and this time i just went strait to 'install macOS' but unfortunately the same scenario happened again - it loaded untill 2 mins remaining, and inside the installer Log it displayed the same output as my first post :/ ..lol ...The output is exactly the same as in the last image

hummmm, there's a few things i was thinking it could be ... maybe i need to modify something ... errrr i dunno' .. really, all i can see is it may be something to do with usb - or - SATA .. orrrr like chipset detecting sOmmmething ... hummm

maybe there's a way to just bypass the verification of the chunks or whatever - but then it also says the other stuff, like 'no fs for null' and no chip ID .... well, all the stuff i typed out in the first post at the end.

anyway, just thinkin'

Well now that we’re reaching the installer you could try adding back your sata kext as I removed it in my clover folder. Just what ever you do, only change 1 thing at a time that way it’s easier to undo and keep track of what you do.

Mr Savage, I have updates! :)

Ok, i took your advice and one by one tried to add the kexts and drivers back in, this is my report:

I put in the " SATA-100-Series-unsupported.kext" and Right away it started letting me use Disk Utility! - i erased the drive as usual, and then went to 'Install macOS' - no go :( .. same thing, went to 2 mins left and hung, with the same output in the installer log.

But! - for sure that confirms that i definitely have the 9Dxx SATA controller ... so thats something. :)

- I'm keeping in the SATA-100 kext now.

- I put in "SMChelper.efi" - no change, Disk utiltiy not working, [removed.]

- I put in "XHCI-200-series-injector.kext" - no change, made track pad vERy sketchy to use, [removed] (not using USB3 to install anyway)

- I put in "DataHubDxe-64.efi" - no change in the installer log, same problem [removed.]

So i'm looking at the other ones i had before (which i'm not so sure i was right in my selections anyway ..lol) and the 'PartitionDxe-64.efi' i only had that one because it was suggested on the clover wiki website ... sooooo ... yea.... the other ones i'm not sure if they will make a difference ... i'll try the 'AptioInputFix-64.efi' next now ... but all i've read is that the 'AptioMemoryFix.efi' is the one you should have.... i was just trying everything .... like a crazy girl ... 

So, i guess i'm in your hands now ...lol ... i officially have no idea where to go next... :frantics:

Ohhh one last thing, the Last config ^^ (not the simple/generic one, the one above it) wouldn't download from here ? .. i guess something happened. it just goes to a page and says 404 .... i'll try again in a bit ..

Thank you so much for helping me :star_smile:

Edited by Masha24
I just tried the download again now - Config.plist Download worked from your other post ! ..i'll try it now.

I’ll see if I can get the config again and re upload it if you can’t get it.
Some of those drivers you have are for FileVault like the aptioinput. I suspect it’s a config problem somewhere. But for it to only stall right at the end puzzles me. I’ll try do some research and get back to you. But yeah keep posting updates, feel free to make changes and see how you go.

hey!

yupperz! i'm testing different stuff .. i really wana figure this out

yea i figured the aptioinputfix driver was for filevault ... but ... yea, i'm trying everything now ...hahaha

I got the new config.plist you posted! - i tried it again and it downloaded, there must have been some glitch

but it unfortunetly didn't work .. it had what seemed to be the video pre allocation problem ... like a kernel panic at the end of the verbose - before the installer*.

but hey! ..ok i messed around with a video clip of the verbose log, and i think i got something for you!

it's bad, i know, i tried to fit the bit-rate to be under 10mb for this site to upload.

it's blurry when it moves, but if you pause it, or go fame-by-frame, you can see everything i do

let me know if anything looks interesting, i'll try to get a better pic or something:

You should download it and use something to go frame by frame, like VLC, if it's too crazy to see here.

So to clarify:

This is the 3rd Config.plist you gave me [not the newest one i downloaded just now, from your post ...uhh 2 posts ago]

This one allows me to get into the installer.

The only thing i added to the clover you gave me is "SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext" - all the other drivers/kexts are removed as of the making of this video.

some things that look interesting:

- The UUID right at the beginning " Root device uuid is '233FBECE-2985-34C0...' " .. i wonder if it's right ..like wow ..i don't even know where to look for that ... just shootin' ideas

- right at about 2 seconds - so aprox frame 59 it sorta blurry says -

" VirtualSMC: __x__ failed to find valid status ___x__ VirtualSMC EFI module is broken "  --- don't know if that matters..

- One of the lines says " STD :: OS X version 10.13.7 " - i thought it was 10.13.6 ? ... they made a newer one ? .. err .. uhhh

- It says "NTFS-fs error____x__"  --- this i'm guessing is because i used an image from a backup to reflash the drive a few days ago, i'm using this machine to talk with you, cuz my other laptop crapped out :( .. BUT i would like to mention, 90% of all the testing/attempts i've done before coming to this site, was on this drive the way it is now, then i erased the drive bare, and did about a month of testing -- now it's back the way it was before ...  i believe i've prepared this drive (with a 330GB partition) to properly install macos .. i deleted the MSR between the EFI and the first partition - because i have read that the MSR can cause problems, so that's gone.  ALSO, the EFI is 260mb factory - so there shouldn't be issues with it's size. 

Anyway, i'm just throwing out ideas... hopefully i'm not rambling ..LOL ..sorry.

maybe the video will help :)

hey

ok i tried removing the 3 SMC things, and put in fakeSMC aaaand unfortunetly it didn't change :/

poo whats wrong with this thing!? ... everywhere i read its not so hard... maybe it's broken somehow

ohh, The FakeSMC.kext.zip you left above would only open as an exec file with a little black terminal icon ... i tried a few times ... i had a copy of it from before so i used that ... is it a unique/special one? orrrr... i just didn't open it right maybe (i used an old mac book pro 4,1)

ummmm .. ok .. well i'm going to totally redo the USB chip again, get the newest copy of clover, and put your clover over top again because maybe something happened and it's corrupt ... however i fear not .... i've been having this prob since the beginning of the summer .... strange though, cuz it's a lenovo, and it's kinda common ......

..i have a few random ideas i've collected from reading endlessly about this .. like *DropTables ...maybe something is acting up in the bios/SSDT ... although that might be stretch ... ummm a few other things..

is there anything else i could give you that may help .. like a dump of something or a diagnostic log of some sort?

Do you have another hard drive you can put on the laptop to test? One with no other operating system on it?

Nah it wasnt a special FakeSMC, just one that i use.

Before trying a different hard drive (if possible) try adding these 2 kexts into the kexts/10.14/13 folder.

Oh wait were not doing 10.14 are we? Well maybe if you need to recreate the USB then get 10.14 and latest clover.

Archive.zip

Or just try this entire clover folder, make a backup if needed first.

CLOVER-Masha24.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

Hi Savage, sorry i didn't reply sooner, i had to go away for a few days :)

Ok, So i prepared pictures of the bios for you here:

Masha_Bios-1.thumb.jpg.9a237bea61cb2442ae2c865dd301ddd9.jpg

Masha_Bios-2.thumb.jpg.f9fd7d84ff5dc363313c9983be293891.jpg

Masha_Bios-3.thumb.jpg.79ca8ceb88a743abc1b5d7ae1a2cddfc.jpg

Masha_Bios-4.thumb.jpg.1105b1145b89e1a09835f7f6454d13ff.jpg

Masha_Bios-5.thumb.jpg.d0567b81cc724293aab79ee6137af6ea.jpg

sorry about the picture quality, i tried to enhance it a bit, this is a lower quality TN panel .. i'm hoping i can find a suitable replacement IPS.

***  This is the 5 different pages of the Bios, These settings i have had the same since the beginning of the summer.

I hid a few things on the first image just in case some other people can learn from this thread, if you need something i can give it to you privately :)

Hopefully everything is right.

I have a question though, the ' Intel SGX --- Software controlled ' Setting. - This is the only selection that it stays on, after updating the bios (prior to attempting to install OSX) To the version you will see on the first image ' 3QCN20WW ' from an earlier version, if i attempt to set it to 'Enabled' or 'Disabled' Just switching the bios page left or right - it returns back to 'Software Controlled' automatically.  Is this normal now?  In other words, i do not have control of this setting.

I have Boot Legacy active, but UEFI Predominance.

I have Wifi disabled because i use Ethernet anyway.

etc.

- Your other questions:

1.  I believe i do have another drive i could try - another 1TB 2.5in HDD in another laptop that went poop - but i believe the drive itself it still fine. - I will take it out and put it in this machine to try it.  [ But i will have to find small screwdrivers tomorrow, because i'm not at home for a number of months, and i have limited stuff here .... but i'll figure it out forsure :) ]

2.  I would like to just try the new mojave osx - maybe there is something not agreeing with HS on this machine.  I only have an older MBP 4,1 from 2008 with me to get on the apple store - and it won't let me download mojave, no matter what i do! :(  ... i have read somewhere on here there are some ways to get it without the store - do you know of a way?  --- i would use my mac but apple likes making things complicated sometimes ... guhhhhh

3.  One last thing, I just downloaded the 2 files you left for me to try on saturday, I will try it when i wake up tomorrow, Thank you :))))

but I think i'm going to just try Mojave anyway if i can get it.

Thank you for your help  :)

No issues at all, yeah I’m not sure what intel sgx is either. Maybe try resetting to factory defaults and then try changing it? Other than that everything else looks fine.
I think the best course of action is a different hdd unless the new files I sent work (fingers crossed) or maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

HIE Savage!

I'm back,  More stuff to do ... ok Report time:

So i got the screw drivers, and took the drive out of the other laptop, Tested it on my main machine, it was 100% ok, eraced it, put it in this laptop (the lenovo ideapad 110) and erased it again with GPT using a linux live USB just to be sure - Loaded up the mac installer using the previous clover you gave me to try it first.3

No go - same issue :(((((((

So i Remade the Sandisk cruzer 16gb USB - With the createInstallMedia method - installed the newest Clover (v47XX) loaded the new clover you gave me and tried that - Nope ... same issue as the first post - No Native mechanism to verify, Etc, Etc .

Then i tried a few of the other configurations i had before ( i have them all isolated and saved separately just in case ) - Nope, no go.

So i put the old drive back in - and tried everything again, including the newest one you gave me - :(  same ..

I also tried what you suggested to reset the bios to defaults, but the SGX thing still remains stuck on the "software controlled" setting.

I have at least established that i don't think it's the drive, i think the problem is with the hardware on this machine,

Perhaps related to the bios i updated as previously mentioned, or the chipset, orrr the Usb controller ... or .. well, really i'm stumped... :(

One way or another i think this will be a learning experience for the whole community, this being a common (Lenovo/Insyde/Intel/Realtek) based machine - i just don't see how it won't go ..... i'm even moRE motivated to figure it out because of this :)

I thank you so much for trying to figure this out with me, i'm really honored that you jumped to help me so quick!

I don't wan't to take too much of your time, maybe this is annoying for you, if there is some way i could repay you by doing some graphical work for you, i will without hesitation :)

I know ultimately it would be a lot easier for you to have this machine there with you to do it, but is there any possible way to do some kind of hardware diagnostic dump using Linux, or some other method with clover or oherwise, that can give you some insight into the specific hardware in this machine?  I've heard of such things, but that sounds way over my head ..LOL ..

Either way, i think it would be great for everyone to learn why it won't work with such a common set of hardware - maybe i did something wrong with the bios update or ...... something ... and HAh' people would then be able to learn what NOT to do ..... i dunno'

Thank you for you time Mr Savage :)