Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Intel i7 8700k (no OC)

SAPPHIRE RX580 NITRO+ SPECIAL EDITION
Corsair 16Gb 2133Mhz
Kingston SSD 240
LG 27UK850 4K
Latest Clover

Kexts: Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, IntelMausi, AppleALC

So my problem is that UI is not as smooth as it should be. Some animations(window switching, dock icon floating, finder scrolling, etc) looks like they are 20fps instead of 60fps.
Here comes weirdest thing:
Selecting area feels jerky UNLESS I have Siri opened. Or Open Broadcast Software. Or CleanMyMac.
This screen shot was taken from a screen recording video. I can upload this video if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

lag.thumb.png.b7ea44ceefe2280737afaac6176868dc.png

Geekbench shows 151k for OpenCL and 146k for Metal.

Games work fine.

What should I look into?

config.plist

Edited by tidesofdark
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Allan said:

@MaLd0n has the same hardware as you.

Maybe he can give a help to you ;)

I hope so!

Some ppl at applelife.ru do have same hardware and they tried to help me. Unfortunately no luck.

Btw it's sapphire rx 580 nitro+ special edition.

I wonder how it worked just fine on high sierra.

My high sierra build migrated from msi z170 mobo to one im using right now and everything was fine.

Of course i tried installing Mojave multiple times/different methods, tried many clover options. Someone at applelife.ru even fixed dsdt for me but still no success.

3 minutes ago, Allan said:

Are you using the last version of High Sierra?

I'm using Mojave.

I was using latest High Sierra before installing fresh Mojave multiple times.

What I'm saying is that i had z170 mobo and High Sierra then upgraded mobo and cpu and everything was fine.

Installing Mojave caused these weird things to appear

3 hours ago, tidesofdark said:
  Reveal hidden contents

160790615_Screenshot2018-10-03at08_39_10.thumb.png.b33a5990a67ae418a627107a596d945d.png

OK so vsync is the culprit.

Turning it off solves UI lags.

However I still have no solution, keeping quartz debug running all the time is {censored}

How do you get this window? I would like to try as well.

If your not using FV2 then you can get rid of half your UEFI drivers which may be causing lag. I believe over in the clover thread you can find out which drivers are for which or build the latest clover which has them in seperate sub menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

If your not using FV2 then you can get rid of half your UEFI drivers which may be causing lag. I believe over in the clover thread you can find out which drivers are for which or build the latest clover which has them in seperate sub menus.

K so tried removing all Apple* drivers as well as few other drivers - no luck.

Btw you know how you get apple progress bar then having black screen for GPU init and then progress bar continues?

So I can notice how framerate is fine during first progress bar and then becomes jerky once GPU is initialized(after black screen).

Strange. Can you show your kext and drivers folder now? I can’t look at your config.plist now but if you upload it (serials removed) maybe someone can spot something wrong.

7 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Strange. Can you show your kext and drivers folder now? I can’t look at your config.plist now but if you upload it (serials removed) maybe someone can spot something wrong.

Sure.

I really wonder what went wrong.

You know if you google mojave v-sync you can find some mentions of related problems. Though they are opengl-related. For example v-sync doesn't work anymore for GLFW (opengl framework) under Mojave.

As far as I know Mojave is full-Metal right now, how the heck clicking on Siri would fix this v-sync issue?

I really need to test other monitor with my setup too but can't at the moment.

Attachments:

Spoiler

Edited by tidesofdark

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Try deleting EmuVariable. You shouldn’t need that and AptioMemory.

And what is the AppleDataSetManagement kext for?

Removed AppleDataSetManagement and EmuVariable - no luck.

Removing AptioMemory won't allow me to boot. First MemoryFix driver works the same as AptioMemory for me.

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Well I’m at a loss until I can take a look at your config.plist sorry. I’ll post back if I have anymore ideas or get a chance to look at it.

OK thank you.

Btw do you have InjectIntel enabled?

I'm kinda concerned about this one as my intel UHD 630 won't show up in system report if i don't use this flag.

Sadly toggling it doesn't fix my issue.