AirPortAtheros40 kext from 10.13.6 request

Crabhunter

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I need a kext from High Sierra 10.13.6

It's AirPortAtheros40 and it's inside IO80211Family.kext in /S/L/E

I need it to get my wireless working in Mojave and I only have Sierra installed so I don't have access to the 10.13.6 version.

If someone could post it up I'd be very grateful.

Mike 

1 hour ago, WinstonAce said:

You don't need to put it inside ionetworking kext, just put it in system/library

The kext is signed, no need to disable sip.

If @Crabhunter modified the IO80211Family.kext by adding the AirPortAtheros40.kext into the Plugins folder it will make the kexts unsigned and therefore the SIP will prevent the kext from being loaded by macOS. Right?

4 minutes ago, WinstonAce said:

That's why I said put it /s/l/ and not inside another kext. Confirmed working with sip fully enabled.

The installer does exactly the same thing as I described in the details but based on the error crabhunter posted there are bunch of unsigned kext files inside /S/L/E so disabling SIP and rebuilding the system caches can resolve the issue (the errors in the picture).

1 minute ago, WinstonAce said:

Don't know about installer, manually putting the kext inside /s/l/e and touching the folder the rebulild cache works with SIP.

yup, I was doing the same thing after few betas and DPs I just got tired of doing it so I created the installer to do it by running the installer, I'm lazy like that :D