Renegade

Roccat mouse won't work after wake from sleep

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My  current build is working flawlessly under High Sierra except for one thing : my Roccat Kone EMP mouse won't work after waking up from sleep. I have to disconnect/reconnect it to get it to work again.
Other mice (less sophisticated) do work upon wake.

However , the Roccat mouse doesn't have any issue under Windows 10 or on an iMac running SL 10.6.3 . I wish I could try under Sierra ...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Here are my build details and a backup from the ioreg:

Mobo: ASRock Z370 ExtremePro4 - CPU: i7-8700k - RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 - GPU: NVidia GTX1080 - SSD: Crucial M4 512GB

Kexts used:

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

i7-8700k OSX.ioreg.zip

Advertisement

I have the exact same issue! I have just bought a Roccat Kone EMP and after wake from sleep the mouse doesn't work. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G65).

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC v1.1 rev1.1 (BIOS: F7)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz LGA1150 (Haswell)

GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 770 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III

Monitor: ASUS VX229H IPS

Keyboard: iKBC New Poker 2

Mouse: Roccat Kone EMP

I will attach my CLOVER folder and my ioreg file

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

CLOVER.zip

Leonardo’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Edited by LeoVanex

@Renegade I have found the issue! You have to disable or set to SBPLL an option in BIOS settings called "CPU PLL Selection" or "CPU PLL overvoltage". After that, save and reboot! Test if it works ;)

IMG_20180901_154530.jpg

@LeoVanex

Thanks for helping. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

Sadly for me, we have very different builds, I use a Coffee Lake cpu running with a Z370 chipset.

To the best of my knowledge , the Z370 chipset doesn't allow tweating the PLL.

Furthermore, I really don't understand why a CPU voltage tweak could affect the Roccat mouse state after wake. :no:

Are you sure you haven't modified another setting prior noticing your mouse was working normally after wake ?

Edited by Renegade

@Renegade Yeah, for my system (Haswell CPU and Z87) that was the only setting I had to modify in order to make it work. I would like to help but I don't know how. Maybe someone in this forum can help you solving the problem!

Are there any updates to how to fix this on a Mac system?

I am seeing this with a Roccat Kone Pure SE, on a Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

The buttons do not work unless I unplug it and plug it back in. (happens on first boot or sleep)

Just for the sake of adding an information, this is not a hackintosh-related problem, I just gave the mouse a try on a late-2011 iMac running High Sierra and the problem is the same. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Michel M
      Hello,
      I recently create my hackintosh using macos catalina and opencore.
      But I'm facing an annoying issue :
      My mouse pointer is skipping frames for like 10 secondes after boot up and then come back to normal behaviour.
      Does someone from were this issue is coming ?
      Thank you !

Config :
      I5 8600K
      z370 chipset
      Integrated gpu

• By kushwavez
      Hi!

Could anyone help me installing High Sierra on this system?
      I succesfully installed Sierra before on this system with help of Jake Lo (thanks!!), I just wondering if could High sierra possible to installed on this system?
      Boot stopped at this. I'll attach my Clover folder and a picture from boot.
      UEFI enabled, and for skylake I used IntelGraphicsDVMTfixup and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. My bios is very limited and does not have any option to change dvmt prealloc or anything else.
      Everything works fine on Sierra.
      Here is my system:

THIS TOPIC IS OUTDATED AND WILL NO LONGER UPDATED.
      PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK FOR GUIDE & UPDATED FILES:
      https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11355-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-catalina-windows-10/

Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G-55TU

(Note: Bootpack works fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)

Mobo: Skylake USOPP_SLS
      Bios: Insyde corp latest version
      CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz (Skylake)
      GPU: Geforce GTX 950M 2 GB (optimus, disabled), Intel HD 530
      Ram: 8 GB DDR4 (4+4 GB)
      Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A, Replaced to BCM94352Z
      Ethernet: Realtek 8168B/8111B
      Audio: ALC 255 (layout-3 fix)
      Card Reader: Realtek
      HDD: 1 TB
      Dual-boot with Windows 10

Any help appreciated!

UPDATE! (2017.10.30)
      UPDATE! (2017.11.09)
      UPDATE! (2018.02.01)

Successfully installed High Sierra 10.13, 10.13.1, 10.13.3
      SEE THIS POST: #49 IF YOU THINK YOUR CPU IS HOT (60+°C) OR NOT GOING UNDER 1.3GHz FREQUENCY WHEN IDLE
      (Original OSXLatitude post link: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11355-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-catalina-windows-10/)
      Working:
      Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BCM94352z: (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, install them with Kext Utility or another kext installer) (Original WiFi is Qualcomm Atheros, unsupported but BT works) Hand-off with BCM94352z Full Graphics enabled on HD 530, HDMI, VGA. ALC 255 Audio: (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack (microphone not tested) with layout-3 fix (you can use AppleHDAPatcher) Ethernet Realtek 8168B/8111B App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native) Integrated webcam (native) 3.0 USB (native) Touchpad and Keyboard: Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn. (VoodoPS2Controller.kext) Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with kext utility or other installer. Sleep Mode: In High Sierra sleep mode not worked for me natively. Inject custom EDID to fix the blank screen after wake from sleep
      See here for instruction (thanks black.dragon74 and Jake Lo !!) Please add these 2 patches to ACPI\DSDT\Patches in your config.plist in order to avoid not responding applications after sleep: (added in "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip") HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f Before updating to a new version of High Sierra please update kexts to new versions to avoid kernel panics Note: No need for "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext" so you should delete it. Not working:
      Original Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle. NVIDIA GTX 950M: Optimus not supported. Card Reader: Unsupported For WiFi:
      You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used tp-link Archer T1U (5GHz support), Tp-link have official macOS drivers, you just need to install it (OR)Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kext I wrote above I'll attach my EFI folder for anyone who want to install High Sierra (acer_aspire_v5_591g_55tu_hs.zip).
      *REUPLOADED updated CLOVER folder, attached as "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip" (uploaded to OSXLatitude forum, can't upload here).

I'm using High Sierra in Dual-boot with Windows 8.1. To do this in a clean install or with Windows installed first try my little minimal guide:

Dual-boot clean install (on one drive):
      1. Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it's no matter what), 1 for Mac), 
      2. Install Mac, boot with your USB, *mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder, copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,
      3. Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      4. Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi 5. You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (you can search for it).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
      1. Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.
      2. Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.
      3. Restore from image: select your full system restore image.
      4. When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.
      5. Do Step 2. from "*" from clean install dual-boot above. but KEEP "Microsoft" FOLDER IN IT!
      6. Do Step 4. from clean install dual-boot above.
      7. You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (I only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      Make sure you have partitions in GPT The best version for restore method is Windows 8.1. It's using 200 MB EFI. Windows 10 using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. You can use with Windows 10, just ignore the errors IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT installer IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found)
      It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem) You also could "mount" the EFI from windows, for that open cmd and type: diskpart list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4) sel vol 4 list part (Select System type partition, for example 2) sel part 2 assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition, to manage files download totalcmd or explorer++ (run as admin)) remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI) Here is a video from dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Q8uPkwcWQ
      Here some pictures:

• By PJR
      Opa gente!
      Ontem fiz uma instalação do Mac Os High Sierra em minha maquina, um I5 4440 + GTX 970, o finalizar a instalação resolvi conectar meu segundo monitor na saida de video da placa mãe (HD Graphics 4600) reiniciei a maquina e ativei a HD Graphics. Os monitores funcionam porem ao usar o Chrome, por exemplo, quando uma lista de sugestão de pesquisa aparece, ela apresenta diversos bugs graficos, chuviscos e artefatos no local onde deveria estar a lista.
      Obs: Ao usar apenas a GTX 970 ou somente a HD Graphics estes problemas não ocorrem.
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.