Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Renegade

Roccat mouse won't work after wake from sleep

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My  current build is working flawlessly under High Sierra except for one thing : my Roccat Kone EMP mouse won't work after waking up from sleep. I have to disconnect/reconnect it to get it to work again.
Other mice (less sophisticated) do work upon wake.

However , the Roccat mouse doesn't have any issue under Windows 10 or on an iMac running SL 10.6.3 . I wish I could try under Sierra ...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Here are my build details and a backup from the ioreg:

Mobo: ASRock Z370 ExtremePro4 - CPU: i7-8700k - RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 - GPU: NVidia GTX1080 - SSD: Crucial M4 512GB

Kexts used:

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

i7-8700k OSX.ioreg.zip

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

I have the exact same issue! I have just bought a Roccat Kone EMP and after wake from sleep the mouse doesn't work. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G65).

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC v1.1 rev1.1 (BIOS: F7)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz LGA1150 (Haswell)

GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 770 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III

Monitor: ASUS VX229H IPS

Keyboard: iKBC New Poker 2

Mouse: Roccat Kone EMP

I will attach my CLOVER folder and my ioreg file

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

CLOVER.zip

Leonardo’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Edited by LeoVanex

@Renegade I have found the issue! You have to disable or set to SBPLL an option in BIOS settings called "CPU PLL Selection" or "CPU PLL overvoltage". After that, save and reboot! Test if it works ;)

IMG_20180901_154530.jpg

@LeoVanex

Thanks for helping. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

Sadly for me, we have very different builds, I use a Coffee Lake cpu running with a Z370 chipset.

To the best of my knowledge , the Z370 chipset doesn't allow tweating the PLL.

Furthermore, I really don't understand why a CPU voltage tweak could affect the Roccat mouse state after wake. :no:

Are you sure you haven't modified another setting prior noticing your mouse was working normally after wake ?

Edited by Renegade

@Renegade Yeah, for my system (Haswell CPU and Z87) that was the only setting I had to modify in order to make it work. I would like to help but I don't know how. Maybe someone in this forum can help you solving the problem!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Masha24
      Hi guys, I've been lurking in the shadows for months trying to learn how to hackintosh this laptop.  Perhaps if anyone has the time, I could use some help getting it to install 

Trying to install High Sierra on this Laptop:

Lenovo Ideapad 110-171KB-80VK (2017)
      Intel Core i5 7200U
      Intel HD 620 Graphics
      Resolution: 1600x900

Elan PS2 Track Pad - [ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0675 - system device -PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_383117AA&REV_21]
      Realtek Network    - [PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_383317AA&REV_07]
      Realtech audio

SATA Controller    - [PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_382F17AA&REV_21]
      USB 3.0 XHC        - [PCI\VEN_808

--- Using Clover *
      --- I'll attach it below.

I can't quite get it to install, and i've been going in circles for months now ...
      I'll attach everything I have so far including, verbose pics, clover preboot, Clover folder, etc.

Here are some photos of the verbose text leading up to the installer, if maybe there is something useful in here?

And now photos of the installer

Above is an image of the Installer log, (the main pop up window loads from about 10 mins and stops arbitrarily at 2 minutes left, every time) of the nearly hundred attempts i have made, this is the final screen i get, pretty much no matter what i do.
      Sometimes the the order of what it says is different , but the main things of interest are:

"Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended journaled."
      "Warning: Couldn't find Board ID, Chip ID, & ECID in new namespace, falling back"
      "Unable to get fs for null"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Applediagnostics.chunklist"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Installfa.plist"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify AppleDiagnostics.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify InstallESD.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.chumklist"

I have tried many many ... many .. different combinations of kexts, drivers, copies of clover, forks of clover - different copies of drivers and kexts from different sources.. including from all the official repositories.

* I am not trying to install with APFS - the drive i am using is a spinning HDD - so i don't understand the first line quote above.
      * I am using a usb2 slot - there is only two on this machine - 1- usb2 and 1- usb3
      * As you'll see in the Clover folder i'm using APFSdriverloader. - so the installer should detect the installer-APFS-thing - and see it should be HFS+ ?? no?

I'll detail the procedures:

I wiped the Target HDD drive with a live linux USB.
      i prepair the USB with Createinstallmedia method, install clover to the EFI on usb, load kexts and drivers (I've been recently attempting with the Plist from a 'certain other site' Ton*****86) As it has the dvmt preallocation patch and other bits - i'm of course open to ANY other files/pLists .. this is just the one i've been experimenting with lately.)
      Add ' -v ' in clover options to see the verbose output
      in the installer (acts sketchy sorta, delayed and sluggish) i use DiskUtility to erase the drive 'Macos extended journaled'
      Make initial selections, agree to license and begin install.
      it proceeds to 2 minutes left every time, and hangs. many times i've left it for hours, and even overnight.
      I'm honestly not kidding, it's nearly 100 times ive' tried this, i've downloaded high sierra from the app store 5 times to rule out that, i've used countless combinations of everything .. i'm almost completely burned out.

If anyone can shed some light i'll be VERY thankful!... I'm ready to go in a completely new direction...please please please help

I'll put the Clover in the next post because i ran out of space in this one......

Here is the latest clover i've been using, with the preboot, and DSDT/SSDT (F2 & F4) in it.

CLOVER-Oct15.zip

Thank you very much for ANY help you can provide
    • By fusion71au
      Making a High Sierra USB Installer Entirely From Scratch in Windows
      This is a proof of concept tutorial, to show it's possible to create a vanilla High Sierra installer, entirely from scratch, in Windows (even without App Store downloaded "Install macOS High Sierra.app" from a real Mac ).  @PikeRAlpha's link to Apple's Software Catalog provides us with all the URLs necessary to download the needed files directly from Apple instead of some dubious source from the internet...

Pre-Requisites
      8GB or larger USB drive Boot Disk Utility v2.1.2017rev021b from @CVAD TransMac (free 15 day trial) Paragon Hard Disk Manager Free Download Installer Files Directly from Apple
      1)  Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist (Hint - search page for "InstallESD" to find its URL and others nearby)

to a folder named "SharedSupport" on your Windows NTFS drive.  A browser download manager (eg Chrono for Chrome, dTA for FireFox) is handy since InstallESD is >4GB ---> allows you to pause/resume interrupted download...

2)  Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
      3)  Edit InstallInfo.plist with WordPad/text editor to remove the chunklistURL and chunklistid keys for InstallESD, and renaming it from InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg (example of edited file attached to this post)...
      Note:  You can verify the SHA1 checksum of your InstallESD.dmg and BaseSystem.dmg with the correct ones at this website.
      Boot Disk Utility to format the Installer USB and Restore OS X Base System HFS partition
      1.  Format USB with BDU & latest Clover ---> creates boot files in CLOVER partition + second FAT partition
      2.  Extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDU --> save to it's local folder
      3.  Restore 4.hfs to USB second partition with BDU --->  2nd partition becomes bootable "OS X Base System"
      Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend HFS Partition to its Full Extent
      Open Paragon Partition Manager Free and resize the second partition of the USB drive to the full size allowed.  Don't forget to apply the changes at the end...
      Transmac to Copy "SharedSupport" folder to OS X Base System
      1.  Open the TransMac program and navigate to the HFS+ Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents folder.  Right click anywhere in the empty space on the RHS pane and select "Copy Here"...
      2.  In the next stage, select the "SharedSupport" folder we created above as the "Files and Folders to be copied to the Mac Volume"...
      Clover Settings
      Clover configuration is required now.  The default config.plist (in the Clover FAT32 partition of the USB) maybe sufficient to boot your machine if you’re lucky.  If not, look at the Clover Wiki, Clover Instructions and Clover Configuration Thread for pointers and edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist accordingly with Wordpad or Notepad.
      The location of the important configuration files for Clover are summarized below
      config.plist--->EFI/CLOVER folder DSDT.aml with or without SSDT.aml--->EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (don't need one if your DSDT is auto patched by Clover in config.plist) Kexts eg FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement --->EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<osx version> or /Other. NB BootDiskUtility by default already has FakeSMC.kext installed here.  You may need to add VoodooPS2Controller for your laptop keyboard/trackpad to work. If UEFI booting, you will most likely need one of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 drivers copied from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers-off/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. If you want to use the installer to run High Sierra in Windows on VMware, you can follow my guide to set up the Virtual Machine and replace Clover's default config with EFI_Clover for VMware (which is compatible to run in VMware).  In the screenshots below, I have attached the USB Installer (in this case PhysicalDrive7) to my macOS Virtual Machine.  Reboot the system to the USB installer to install High Sierra ...
      What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?
      Not a problem, as long as we get "OS X Base System" bootable, we can launch terminal from the Utilities Menu to copy the SharedSupport folder over to the Installer app.  In essence, we will build the full installer app = 5GB+ on the target HD eg "Macintosh HD", by copying both the "small" installer app = 15MB (on "OS X Base System") and the SharedSupport folder from the NTFS volume (mounted in this example on /Volumes/DATA)...
      -bash-3.2# cd / -bash-3.2# cp -R Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ -bash-3.2# cp -R /Volumes/DATA/SharedSupport /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/  
      ...then start installation with the startosinstall utility...
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  
      The above steps can be automated with the attached "startosinstall.command" script, which will assemble "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on "Macintosh HD" and launch the startosinstall utility targeting the "Macintosh HD" volume.  Copy/download to "Macintosh HD", then run in terminal (after attaching DATA USB with /Shared Support folder)...
      cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" chmod +x startosinstall.command ./startosinstall.command Updated Download Links for macOS Mojave 10.14_18A391
      Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      Note: In Mojave, Apple has removed the --converttoapfs NO and --applicationpath arguments from the startosinstall utility....

eg to use startosinstall for the above section "What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?", the syntax is now
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD  
      This basically means that for Mojave, the default installation will always convert the target volume to the apfs file system.

startosinstall.command.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.13.6.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.14.zip
    • By ryugae
      Hello to everyone, is nice to be here. After spending 2 weeks or so over the month I've finally managed to install my new Hackintosh HS 10.13.6.
      My HW:
      CPU: Intel Pentium G3420 3.20GHz
      MOBO: H81M-VG4
      RAM: HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
      PSU: CX 750M 750W
      GPU: GEFORCE GTX 750ti 2GB vRAM GDDR5
      I know, I know, this is probably the worst hackintosh hardware you ever seen but at the moment I don't have a better computer. Everything work fine, I made a vanilla installation using clover and everything work fine.

The only problem is the lag part. Many people told me that my pentium will not have hardware video decoding so it will have to do software decoding which is slow on my chip. Then I should replace my hardware - motherboard and everything else.

I ask to you, guys: there is a workaround to this?
      I already installed the last Nvidia Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.10.40.105).
      On clover I apported a little edit to my InjectIntel FakeID typing as value 0x1902 (I'm using an Haswell GT1) and it worked, now my hackintosh is more smooth - window resize or similar animations are more fluid and I can finally watch youtube videos in 720-1080p. But lag remains. I can't see a 1080p video using quicktime because is too laggy and I also tried GeekBench some days ago and I received a result of 21 fps, lol.
      Also right now when I'm typing there is a little, little lag. I should stop see videos and still use this hackintosh with this problem or there is a workaround to fix it?
      I asked on every Hackintosh discord group but no chances... everyone told me the same thing but also to ask to someone else with a different point of view.

Thank you to everyone.
      Some sources about my exactly problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/6hzky4/laggy_fullscreen_animation_on_youtube_videos/
    • By Discount_Mac
      Hello everyone,

I was able to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6 a few months ago successfully with working audio, internet, etc.

But now I want to upgrade to High Sierra and am not sure whether or not it will be compatible with my system. (Tried to do it using a High Sierra USB. Wouldn't boot into installer, showed "+++++++++++++" or something.)

My specs are:
      Dell Optiplex 3010
      Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz (HD2500 Integrated Graphics)
      4GB of RAM
      NVIDIA Quadro FX1800 (Want to use this GPU, have an extra Radeon HD7470 somewhere that I can also use in this if needed)
      Conexant CX20641 Audio
      Realtek RTL8111E Ethernet

So, can I upgrade to High Sierra? Please let me know.

EDIT: I kept getting this error: (See attached image)

Thanks
      -Discount_Mac

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
      The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
      As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method,
          needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only.
      2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
          install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          We can manually format as MBR or GPT, HFS+ or APFS on installation screen like as 10.12.
          We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13 and 10.14 on installation screen now.
          Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, and 10.14 future versions, I think so.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
      3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
          install via stage 2 automatically, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition, and can be installed as update from previous version.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
      Just use MBR-EasyInstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Automatic-Method)?
      Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, new for 10.13+.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.