Intel i3-8100 & UHD 630 no HDMI output

39 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Allan said:

8. Renaming GFX0 -> IGPU

This?

Yup, so I get that far, add the change GFX0 to IGPU on the ACPI screen in Clover..  I have no other GFX related patches on that screen so then going on to the next one. 

So I have WEG in my Clover>Kexts>Other folder with Lilu... So am I putting the new debug in the same folder? Or is the link for WEG in the manual a different version (an actual app) that then needs Lilu debug placed in its root folder? This is where I am lost.

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Delete the Release version of WEG + Lilu and install the Debug version.

Ok downloading now...

Question, when using the gfxutil, the application runs however when it opens up its terminal window I have not access to be able to make any changes or type any commands (or type at all) is that normal? 

Thanks @Allan Been a real long time since I have done any type of terminal coding (like 15yrs) so starting from scratch. Appreciate you taking the time to help

So realized that I needed to have the GFXUtil tool on my desktop to be able to run the application. After typing the command it gave me the device path same as yours. 

I have Xcode installed and found where I believe I am supposed to input the ig-platform id information but am I doing that through XCode directly or should I be doing that through clover configuration with my plist file?

Also after downloading the debug versions of WEG+Lilu I have placed the WEG debug version in my kext>other folder however in the debug release folder of Lilu there is no actual kext file? I just receive a Lilu.kext 2 folder that has all types of data/folders/etc. in it. Following the instructions to place this in the root of the WEG debug, I assume that means that I am placing this in the WEG Debug folder root? 

Sorry I have read through the thread multiples and just is not making any sense to me. Randomly I won a ebay bid on an AMD Radeon R7 350x low profile card last night (had sent the offer over a couple days ago) so that will be coming in the mail later this week but would like to get this all working so that I have a backup of the EFI folder with everything should I ever have any issues in the future. 

5 minutes ago, mizznfizz said:

I have Xcode installed and found where I believe I am supposed to input the ig-platform id information but am I doing that through XCode directly or should I be doing that through clover configuration with my plist file?

You decide. There's will no make difference.

8 minutes ago, mizznfizz said:

I just receive a Lilu.kext 2 folder that has all types of data/folders/etc. in it.

That's strange....

9 minutes ago, mizznfizz said:

Following the instructions to place this in the root of the WEG debug, I assume that means that I am placing this in the WEG Debug folder root? 

Yes, donwload the Debug version of Lilu, than download the WEG project.

Put the Lilu.kext inside the folder, than click on WEG.project, Run the Xcode play button.

If Xcode build it correctly, you can use WEG + Lulu Debug versions whenever you want.

53 minutes ago, Allan said:

That's strange....

Yes, donwload the Debug version of Lilu, than download the WEG project.

Put the Lilu.kext inside the folder, than click on WEG.project, Run the Xcode play button.

If Xcode build it correctly, you can use WEG + Lulu Debug versions whenever you want.

Yeah here is what I am talking about with the Lilu debug file that I downloaded. 

31875254417_3db85f4292_z.jpg

there is an item in the MacOS folder that looks similar to the gfxutil application. So I am assuming that is used for the debug in cd desktop command on terminal correct?

Also, here are my settings when adding the ig platform id to Add Properties under device. Based on the guide, I am running an i5 8400 with device ID of 3E92, so the recommended platform id should be 0x3e9B0007 which would translate to the code of 07009B3E if i did the translation right. 

39851432073_9244261d6e_z.jpg

Looking at it now I am wondering should I be adding the information under the "Properties" tag like that or should it be going in the "Add Properties" section above? Or both. 

Edited by mizznfizz

Well getting somewhere. Realized that I was not adding the data values properly (added an extra 0) when doing the changes in my Clover Config. So this was causing the system to still pause while booting in verbose at the IGPU framebuffer not identified line.

Noticed this randomly while I was looking at the Hackintool main page because the system was showing my Device ID and Platform ID incorrectly. Now that that is fixed verbose boot screams through all the lines and then goes straight to the Apple Logo loading screen.

However, I am still not getting any hardware acceleration. When I pull up Hackintool the platform id dropdown is blank and there are no items in the menu. 

5 hours ago, mizznfizz said:

there is an item in the MacOS folder that looks similar to the gfxutil application. So I am assuming that is used for the debug in cd desktop command on terminal correct?

No...

I'll try to make a video about it. I'm at Windows right now, so when I get some time, I'll show you.

Ok thanks so much for pointing this stuff out to this idiot. I am pretty spent on this. Had it for awhile that I could bypass the IGPU kernel panic in verbose but went through to edit and see if I could get the gfx acceleration to work but no dice. Tried going through the Idiots guid to lilu a second time (which is how I got rid of the IGPU issue in verbose in the first place, and now I am back to having the IGPU issue. 

Downloaded like you showed, installed Lilu debug in the root folder then hit the play button. Says the "build completed" but then when I go to look for your directory there is nothing. Here is what I am seeing on the video. I don't know if I am just this dense or it is really this confusing to get the integrated graphics to work.

Edited by mizznfizz