existing Sierra 10.12.6, can't make visible high Sierra install disk

ezyrdr

103 posts in this topic

i was able to finally install successfully Mojave on my build...idiot me, I forgot to go to hard disk in clover after usb install to continue the installation from there.

its working as it was Sierra...exept for video...now I don't need codeccommander, but my Asus en210 silent is not capable of running qe/ci...I was reading MSI gt710 2GB is working oob with Mojave...maybe I should buy this graphic card?

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-11 a la(s) 00.04.16.png

only audio working is pink and green jack from the back. front jacks for mic and headphones dont work. internet is doin great. didnt test digital audio output. ill come back later with the clover folder that works with this. thanks to maldon for providing that! back with sierra he managed to pass me dsdt and kexts. apfs efi 64 driver is needed since now the installer will automatedly do an install on a apfs drive, no matter if its ssd or hard disk asin my case, it just converts the hfs drive you create with disk utility to apfs, they are more aggressive with the new file system. so you need apfs.efi in your 64 efi drivers. 

no qe/ci for tabs without graphics corruption and a minimal display resolution...hope this gt710 2GB get to work oob.

it was cheap but my main concern is whether ill get recognized by apple system properties...

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-13 a la(s) 06.49.08.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-17 a la(s) 16.06.30.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-18 a la(s) 19.05.02.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-20 a la(s) 11.54.56.png

I got Nvidia injection on...so maybe that won't mess with it

ok now...this geforce gt710 2GB DDR3 works oob like it was said on some page...gets recognized, but vga connector don't work. im using it with an HDMI to VGA adaptor. and it goes just fine. maybe a newer display next to get full hd resolution, since my ol LG display only gives me 1360x768 ... ill post the clover folder that gets me to the desktop later.

but yes, MOJAVE works with Asus h97m-e CSM and MSI GeForce GT710 2GB DDR3 (you have to remember to add APFS driver efi64 to the drivers64 or you won't be able to boot, when installing clover to the usb thumb remember to add uefi boot and the driver). audio: only back panel mic and speakers. front headphones and mic don't work as far as i remember  LAN: works great, don't know if oob, but RealtekRTL8111.kext gives me connectivity VIDEO:the msi card works with an HDMI to VGA adapter, so HDMI is fine

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-27 a la(s) 19.30.53.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-27 a la(s) 19.31.46.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-27 a la(s) 19.35.43.png

i have found that the USB ports must be not working properly...I try to connect my iPhone via usb, and all I get is a system message that sez "an USB accessory needs energy" "connect the iPhone to an USB port in this mac"

anybody knows anything about USB ports that could fix this?

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-28 a la(s) 22.28.51.png

hello! thanks for the reply...I have a newer version of that kext, that was the first thing I checked.

but I don't get where to apply these values (sorry my dumbness), I was lookin up in clover configurator, but there's nothing there?!

13 minutes ago, ezyrdr said:

hello! thanks for the reply...I have a newer version of that kext, that was the first thing I checked.

but I don't get where to apply these values (sorry my dumbness), I was lookin up in clover configurator, but there's nothing there?!

You need to add the patch under Kernel and kext Patches:

160050257_ScreenShot2018-10-29at9_28_36AM.thumb.png.1555f88d4d9b607805009f2b1a6452b3.png

You might have other (older patches) in the config.plist which you need to disable them. If the issue isn't fixed post your EFI folder and I'll take a look.

nothing apple mouse  just freezes also keyboard i dont get usb at all. now im not sure how to replace it. maybe the config.plist needed YOUR usbinjectall?

cause i downloaded the newest from the github page if i remember well. now i cant use the hackintosh. im writing from the phone

i tried to unplug and re plug the usb hub for apple. but it just freezes 

no! wait !

i plugged the hub on another USB port and now I'm writing from Mojave 

the system message still pops up. says I need to plug the iPhone to an USB port. 

I'm tryin from the front port, but last time the back ports neither worked with the apple phone... 

front ports don’t work with the phone. only back panel ports work

You are using a patched DSDT and I guess that might need to be updated for Mojave.

If you can try removing it from the ACPI folder and boot the system without it and see if that the same issue occurs.

My version of USBInjectAll is the same from GitHub but I must have forgotten to update it for a while so using that won't make a difference.

i tried the dsdt that maldon gave me. and it works! everything seems to be fine. even sleep worked. i say worked cause i tried out the new efi folder in the usb installer and got in internet straight from the usb install disk, and i got connection!

just when i restarted, clover gives me a kernel error offset. ill try with time machine or start again over with the installer from scratch. but now i have more reliable media to start from!

thanks for your help everybody!!!

efí folder for this mother and graphics card:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00672681609510635361

sleep wake works only with the power button, not the keyboard like at other times.

now im doing a time machine backup, just in case it comes handy...

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-30 a la(s) 01.53.22.png

you got to have the macOS install app from the App Store, and type this in terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction

this way you use the createinstallmedia method...the installer app will be installed to your usb pen drive...you got to have the install app in applications folder and had erased your usb with disk utility with hfs+ journaled (replace the name of the macOS with the one your tryin to install. just drag and drop onto terminal window, same with the usb), and also replace "USB" from the "--volume" command with the name you gave your usb disk...then you install clover boot loader to the usb with uefi boot option and apfs driver from the drivers 64 in the clover installation. its under "options" bellow the target installation.

15 hours ago, ellaosx said:

you can remove --applicationpath as it is no longer needed

yes and after following the terminal commands and installing clover bootloader you copy the efi folder to the efi partition clover installation does to the usb (you also do it with an installed system, install clover same options and copying efi clover folder)you can mount this efi partition with clover configurator...google it its over mackiez100projects

Edited by ezyrdr