existing Sierra 10.12.6, can't make visible high Sierra install disk

ezyrdr

103 posts in this topic

Ok here's what I have found so far,

The resolution of the Clover GUI is not fully optimized so it can't show all the icons in the GUI boot the system and use the arrow keys and see if you can find the USB disk.

I was able to boot into macOS Mojave's installer successfully right now. If this folder is working with Mojave it should work with High Sierra as well.

I attached the folder so you can test.

EFI.zip

According to the bootlog in the folder you sent me the clover revision that you are using is 4012 and it's not capable of detecting macOS High Sierra's installer.

I told you you need to update your clover.

Mount the EFI partition on your High Sierra USB installer and replace the EFI folder with the one I posted here

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ezyrdr said:

i took the pc to the technician 

Well what they said?

I encountered this issue on my Asus P8H77 M -LE and the cause for that issue was the rc.scripts in the clover installation. Have you used that with the previous installer when you installing clover to boot into Sierra?

I had to find it the hard way. I had to reset the CMOS to get it back to boot normally.

Edited by Cyberdevs

i don’t know what’s rc.scripts. i just selected as extra drivers the ones u said with pics in your previous post. apfs and the other. bios had quite a lot of urfi start up partitions named osx along with the 2tb drive where i got sierra and the usb installer. i tried to put the installer first, but bios froze, then i reseted and there was no more boot. thats the situation, this afternoon the technician is gonna give it a look over my pc

2 minutes ago, ezyrdr said:

i don’t know what’s rc.scripts. i just selected as extra drivers the ones u said with pics in your previous post. apfs and the other. bios had quite a lot of urfi start up partitions named osx along with the 2tb drive where i got sierra and the usb installer. i tried to put the installer first, but bios froze, then i reseted and there was no more boot. thats the situation, this afternoon the technician is gonna give it a look over my pc

Well I'm sure that's nothing serious.

depending on the numbers of the hard disks attached to your system in bios there will be a boot entry so you can choose any of them to boot from but only the ones that have a bootloader on them will be able to boot the system. Like windows bootloader and the Clover etc..

The thing is that this issue that you are describing has nothing to do with the drivers you installed.

RC.SCRIPT is a part of the clover bootloader and for some pcs without the nvram it's essential for clover to remember which drive you selected last to boot from, it will store the state of the bootloader and the macOS itself. Think of it as a memory to store the settings inside, but on some cases it will totally freeze the system and therefore the system won't be able to boot.

How ever it wasn't included in the EFI folder that I posted and besides it needs to be installed with clover on the target drive. So I'm not sure what could have caused the freezing.

You can turn the PC on and press the Del/F2 or F8 keys on the keyboard to go into the BIOS settings an reset the settings to default settings. This will remove any settings in the BIOS and like the first day and you need to reconfigure it.

If yo are not confident on doing so it's better to ask for some help as you already decided to have a technician look at it.

10 minutes ago, ezyrdr said:

i wasn’t able to get in the bios, pc freezes at asus logo, it won’t do anything else from that point. maybe erasing the drive would give it booting again...i could install macOS after

No I guess you need to use Clear CMOS jumpers on the mainboard to be able to boot

7 hours ago, ezyrdr said:

i tried with both your efi folder and my old efi from my sierra drive and nothing...

I think your BIOS needs to be reconfigured. What did the technician say about the issue you had, what has they done on your PC?

Can you please update your signature with your full PC specs so I can know better what is your specifications?

ill try do that as soon as i can. the technician said he reseted the cmos jumpers and some other "tweaks"

but you may be right maybe the dude reseted the bios configuration and i need to select other os in the bios

but i reed some about the app high sierra, that you launch it, go through steps, reboot, and the installer shows up in clover, then you install

1 minute ago, ezyrdr said:

ill try do that as soon as i can. the technician said he reseted the cmos jumpers and some other "tweaks"

but you may be right maybe the dude reseted the bios configuration and i need to select other os in the bios

but i reed some about the app high sierra, that you launch it, go through steps, reboot, and the installer shows up in clover, then you install

Yeah resetting the BIOS with the clear CMOS jumpers is the first thing that I would have done and I would have updated the BIOS as well. The tweaks might be the cause for the problem. For macOS, you need to have certain parts of BIOS being enabled and some other parts being disabled we need to make sure about this settings.

Which app are you referring to? I really hope that you are not talking about the tonymac app because if you are, we do not support it and it's against the rules to discuss it.

are you talking about that app? and if not which app is it.

Just you know, you don't need to use any third party app to install macOS on your hack. All you need is a correctly configure PC settings and the right EFI folder.

the high sierra app installer. no i used tonymac back in 2011 when i never knew about vanilla installations, but only once. never used it again

and i didnt liked it! its too invasive takin credit all for himself

thought to try to boot the installer from within the os and select it from clover if that is possible

but i really need to erase my disk...theres some flashing slash sign at bootup that stays there blinkin for like 3 min

i think is an old elad nava guide that said to apply for all section in clover options with the installer and that is the cause of this annoing flashesat start

you remeber theres an option in clover bootloader that zez "apply to all"

i think thats a bad installation from my part, want to erasse the disk and not select that option in clover bootloader

macOS dont boot from a disk of more than 1tb is that right? the i should do partitions...