existing Sierra 10.12.6, can't make visible high Sierra install disk

ezyrdr

103 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ezyrdr said:

thought to try to boot the installer from within the os and select it from clover if that is possible

but i really need to erase my disk...theres some flashing slash sign at bootup that stays there blinkin for like 3 min

i think is an old elad nava guide that said to apply for all section in clover options with the installer and that is the cause of this annoing flashesat start

you remeber theres an option in clover bootloader that zez "apply to all"

i think thats a bad installation from my part, want to erasse the disk and not select that option in clover bootloader

macOS dont boot from a disk of more than 1tb is that right? the i should do partitions...

No I don't think that's correct, macOS can boot from any disk, it doesn't matter how big it is as long as it's correctly formatted. GUID partition scheme is the correct format though.

I think you need to make everything from scratch to avoid any unnecessary headaches.

• 2 weeks later...

im stuck here and it only shows a white screen with the busy cursor. i could not find the bios options...just fast boot. the options i have are advanced, and there is nothing there for usb and others. i do have selected ahci and vtd is disabled. 

D280B05B-E739-4A05-B72A-A77744DF709C.jpeg

BIOS settings vary from system to system, it depends of the mainboard and the BIOS revisions as well.

I pointed you to that topic to know more about BIOS settings so if your BIOS features are different that's normal.

Take a look at this topic:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-on-intel-5-6-7-8-9-and-x99-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/

you can find many useful information there.

i get the same error as always. i get message kextd stall appleacpicpu

smc timed out

Post the EFI folder that you are using.

or

Make sure "inject Kexts" is set to "Yes" under system parameters.

link: https://mega.nz/#!HOow1CqT!sgruxEyM3mAfHCCcK1VYT3GCKP2EaXK7vvlpniexzPE

i think mega did actually updated the file! maybe im mistaken? hope is the same file!!!!

try this:

and can you please update your signature with the latest hardware specs that you are using.

EFI 2.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried with the App Store high Sierra  app and it booted from clover startup screen, but it gets stuck with the appleLMU error. no smc supported. my Asus h97m-e csm is not capable of running high sierra

• 2 months later...

i erased the sierra disk i had to do a clean install an now verbose get stuck at the very beginning. when it booted it hangs at like tree minutes before finishing, as allways with the createinstallmedia method. bu it wont finish with an update, it just keep reintalling from scratch. now clover gets stuck and i will have to reinstall sierra without mojave. sorry i forgot to say im now tryin to intall mojave

DDBC2791-6300-458A-A92E-89835960777F.jpeg

it seems the fakesmc that clover configurator installs (with the sensors) was the main difference. since the other kexts are lilu hda and usb fix