Welcome to InsanelyMac.com - No more ads! And some exciting news... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bojarek8

an unrecognizable LG monitor screen by the system

4 posts in this topic

Hello Gentlemens

I am asking you with a great request for help with a problem I can not deal with. 

I hope I have chosen a good section on this topic :)

I have been using my Hackintosh for some time now 

it does not cause me any more problems except for the one that irritates me

My problem: 

the system does not recognize my monitor and detects it as a 

monitor monitor VGA

13,9'' (800 x 600)

Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512  MB

My monitor model: LG Flatron W2243S 

1440951412_Zrzutekranu2018-06-16o01_02_36.png.758aa1504b96c14e280dddd5b1021f62.png

As you can see in the attached picture, the system does not recognize the monitor as a built-in screen

My main problem is that when the screen resolution is set to 1920x1080, black bars appear on the sides of the screen

It is not very comfortable, that's why I would like to change it and make the image look the whole width of the monitor

The monitor is connected to the graphics card with an adapter from the VGA connector to the DVI connector

this is my conifig.plist 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kBoGpfR8ooGAm-Y9C8Qu7rZetDWI8t6w

I hope that I described my problem in a comprehensible way, thank you very much for your help :) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By tianzhenge
      My computer is I5-480M + NVIDIA GT520M,MACOS 10.13.6,NVIDIA video card is banned in the clover,I follow the guidelines,Now my laptop's internal display is working properly.But I found a new problem,My laptop has a 1346x766 screen. Now I connect VGA to a 1920x1080 screen. The default is mirroring mode, and the VGA display is not fully displayed. If I modify "APPL,OS-INFO" according to the tutorial, my VGA display can only be used under macOS Adjusted to 1346x766 resolution under normal display, if adjusted to 1920x1080 resolution then the display will be chaotic.Does anyone know anything about this? thank
    • By skrypious
      Hi,
      I have been using my hackintosh for a while without any problems, until my monitor is replaced with a new one... Previously I was using 2 monitors connected via HDMI + DVI, now - with new one, I am using HDMI + DP, and my hackintosh stopped working. On every boot, everything I see is black screen... When I connect only one monitor (via HDMI or DP) - everything works fine.
      I have tried many things: 
      - CSM off / on 
      - PEG + iGPU (64MB/128MB) / only PEG 
      - SSDT patching / DeviceProperties patch 
      - VBIOS reflash 
      - BIOS reflash 
      - Changing cables 
      - Resetting NVRAM
      - Changing SMBIOS
      Nothing helps…
      Fun fact - for 2 days everything was ok, the black screen problem appeared suddenly... So I am writing this post, maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to help me
      Hardware: 
      - Intel Core i5 4690k 3,5GHz (overclocked to 4,4GHz) 
      - MSI Z97 Gaming 3 
      - MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB 
      - Kingston 16GB DDR3
      Software: 
      - macOS Big Sur 
      - Dual boot with Windows 10
      Screens: 
      - Acer VG272U [email protected] (connected via DP 1.4)
      - LG 23MP48 [email protected] (connected via HDMI 2.0)

Hackintosh: 
      - OpenCore 0.6.3 
      - iMac15,1 
      - Full EFI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eul7SnOEunfJOxBGD3Ygcmkc9f80DrlN/view?usp=sharing
      BIOS: 
      - UEFI Boot Mode 
      - CFG Lock and VT-D are disabled 
      - iGPU is disabled right now, but it doesn't make any difference somehow in this situation. iGPU is HD4600
      More Info: 
      - I have SSDT patch in my ACPI folder, which works fine - R9 390 works pretty fast, but I have never edited AMD8000Controller - is it required? 
      - I also have all needed kexts (AppleALC, AetherosE2200Ethernet, Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen) 
      - if I made linguistic mistakes somewhere - forgive me, I don't use English every day
    • By b2550
      Currently my install is 100% working except that so far I have only been able to get one of my 1080p monitors working with a MiniDP to HDMI cable. I currently am getting a second MiniDP to HDMI cable but for now I am stuck with a DVI to HDMI cable.

The monitor that is working is plugged in via the MiniDP to HDMI. The monitor that isn't working is using the DVI cable. However I also tried switching it to HDMI to HDMI which had the same result. The monitor wakes up but it's black. However for whatever reason, both monitors are still recognized in system preferences and hackintool.

I know all my cables are good and work because I updated from an install of El Capitan (which I still have on it's original SSD just in case this install fails) as well as a Windows install. Both monitors worked fine on El Capitan for literally years. El Capitan is just too old now and I need to update to keep up with software updates.

Problem reporting files should provide needed info about how I've configured this install. Build is in my signature.
      debug_22725.zip
    • By imacosiris
      Hi guys
      I manage to install macOS Catalina on my Gigabyte Computer everything is working great !!
      I just have a little issue, if I don't have a monitor plug-in the computer don't start.
      Because the computer work as server I don't need to plug a monitor (also I don't have much physical space to mount a monitor) , but when I plug a TV (working as monitor) the computer start just fine.
      Is this an issue on Opencore ? anything that can I do to avoid this ? I know the computer not really need a monitor plugin to boot.
      If any one can help me with this ...
      I using Opencore 0.5.9, macOS Catalina 10.15.4
      Br