ALC269 best approach?

13 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I try to get a notebook working vanilla. 

I used clover and patched DSDT.aml to get it booting. Now I have power-management issues and sound left. 

Sound is more important for me at the moment.

My notebook has following hardware: 

Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Skylake PCH-H 

lspci on ubuntu said: 

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)

id:
multimedia
description:  Audio device
product:  Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio
vendor:  Intel Corporation
physical id: 
1f.3
bus info: 
pci@0000:00:1f.3
version:  21
width:  64 bits
clock:  33MHz
capabilities:  pm msi bus_master cap_list
configuration:
driver = snd_hda_intel
latency = 32
resources:
irq : 128
memory : df120000-df123fff
memory : df100000-df10ffff

What would be the best way to install it? 

Is it possible to do it only with EFI/Clover or do I have to touch /L/E? 

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I saw this table already but I am unsure. There are multiple layout-ids. At the moment I inject 0x01 and it is not working.

Should any of the numbers work or do I have to find a specific one? And if so, can you please shortly explain the rough steps how to find the correct ids?

And before the layout ids there are four longer numbers. What are they and where to put them?

Is it enough to have lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and the id injection in config.plist or should I additionally do something with my DSDT?

Thanks 

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I saw this table already but I am unsure. There are multiple layout-ids. At the moment I inject 0x01 and it is not working.

Should any of the numbers work or do I have to find a specific one? And if so, can you please shortly explain the rough steps how to find the correct ids?

And before the layout ids there are four longer numbers. What are they and where to put them?

Is it enough to have lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and the id injection in config.plist or should I additionally do something with my DSDT?

Thanks 

For laptops generally, you have to try them all until you find the right one! Just try one by one, when done, put codec-commander in L\E

I’m using Tapatalk right now
  • Thanks 1

Is there also a "vanilla" approach? I would like to solve it via /EFI/Clover only? Or is this a bad idea? 

I tried it now with the "appleHDA patcher". From the description as far as I understood, you can do it with the appleHDA patcher without touching AppleHDA.kext. I am unsure about the codec commander. 

I used ubuntu via tryout to get the audio codec data from /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 

Now I know it is ALC269 VC V3. I used this information and used appleHDA patcher. Then I did 3 things: 

• Used to replace my config.plist with the one appleHDA patcher created
  • Put the aDummyHDA.kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  • Applied the DSDT Patches (HDEF_Patch.txt and system_IRQ.txt to my DSDT)

Please see the attached codec information, my EFI/Clover content and the current ioreg (ioregistryexplorer v2.1) information attached. 

EFI.zip

ioreg_export.zip

codec_card0.txt

Edited by frenzycoder

Don’t do something that was not mentioned, follow what Allan told to you, it’s simple as like that, use clover, and do test the Layout ID’s one after one, but remember that each one need it’s own reboot, if sound is ok, then use that layout id! Don’t complicate the things, you have clover, AppleALC + Lilu this is only what you’re going to need!
When sound is ok, just add codec-commander to L\E!

Remove any audio kext in S\L\E and L\E, keep it vanilla!

• Thanks 1

AppleHDA have to be untouched,and check sound if it’s working or not, after each reboot and layout id that was changed!

• 6 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 6:23 PM, Allan said:

Use AppleALC + Lilu on Clover folder.

Add the correct codec number in you config.plist: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#devices_audio_audio-inject

Here's the values:

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 18.22.20.png

Hi Alan,

None of the layout ID works for me. I even injected layout ID 124 & 128. Any recommendation what I can try? In the past, my ALC269 works by replacing hacked AppleHDA + IOAudioFamily.kext with specific edited DSDT for it to work. It worked from Mountain Lion up to Sierra. It stops working in High Sierra. AppleALC + Lilu is a more kosher way but unfortunately it appears that mine maybe a rare exception.

FYI, I elected boot verbose and I don;t remember seeing AppleALC kext loader. It showed Lilu kext loaded. Coulde that be an issue. I have Atheros Ethernet and Atheros E2200 did not work and I have to use the old Atheros L1C Ethernet kext. Putting in /Clover/kext/others. the Atheros could not inject. I had to put it into S/L/E. Can I put AppleALC into S/L/E or L/E? I also have problem with Asmedia 1024 USB3. Clover patch did not work.

I came across someone recommending to remove AppleHPET kext? Is that safe to remove AppleHPET? Any suggestion that I can try would be highly appreciated.

My rig is:

Asus X53E Laptop

CPU: Intel i5-2450M

Graphics: Intel HD3000

Expand Memory to 8GB 

I attached the patched kexts with DSDT that worked from Maverick to Sierra.   

AppleHDA.kext.zip

DSDT.aml

IOAudioFamily.kext.zip

Edited by Phil511
additional information

Hi @Allan,

Running the RunMe file & stuck at generating system information. IOReg dump failed & kept repeating IOReg dump but in the end ALC269 generated html. It generated a big files. You want all of it under send me folder?

Hi @Allan,

I am attaching files generated by RunMe app.

Send me.zip

Edited by Phil511
additional information