nebukadnezar k19 fixing security flaw

semthex

21 posts in this topic

Latets beta of "Nebukadnezar" is fixing a security flaw for you. The security flaw MOKB-09-11-2006, which was reported during the "month of kernel bugs" and which seems still to be unfixed by Apple has been fixed now. I hope you Enjoy. Thanks to moomo for his information about this bug. I tolk the patch like it was done a year ago by the FreeBSD crew and it seems to be fine with it. Dev should also care about security of users so this has been done.

Enjoy! :D

For anybody who is confused about beta: This is a beta because it is not final yet, final will be source release with SSE2 emulation according to/available under APSL pre Nov. 8, since this is not done yet it can only be obtained via the usale beta test channel and is not made public available. This Version is very close to final except the SSE2 emu is missing yet. Improvemnts are made nearly daily, small but steady, if you want to suggest a feature too, feel free to PM me.

This Version is very close to final except the SSE2 emu is missing yet.

Oh man... I gotta do it first!

HEY DOES THIS VERSION HAVE SEE2 IN IT>?!?>! IS THIS FINAL!?!? HOW DO I MAKE MY DELL A MAC?

Ok... I had to do it semthex..... maybe even the nubs will read it and not post :D

If I get time this weekend/tonight I will throw it on a 3.2ghz I have at home. Hope it works out!

Keep up the crazy fast work!

Wow - a kernel even more secure than the "real" one. Great job.

You may already know this. FYI - System profiler sees my Pent D 950 as "Unknown". In your previous nebukadnezar kernels it was seen as Core Duo or Core 2 Dou. Xbench may be just a little slower with this kernel (about a half point to a point - though it is hard to measure)

Thanks for your great efforts !

I tried this new kernel, but I'm sorry to say that it did not fix (at least my), hibernation problem. It falls asleep ok. When pressing a button, everything spins up, blue screen shows a while, then turns to a black screen with mouse pointer, and if I move the mouse it turns to the colorwheel pointer. I can move the pointer, but nothing more happens on the black screen. I have to force a reset.

Going back to mifki's for a while, it works flawlessly with hibernation.

Great job though with the security fix! Hopefully these hibernation issues will be solved, too :-) Thanks,

Please send a bug report with all required infos (prasys can provide a script for it) and I willr eview it later if I am at home. Thanks.

Btw. It fixes a security bug atm. hibernate is still in testing.

Hi,

Semthex, I understand it's still in beta. Nevertheless I keep on nagging you about hibernation ;-) Don't take it hard, you have done a wonderful job! I'm sure you'll fix the hibernation issue :-)

_Prasys_ Can you provide a link for the script you have that gives all the output Semthex might need? Maybe make a "sticky" of the link here at the forums so people can use it and post detailed information of value for the developers.

Thanks,

with latest kernel, i get Exception:

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000303

with some ppc software... that didnt happend with k18...

Please try explict or provide neccessary infos:

- which version?

- bug report?

- update way?

- tried to redo update?

The script is out , you could get it from the sticky. It does everything

I will try to link it with AppleScript so it will launch Mail and send it to semthex with everything. I am learning AppleScript , its a work in progress !

Anyone who is intrested in fixed kernel, can obtain it from live update now. Prasys has also updated the scripts a bit an a bugreporter is now available too. If you want to submit bugs, pls use it. It will gather all the needed infos :sorcerer:

semthex

I'm currently running " 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Oct 28 02:31:12 CDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386"

Can i run the installscript on my computer .. without lossing all my data?

I've installed before (withouth a person giving me all the needed kext and i couldn't login anymore ..

I tried setting the kernel back ..but it wouldn't help ..

thanks

semthex

I'm currently running " 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Oct 28 02:31:12 CDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386"

Can i run the installscript on my computer .. without lossing all my data?

I've installed before (withouth a person giving me all the needed kext and i couldn't login anymore ..

I tried setting the kernel back ..but it wouldn't help ..

thanks

Don't worry

I think U can!

Because I did it and then my system run much better than before!

Use the script is the fastest, safest WAY for UPDATE KERNEL from Semthex!

Use the script is the fastest, safest WAY for UPDATE KERNEL from Semthex!

It's not compeltely like that. .. the script certainly moves the kernel.

I've downloaded manuallly the new kernel, renamed it to "mach_test" then chmod and chown'd it .

The a reboot and pressing F8 to get my bootmenu.

i typed "mach_test" their to test my new kernel.

everything worked so when i was in osx again i moved the original kernel to mach_backup and en mach_test to mach_kernel

ps: Thanks for the tips HAGAR

It's not compeltely like that. .. the script certainly moves the kernel.

I've downloaded manuallly the new kernel, renamed it to "mach_test" then chmod and chown'd it .

The a reboot and pressing F8 to get my bootmenu.

i typed "mach_test" their to test my new kernel.

everything worked so when i was in osx again i moved the original kernel to mach_backup and en mach_test to mach_kernel

ps: Thanks for the tips HAGAR

More Easy.....use Onyx, on Parameters, Show hidden files....so, now you can copy or delete your actual Kernel, paste the new one.....and end with Disk Utility and repair Permissions...rebot, that's it.

By