"The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" - Help Please

Frank Nitty

83 posts in this topic

the  date & time was  adjusted at bios setting which was reflected in clover bootup verbose mode but still got  osinstall.mpkg error.... attached my new install log today

Nov 13 22:46:50 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[548]: Failed to locate volume with UUID 796BC8A1-B312-41F4-8CAD-72966737CAAD

Nov 13 22:46:50 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[548]: Mutable product: Looking for automation file at (null)

Find no /macOS Install Data/ this time.

It seems your HDD does not work right. check your hdd, and use createinstallmedia to create installer.

i used install disk creator 

before i used creatinstallmedia the same thing happened so i shifted to install disk creator which install in one click only

You should boot USB installer to install stage-1 to your target partition to create /macOS Install Data/.

You can't copy it from another partition.

i recreate the install osx using createinstallmedia no luck still got this error...yes i boot  usb installer reformat the ssd hdd to apfs and install then reboot for 2nd part still got this osinstall.mpkg error... i remember when i upgrade my dell 7559uhd from 10.12.6 to 10.3.1 . still got this error so i decided to clean install 10.13.1 but unfortunately still  stuck with the 2nd part osinstall.mpkg......i have installed 10.3.1 desktop,, dell 7348 sucessfully...

i followed ur instruction by expanding the installeid.dmg copy the package folder to macos install data  folder(installation folder of the hdd)and within macos install data folder i created system/installation/package ... lastly copy the osinstall.mpkg to macos insta;; data folder still got this error osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing...i also used latest fake smc.kext (oct 17,2017).. no enumeriable.efi in uefi64 folder use the latest clover bootloader, and clover configurator...i am using dell 7559 uhd... i didn't encountered this problem when i installed 10.12.6...please help..i am runningout of options

As previously explained by @fusion71au here it should to work on ur case, or U may try start from scratch again:

1. Prepare 2 (two) USB FlashDisks

2. Re-create bootable macOS hSierra on 1st FlashDisk (GPT) with CreateInstallMedia or another GUI apps version (one of them is BootBuddy)

3. Install Clover v2.4k r4297 on 2nd FlashDisk: without EmuVariable~ and also w/o rc.script (for succeeded install purpose only)

4. Regenerate SMBios datas using latest Clover Configurator v4.55.0 depends on ur mach specs and leave all values there as default (don't touch, including FF, FFM..)

5. Place ur 3rd party kexts on ".../kexts/Other" folder (on my case, it' s enough with FakeSMC & PS2Controller only)

6. With 2 FlashDisks plugged in; reboot mach with 2nd FlashDisk (Clover), but select the 1st (Install macOS High Sierra) to proceed with installation

7. Wait till install succeeded and good luck.

FYi since hSierra DP1 up to 10.13.2 Beta, this method works for me. But I only use one 8GB USB FlashDisk for Clover + macOS Installer with createinstallmedia (which I think is best method). I even use Windows to create retail hSierra installer and it also works with no OSInstaller.mpkg error (although, need to replace /Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework using a running mac due to symlink issue with TransMac).

But if above method doesn't work for you, du no why? Have U checked ur macOS installer for corruption issue, or need to redownload it? How if using another USB FlashDisk with different port?  :)

• Like 1

Your suggestion for two flash disk plugin and reboot but choose install macos sierra. Is this trick for 2nd part installatiin to bypass osinstall.mpkg error for the first part i still has to use single flash drive with two partition -clover efi and install macos high sierra app

osinstall.mpkg is either missing or damaged in high sierra 2nd part installation error--solved

take note of the bios setting date and time must be of current then proceed to target drive root directory macos install data folder look for osinstallattr.plist using plist pro editor-- edit the line<key>IAEndDate</key>
<date>2017-11-9T04:17:08Z</date>
replace . the date &time stamp with the bios date and time then reboot the 2nd part of high sierra installation will proceed without any osintall.mpkg error..take note use fakesmc.kext (oct 17,2017),remove emuvariable. efi from ueffi 64 folder , use latest clover bootloader , generate new simbios definition using latest clover configurator--for clover efi partition usb installer

• Like 2

Your suggestion for two flash disk plugin and reboot but choose install macos sierra. Is this trick for 2nd part installatiin to bypass osinstall.mpkg error for the first part i still has to use single flash drive with two partition -clover efi and install macos high sierra app

I was able to update by transfrering the macOS Install Data to a USB flash drive and then redownloaidng the update through AppStore on main drive and using the main drive EFI clover to boot. Successfully in 13.2 ver 3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As stubborn as I was to avoid the inevitable, it sucks that the only way I was able to update to macOS 10.13.1 was by downloading the High Sierra app again from the App store then recreating another boot drive and installing a fresh new OS when I had already installed 10.13.0 on another partition.

try to read here

@Sherlocks is helping to solve this problem

Based on what I seen, looks more like he's going through the motions of trial and error, and no concrete solution. However if you don't mind, keep me posted on whether there's a positive result at some point in the coming future.

@Sherlocks thank you so much for looking into this issue for those of us unlucky enough to encounter it. I saw you encountered the issue yourself and committed a fix for it in Clover r4334. It also looks like we don't have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or nvram.plist anymore either to update! :D

Is there anything we have to do after updating to r4334 or is it automatic and will just work from there on out?

Again, thanks a lot! :)

@Sherlocks thank you so much for looking into this issue for those of us unlucky enough to encounter it. I saw you encountered the issue yourself and committed a fix for it in Clover r4334. It also looks like we don't have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or nvram.plist anymore either to update! :D

Is there anything we have to do after updating to r4334 or is it automatic and will just work from there on out?

Again, thanks a lot! :)

Hi

No need extra behavior. Just update like update of sierra. Don't worry.

If you still have a issue, tell me.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

1. Download Clover r4334 from here and install it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329143-pre-release-macos-high-sierra-10132/page-19?do=findComment&comment=2544466

2. Delete the macOS Install Data folder/files from the root directory.

3. Redownload the 10.13.2 update and try again (it probably helps if you download the combo update - I do so I don't need to redownload anything).

It *should* work this time, but you need to be using Clover r3443 and above where the issue is fixed.

• Like 1

1. Download Clover r4334 from here and install it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329143-pre-release-macos-high-sierra-10132/page-19?do=findComment&comment=2544466

2. Delete the macOS Install Data folder/files from the root directory.

3. Redownload the 10.13.2 update and try again (it probably helps if you download the combo update - I do so I don't need to redownload anything).

It *should* work this time, but you need to be using Clover r3443 and above where the issue is fixed.

Hi

No need extra behavior. Just update like update of sierra. Don't worry.

If you still have a issue, tell me.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

It did not work for me, have any other ideas? I can not get in into Fusion Drive HD, the clover does not find the boot. I'm just getting into the test HD.
Neither the new installer I made from 10.13.2 on a flash drive wants to enter.
Have something I can try?

What worked for me regarding this OSInstall.mpkg problem I encountered while upgrading 10.13.2 :

- have Lilu updated to 1.2.1 and have Lilu plugins updated

- have the most recent version of Clover (r4334 at the time of writing)

- have the version of apfs.efi for 10.13.2

- and remove the installer.failurerequests file that previous installation attempts left over at the root of the disk

• Like 1