ASUS P8Z68V-PRO REV1.0 PROBELM INSTALLING SIERRA

newsman1

227 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have been testing AptioMemoryFix.efi r15 on my IvyBridge rig and I have been reading your conversations, last night I discovered that I had the same issues as @newsman1 has been having in post #190 and the symptoms he described in post #178. System had so many lags so I switched back OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and the system is performing normally and the lags are fixed.

I think the AptioMemoryFix.efi is causing the problem on older rigs.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have been testing AptioMemoryFix.efi r15 on my IvyBridge rig and I have been reading your conversations, last night I discovered that I had the same issues as @newsman1 has been having in post #190 and the symptoms he described in post #178. System had so many lags so I switched back OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and the system is performing normally and the lags are fixed.

I think the AptioMemoryFix.efi is causing the problem on older rigs.

yes i think so because all the new setting i tried it cause my system to be very logy and slow and for a couple of times the computer would just shuts down.

so i did put it back to my old setting and every thing runs smooth now. i still have the restart error thou

• Like 1

yes i think so because all the new setting i tried it cause my system to be very logy and slow and for a couple of times the computer would just shuts down.

so i did put it back to my old setting and every thing runs smooth now. i still have the restart error thou

Just use the folder that Mald0n has sent you, remove the AptioMemoryFix.efi and add the OsxAptioFix3Drv and test.

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

ok so finally I got the time work on my hack again.

I did replace clover folder and I'm using OsxAptioFix3Drv right now, this is the new ioreg file with the new changes can you please check it and let me know 

​and I also used the run me app to give you new reading with new setting

Newsman’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Send me Newsmans-iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

ok so finally I got the time work on my hack again.

I did replace clover folder and I'm using OsxAptioFix3Drv right now, this is the new ioreg file with the new changes can you please check it and let me know 

​and I also used the run me app to give you new reading with new setting

looks good

slow system is gone after change driver?

run geekbench and check score

I just had a complete freeze and I had to do a complete shut down, and I had stop sign at restart I guess that because OsxAptioFix3Drv (I'm not sure) any ways I had to use slide=128 to get back to my hack

​and now I'm using these drivers let me if that is ok

post-288845-0-53687600-1519345522_thumb.png

• Like 1

I just had a complete freeze and I had to do a complete shut down, and I had stop sign at restart I guess that because OsxAptioFix3Drv (I'm not sure) any ways I had to use slide=128 to get back to my hack

​and now I'm using these drivers let me if that is ok

csm video is a dangerous driver

I also removed genericxhci kext and I will be testing my hack for the next couple of days and I will let you konw

I also run the geekbench I got the score for both the CPU & GPU let me know if its ok or not

looks good ;)

test some days and let me know

Hi MaLd0n,

First I want to say thank you for all the help I got from you, now my hack works fine no lagging and speed is good, restart error gone.

I just need your help with 3 more thing bluetooth, sleep problem, USB 3.0 ports

for bluetooth I'm using Asus BT211 I know its an old one but the only way I can get this to work is I have to get my beats to be paired with windows first and restart to my hack and then it works with my hack but with limitation like I don't have the Handoff option on my system preference/ general.

for the sleep problem I did tried a couple of time and all what I had to do is use my mouse to wake but that was right a way. but now If I leave my hack all night and want to wake the computer it does not work and I have to do a complete shutdown to restart again.

because I removed the genericxhci kext so all the 3.0 ports are not working, on my MB they used AS Media controller for the 3.0 ports, is there anything else that we can do to get this going 

​thanks again 

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

I got the bluetooth problem fixed I went and buy the IOGEAR micro USB adapter GBU521W6 and it worked out of the box no problem

I just need your help with

1. Sleep problem

2. USB 3.0 ports

I know you are a busy man and I can see that you are helping pretty much every one on this forum

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MaLd0n,

i have been reading a lot about handoff and continuity and i would like to test this on my system so i have been looking for a board that will give me BT/WIFI and i found this card https://www.ebay.ca/itm/112645985234?ul_noapp=true
do you have an advice for me, will this board be ok or I need to do anything else like adding a patch or kexts.

I did purchased this board and it should arrive some time this week

thanks in advance

Hi MaLd0n,

I just received my board today and I did installed with no problems the got recognized OOB no problem and what it says for the WIFI

Software Versions:
  CoreWLAN:    13.0 (1339)
  CoreWLANKit:    13.0 (1339)
  Menu Extra:    13.0 (1345)
  System Information:    12.0 (1300.1)
  IO80211 Family:    12.0 (1200.12.2)
  Diagnostics:    1.0 (805)
  AirPort Utility:    6.3.8 (638.5)
  Interfaces:
en5:
  Card Type:    AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x133)
  Firmware Version:    Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.5.1a3)
  MAC Address:    ac:bc:32:84:f4:8b
  Locale:    FCC
  Country Code:    X0
  Supported PHY Modes:    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Supported Channels:    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
  Wake On Wireless:    Supported
  AirDrop:    Supported
  AirDrop Channel:    0
  Auto Unlock:    Supported

and this what it says for the bluetooth 

Address:    ac-bc-32-84-f4-8c
  Bluetooth Low Energy Supported:    Yes
  Handoff Supported:    Yes
  Instant Hot Spot Supported:    Yes
  Manufacturer:    Broadcom
  Transport:    USB
  Chipset:    20703A1
  Firmware Version:    v153 c4801
  Bluetooth Power:    On
  Discoverable:    Off
  Connectable:    Yes
  Auto Seek Pointing:    On
  Remote wake:    On
  Vendor ID:    0x05AC
  Product ID:    0x8290
  HCI Version:    4.2 (0x8)
  HCI Revision:    0x12C1
  LMP Version:    4.2 (0x8)
  LMP Subversion:    0x2199
  Device Type (Major):    Computer
  Device Type (Complete):    Mac Desktop
  Composite Class Of Device:    0x380104
  Device Class (Major):    0x01
  Device Class (Minor):    0x01
  Service Class:    0x1C0
  Auto Seek Keyboard:    On

the wifi is working and the bluetooth also working fine.

but I can not get Continuity, handoff and air drop to work, do I still need to use kext you have on your post above and use the Continuity Activation Tool also 

can you please help me with this Untitled.png.95db43f0e1e87e0644e27b2ab1ba5c25.png

• Like 1

ok this is an update

airdrop works fine, even when I have safari open and I go share that page with I Mac it does open the page on my hackintosh 

Continuity, handoff works from iMac to iPhone but I can not get it to work from iPhone to iMac

any advice please

thank you 

Edited by newsman1
  • Like 1