ASUS P8Z68V-PRO REV1.0 PROBELM INSTALLING SIERRA

newsman1

227 posts in this topic

unfortunately the ALLUSB file is unusable as you can see it doesn't show any USB 3.0 devices detected.

Can you do something else.

I need you to remove GenericUSBXHCI kext and add the USBInjectAll.kext and save those two IOReg files and send the results back to me.

Update:

Your ASmedia USB 3.0 port's ID is not present in the custom-SSDT-UIAC template, we have two options.

Option 1: Try using the following kext that I attached.

Option 2: I change the device ID in the template with yours and hope for it to work.

Try option 1 and see if it makes any difference and let me know.

Use the mxHC without using the genericUSBXHCI and USBInjectAll.

add these ACPI fixes to your config.plist using clover configurator.

change EHC1 to EH01

change EHC2 to EH02

change XHC1 to XHC

post-1011040-0-66422200-1504284406_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-31164600-1504284414_thumb.png

mXHCD.kext.zip

I have the IOJones reading if that will work let me know please

thanks

no it does not 

send me your iojones file as well. this file is the same.

Also send me the latest EFI folder that you are using. I want to make sure everything is in place. Remove Apple folders and themes.

I have 4 USB 3.0 devices plugged in to the USB 3.0 ports and all are not working 

I did I speed test on the 2.0 ports with a 2.0 USB device

I'm sorry man. The Asmedia controller is more challenging than I thought. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help you with this. There's someone that has a somewhat similar mobo like yours (Asus p8z77-v pro) with Asmedia USB controller. I will ask him how he activated all his USB 3.0 ports and I will let you know.

This is his EFI folder may be you can test it and see if makes a difference.

EFI 2.zip

I did try the EFI folder but that was big no go, may be I did not know how to customize it for my board properly because I could not get back to my Sierra installation and I had to use Sierra install USB to get back so what I did right now is I put back every thing to my Owen EFI folder and my Owen config.plist and I also put back GenericUSBXHCI.kext again and the 3.0 USB port are working but they are recognized as storage device 

​and I did a speed test this what I got 

post-288845-0-24927000-1504306838_thumb.jpeg

Ok man, I asked my friend about his ASmedia controller and he said that he disabled it and he is just using Intel USB controller on his board.

There are several topics in here that discuss ASmedia USB 3.0 controller you can check them out and see if you can find a way to use on your board.

Cheers.

yes I've been reading about it too and it's a pain.

I have one small problem left and that is the audio

it's working fine when I'm running iTunes but and try to play .mkv file or even 1080p videos on youtube the audio starts to cutoff and it give me the breaking sound, is that part of the hackintosh or there is somthing could be done to fix this problem?

Thanks for all help on trying to get my ASmedia controller to work though  

• Like 1

The audio should be working without any issues.

What you need for Audio is AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext (just make sure you have the latest versions) proper Layout-ID which I believe is 1.

You can try removing the ResetHDA or adding the AFGLowPowerState and see if that resolves the issue.

:)

I did update the AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext and a I played a .mkv video and it seems to work fine now, but I will keep testing it for a few days and I will report back 

Thanks again  :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:   :thumbsup_anim:

Great :)

You're welcome ;)