MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

2,112 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Hi @MaLd0n

​I know this is a desktop thread but if you can please take a look at my system

Thanks

Mac OS 10.12.4

Laptop Model: Asus K501UX   

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U
          Socket 1168 BGA
Memory: 8G DDR3
Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 520 
               NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
               FHD Monitor
Audio & Microphone: Conexant SmartAudio HD (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_510F&SUBSYS_1043157F&REV_1001)
Touchpad: Asus Elan
Network: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265NGW
               Realtek  (PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_200F1043&REV_10)

CLOVER.zip

Diako’s MacBook Air.zip

Send me Diako’s MacBook Air.zip

back to voodoops2

thanks a lot. its work. my laptop now work more  smoother :rolleyes:

please can you send DSDT.dsl file and list of patch that you applied for me. I want to add some patch like keyboard backlights and Fn key patch.

I apply all, but i think u need the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and AsusNBFnKeys.kext

U can use same DSDT

Use acpi6,1

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.zip

original DSDT/ no errors

DSDT.dsl.zip

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-PATCHES ASUS BY EMlyDinEsH

I apply all, but i think u need the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and AsusNBFnKeys.kext

U can use same DSDT

Use acpi6,1

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.zip

original DSDT/ no errors

attachicon.gifDSDT.dsl.zip

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-PATCHES ASUS BY EMlyDinEsH

after applying Fn Key and Keyboard Backlit patches 

battery percentage, sound and brightness slider has gone :(

Fn Key Patches.txt

Keyboard Backlit 16 Level Patch.txt

Thank for this guide MaLD0n, looks very good.  I am currently running 10.11.6 on my Z97 (Stable).  All my attempts in the past to go to 10.2.x have resulted in USB 3.0 issues.  I have a spare SSD that I am going to put in my rig and attempt your steps in the post.

You have done a lot of good in helping others, and I must tip my hat to you for that!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

With that clover folder i get the Stop sign on boot (circle with line through it)

unfortunately the text showing what it died on is blurred, it gets to the pic i have attached just prior to the Stop. 

post-1224102-0-02529400-1493309975_thumb.jpg

it did not like the .command file  couldn't find kextcache nor the update_* command so i replaced the dsdt and i am back to my desktop

This is my ioreg from post replacing dsdt.aml in my clover /acpi/patch folder

My USB 3.0's are behaving better under 10.11.6 since I used your CLOVER folder!   That is awesome!

xEclipse2's iMac.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Luan Eduardo
      Installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on Gigabyte Z370N WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630

Changelog:

10/17/2018 08:12h GMT-0
      - Fix Kexts permissions commands adjusted.
      - Removed FrameBuffer patch that is not needed.
      - Added audio solution and HDMI.
      - Unfortunately DisplayPort does not work.
      - Replaced Wifi/BT with DW1560 (BCM94352Z)

10/11/2018 04:15h GMT-0
      - Added USB 3.0 patch.
      - Adjusted some steps.
      - Changed text formatting.

10/11/2018 03:42h GMT-0
      - Added missing UEFI configuration.

10/07/2018 00:36h GMT-0
      - First version.

What works and what does not

- Processor ->  Work. All SpeedStep stages.
      - Video Card ->  Work. QE/CI and Metal.
      - Chipset ->  Work.
      - HDMI (1st) ->  Work.
      - HDMI (2nd) ->  Work.
      - DP ->  Not work.
      - Audio ->  Work.
      - HDMI Audio ->  Work.
      - WiFi/Bluetooth ->  Work. Replaced.
      - Ethernet (1st) ->  Work.
      - Ethernet (2nd) ->  Not work.
      - USB3.0 ->  Work.
      - Sleep ->  Work.

Todo

- Make audio work.
      - Make HDMI audio work.
      - Test DisplayPort.
      - Make second ethernet work.
      - Replace Wifi/Bluetooth.

What you need to install

- Running install of macOS
      - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
      - macOS Mojave install app
      - Clover EFI
      - Clover Configurator
      - Some KEXTs

How create create the install flash drive

Prepare install flash drive

Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".

- Open Disk Utility.
      - Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
      - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
      - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Create install flash drive

Open terminal and run this command:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ .app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install--nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.

Install bootloader

Download the CloverEFI (used 4674) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":

- Install for UEFI booting only
      - Install Clover in the ESP
      - UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64
      - UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix64

Make things works

Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop. Edit the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist inside this new partition, open with Clover Configurator (used 5.2.1.0)

Full UHD630 Acceleration

config.plist (Clover Configurator): 

- Uncheck: Acpi - Fixes - FixDisplay
      - Uncheck: Acpi - Fixes - AddHDMI

- Change value: Gui - Screen Resolution to 3840x2160 (Your screen resolution, mine is 4k)
      - Change value: Rt Variables - CsrActiveConfig to 0x3
      - Select value: SMBIOS - Up/Down arrows - iMac18,1 - Intel Core i5-7360U @ 2.30Ghz (I know, it's not our processor, but is that option)

Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/

- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.7.
      - Download the WhateverGreen.kext. I used the version 1.2.3.RELEASE.

All USBs (2.0, 3.0, Type-C, internal)

- Add value: Kernel and Kext Patches - KextsToPatch:
                       Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
                       Find* [HEX]: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
                       Replace* [HEX]: 83FB0F90 90909090 90
                       Comment: disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit PMHeart)
                       MathOS: 10.14.x

Sleep/Wake

- Check: Boot - Arguments - dart=0

Audio onboard and HDMI

- Change: Device - Audio Injection - layout-id to 7

- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.7. (already installed above)
      - Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.2.

Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)

- Download the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1014.
      - Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.

Mandatory Kexts

- Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915.
      - Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0424.

Put the Clover installer on the flash drive too.

Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).

How install

UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation

UEFI configuration

- Shutdown and insert the flash.
      - Power on with DEL pressed to enter BIOS setup.
      - Change value: Periphelrals - Initial Display to IGP
      - Change value: Periphelrals - USB Configuration - XHCI Hand-off to ENABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - VT-d to DISABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - Internal Graphics to ENABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128M
      - Change value: Chipset - Wake On Lan to DISABLE
      - Save & Exit Setup

- Now, hold the F12
      - In the list, select your flash drive.
      - It will show twice. One with UEFI prefix and another without.
      - Select with UEFI prefix. Ie.: "UEFI: Sandisk Cruzer"

The installer will start. 

Format destination disk

Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "HD".

- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
      - Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
      - Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
      - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Close Disk Utility.

Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
      Follow instructions in screen.

After install

After first part install the system will reboot.

The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.

Post installation

Install bootloader

When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.

After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.

Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.

Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.

Now you need to replace the config.plist inside your destination disk EFI parittion with config.plist inside flash card EFI partition.

The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.

Last step

Copy all Kexts from flash drive to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
      sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel sudo kextcache -system-caches Restart the system.

It's done!

And last but not least

I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
      @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas and all others members involved directly or indirectly.

• By FrankWalter
      Bello everyone, when I start the installation of macos high sierra I get the error in the title, I use the distro of niresh in legacy mode. Reading many posts I saw that many advised to set FixHeaders in true, ignoring the fact that it was already so I think it does not make any effect because as I'm in legacy mode use chameleon, however I am attached I leave the error screen and below the specifications of my pc.

HP Proliant DL380 Gen 7
      2 x Intel Xeon E5620
      RAM 24 GB ddr3 1066
      Raid controller hp p410i with 8 SAS 72 gb 10k (I get the error also without this)
      Amd rx 470 (I get the error also with integrated)
      Integrated USB 2.0
      4 x Intel gigabit Ethernet (I get the error also without these)

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)

• By am_yvr
      Asus Prime B360M-A or Asus Prime H310M-E :

Which of these two motherboards would give less hassle in a Hackintosh build - requiring fewer after install fixes/updates to get everything working in Mojave or High Sierra?

These are the only two Asus models that I can afford, fit the form factor in my build, and already have had a BIOS upgrade by Asus to 9th-generation - if I want to replace the CPU with an i9 in the future (for now I'll be using i7-8700 or even i3-8350k but I want to future proof a bit)

Thanks guys!