ssdtGen - custom generated SSDTs (x99/z170/z97/h97 systems)

mfc88

203 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

ssdtGen script is now ssdtGenApp! For now, same functionality as the script, but instead a user-friendly Mac OS app! 
4QhG8kp.png
How to download:
You can download the latest version of ssdtGenApp to your Desktop by entering the following command in a terminal window:

cd ~/Desktop && curl -O -L https://github.com/mattcarlotta/ssdtGenApp/raw/master/ssdtGenApp.zip

Then, unzip the ssdtGenApp.zip file and double click the sddtGen.app to run it (does NOT need to be installed in the Applications folder)

• Like 5

Just had a look at the APP. Great work mate, looks great.

Should i remove my custom SSDT's and rerun with updated app?

Also for my HDMI audio i use the attached SSDT generated from audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command and it works every time.

Maybe this can help, maybe not.

1. No. Same script, just has a GUI.

2. The GFX1 and PEG0 SSDTs are very similar. As mentioned before, the only factor is how the audio driver is loaded. With that said, nothing wrong with patching appleHDA (what the toleda script does) in the short term, but it'll break every time you upgrade.

1. No. Same script, just has a GUI.

2. The GFX1 and PEG0 SSDTs are very similar. As mentioned before, the only factor is how the audio driver is loaded. With that said, nothing wrong with patching appleHDA (what the toleda script does) in the short term, but it'll break every time you upgrade.

It isn't patching applehda, Just enables hdmi audio. I updated tonight to latest beta no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It isn't patching applehda, Just enables hdmi audio. I updated tonight to latest beta no issues.

From looking at the source, it patches AppleHDA via Clover patches. 

Also, the generated SSDT is using layout 1, not layout 5.

One thing I am noticing that's different is that it's setting PEGP to 0x0F instead of removing the device... Let's try this GFX1.aml...

SSDT-GFX1.aml 2.zip

so that network error is because 1-6 steps? joking

so that network error is because 1-6 steps? joking

Make sure you have an active internet connection. It's attempting to download IASL from Github, but failing because it can't establish a connection (make sure your connection is "en0" and not "en1"). If you have an internet connection, but are still getting errors, you can download it manually and copy it to usr/bin or usr/local/bin

ssdtGen.App -Everything is working.

I didn't make an  Custom SSDT-NVME, I don't have the necessary devices.

Asus Z-170m-plus, I-6600k,GT-740ddr5-2gb,UEFI Clover,OS X _10.12.4

attachicon.gifssdtGenApp_debug_output.txt.zip

No reported IASL errors, should be fine. Since you're using a z170, let me know if you have any graphics/sound issues.

IMHO why not patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, it's universal for all SMBios...

This one should be what you want. ;)

Definitely an option. Just want to eliminate as many potential dynamic variables as possible (breaks after updating because AGDP was altered/updated).

I've also had a user report that the patch made his graphics a bit "choppy," during log in. 

• Like 1

Definitely an option. Just want to eliminate as many potential dynamic variables as possible (breaks after updating because AGDP was altered/updated).

Ah no in this case. This section we patched is the 3rd argument of a function which unfortunately I've entirely forgotten. It should be always "mov edx, 0x5" instruction. And that's why we just patch such few bytes - it's really hard for Apple/compilers to change anything.

As far as I know. This mechanism was firstly introduced in 10.9.3 Beta, and the patch is still not changed. (Always "mov edx, 0x5" -> "mov edx, 0")

• Like 1

Make sure you have an active internet connection. It's attempting to download IASL from Github, but failing because it can't establish a connection (make sure your connection is "en0" and not "en1"). If you have an internet connection, but are still getting errors, you can download it manually and copy it to usr/bin or usr/local/bin

No reported IASL errors, should be fine. Since you're using a z170, let me know if you have any graphics/sound issues.

BTW its active and it's en0

BTW its active and it's en0

Try this command in a terminal window:

curl -o /usr/local/bin/iasl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mattcarlotta/ssdtGen/master/tools/iasl

Small update:

Moved IASL to ssdtGenApp repo, removed title bar from ssdtGenApp window, updated ssdtGenApp launch icon, added popup alerts for incorrect NVME options, and added more information to the error reporting guidelines.

Update: Removing the title bar from the app, breaks the entire app. Reverted back to titled until I can find a solution!

• Like 1

Looks like you're not the only one who has audio loss issues. I'm having another z170 user test out the modified GFX1 SSDT. If it turns out to be a permanent fix, I'll be updating the script. 

Looks like you're not the only one who has audio loss issues. I'm having another z170 user test out the modified GFX1 SSDT. If it turns out to be a permanent fix, I'll be updating the script. 

Sorry for the delay.

Archive.zip

3rd reboot was the same as 2nd.

1st reboot had hdmi audio.

4th reboot had hdmi audio.

Sorry for the delay.

attachicon.gifArchive.zip

3rd reboot was the same as 2nd.

1st reboot had hdmi audio.

4th reboot had hdmi audio.

Now is Toledas SSDT 1000% consistent or are you getting loss of audio as well?

I'll add it back in and do 5 reboots with a ioreg after each.

EDIT: nevvermind, adding the SSDT back in didnt activate HDMI audio.

Took quite a few reboots to get it back again.

It's still hit and miss but this is ioreg when working.

Shane's iMac.zip