Welcome to InsanelyMac.com - No more ads! And some exciting news... Read more... ×
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra on Gigabyte GA H110M-S2 / DSDT

146 posts in this topic

20151106112558_big.png

First...
If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake...
-Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen)
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generated in your desktop
gathering.gif
Installation

--Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra
Check out the link

--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra
Check out the link

--Paste my EFI folder into EFI partition 

--Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!

Post Installation

--Paste my EFI folder into EFI partition 

--Reboot and activate video!

-Nvidia WebDriver Sierra
-Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra
-Cuda

--DSDT
My DSDT with Skylake patches

Patches
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

ENJOY!

Ofc

The mobo is low price but amazin'.

Sleep, etc etc. All is fine.

DSDT + SSDT pike + Kexts inside folder ;)

Thanks, appreciated your job and fast answer.

hi everybody.

I've some question about this topic.

1) how's possible to use this MB to make an Hackintosh... without HDMI and DVI??  :surprised:

2) more important for me: I had a similar MB (h110m-S2H with hdmi and dvi) and installed my Hack without problems. I bought a new one (and i bought the same RAM, processor, ssd, etc...) for a friend but it has F20 BIOS instead F4 of the previous.  It does not wont boot!!! No way.  :(

What can I do? SSDT way? or Clover? (Gigabyte says that I can't downgrade BIOS to F4...)

Thanks for your help.

m.

boot with usb stick and send me files

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

up here if u have problem

My Config.

Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2

I am using msi nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti 

Bios F20

Sir,

I installed Mac Sierra 10.12 and I installed WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg 

My config.plist

nada_drv=1. dart=0 inject kexts=Yes

inject System Id=Yes

NvidiaWeb=Yes 

But Still booting Graphics Disabled showing Graphics Display 7 MB

Sir Please Help me

My Config.

Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2

I am using msi nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti 

Intel Core i5 -6500 CPU

Bios F20

Sir,

I installed Mac Sierra 10.12.5 and I installed WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01.pkg

Graphics Card is Detected but Memory is showing 0 MB and installed sound driver  ALC887/888b but no sound output device is detecting 

Sir Please Help me, I am attaching my clover folder with generated table by using F4 Key 

CLOVER.zip

• Similar Content

• By plexiputer
      I'm happy to do some Gigabyte 100 / 200 / 300 DSDT edits , just as long as that's cool with MaLd0n.
    • By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

El Capitan 10.11.6 -> Big Sur 11 - Windows 10

What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound (all ports) USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) ASUS HyperKit and M.2 with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB Hardware decoding/encoding on both HD 530 and RX 5700 (HD 530 up to HEVC, RX 5700 at the time of writing VP9) iGPU only (with QuickSync) is used in the default config.plist To use dGPU for hw decode/encode and also use Intel QuickSync you need to start with "config_headless.plist" This will use iMac17,2 SMBIOS and shikigva=80 To use dGPU only boot with "config_amd.plist" also disable iGPU completely in BIOS. This will use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS without iGPU System Integrity Protection is Enabled by default. If you need to boot with SIP disabled you may use "config_debug.plist" or disable it manually in Clover settings. If you want Enabled SIP but with allowing unsigned kexts you may boot with "CsrActiveConfig = 0x01"  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: (This is for HD 530 in headless) Primary Display: Auto (to use dGPU only this must be PEG) iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled (to use dGPU only this must be Disabled) RC6(Render Standby): Enabled (to use dGPU only this must be Disabled) DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5126): Click here -> Z170-DELUXE_Clover_v5126.zip (Tested: El Capitan 10.11.6 -> macOS Big Sur 11.0.1)  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia, gibMacOS - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager, gibMacOS) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

El Capitan 10.11.6

Sierra 10.12.6

High Sierra 10.13.6

Mojave 10.14.6

Catalina 10.15.7

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Useful Applications for Mac:
      EFI Mountain Show -> To easily mount your EFI Clover Configurator -> To easily manage your config.plist https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/ PlistEditPro -> Advanced plist editor https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/ iStat Menus -> To monitoring your devices https://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/ Boom 3D -> To significantly increase your audio quality https://www.globaldelight.com/boom/ TextMate -> a basic code editor just like Notepad++ on Windows https://macromates.com Modified Wineskin to run basic Windows 32-bit or 64-bit (or DX9 games) applications on Catalina -> https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/fobx5t/i_didnt_want_to_boot_windows_every_time_when_i/ MaciASL -> View/Edit your .aml, .dsl files https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/ Hackintool -> All useful info, tools in one place https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool IORegistryExplorer V2.1 -> To view your IO tables https://github.com/vulgo/IORegistryExplorer/releases/tag/v2.1 App Cleaner -> To delete your apps with caches https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ Intel Power Gadget -> To see your frequencies https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget Carbon Copy Cloner -> Advanced macOS drive backup utility https://bombich.com Commander One ->A Total Commander alternative for macOS https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html  
      Useful Applications for Windows:
      Total Commander -> To easily manage EFI https://www.ghisler.com gibMacOS -> A python script for downloading/creating macOS Internet Recovery USB from Windows (working internet is needed when installing) https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS mountvol b: /s -> To mount your system drive EFI
      EasyUEFI -> To manage boot orders and any bootloaders with ease https://www.easyuefi.com/index.html
      MiniTool Partition Wizard -> To mount your USB EFI, and manage other drives https://www.minitool.com/partition-manager/
      Notepad++ -> Basic code editor for all type of files https://notepad-plus-plus.org

Notes:
      According to @albertoacj's comment Sidecar is only working in headless iGPU mode when using an AMD GPU, keep that in mind No need to change anything inside Clover from El Capitan to Big Sur For macOS Mojave and older you might need the full AirPortBrcmFixup.kext for full WiFi support   
      Changelog:
      2020.11.12: Noticed that the CPU is always at 4200 Mhz, created an SSDT for proper CPU stepping. Updated to Big Sur release version, updated bootpack
      2020.11.03: Tested El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
      2020.11.01: Updated bootpack to Clover v5126, ready for macOS 11 Big Sur final release
      2020.04.23: Corrected layout-id to use all audio ports, updated bootpack
      2020.04.22: Deleted unnecessary boot-args, can boot without any custom boot-args (except agdpmod=pikera for RX 5700), updated bootpack
      2020.04.20: Deleted unnecessary lines from config.plist, updated bootpack
      2020.04.17: Replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC because FakeSMC is outdated (to see your frequencies use Intel Power Gadget) -> Removed unnecessary kexts, Updated all necessary kexts, updated Clover to v5112, updated bootpack, enabled SIP, deleted bootcamp theme
      2020.03.26: Updated to 10.15.4 -> Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu -> Updated Clover to v5107
      2020.03.23: Removed "EmuVariableUefi.efi" -> deleted, caused false nvram map, now it's native, updated Clover to v5106
      2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By 5T33Z0
      Background: Since the Pre-Release of Clover v5123, OpenCore Momory Fixes have been integrated into Clover in the form of OpenRuntime.efi. It replaces previous AptioMemory Fixes. Since v5126 AptioMemoryFixes are obsolete and no longer supported, so an upgrade to v5126 is mandatory in order to be able to install and boot macOS BigSur with Clover.

This guide is for everyone trying to update to the latest Clover version or having issues while updating from previous versions, so they can install and run BigSur on their Machines. While updating to the latest iteration of Clover, there are several obstacles one can come across along the way. This guide is here to assist users trying to make the switch from the "old" Clover version with AptioMemory Fixes to the new one with OpenRuntime and Quirks Settings in CloverConfigurator.

Problem: If you update your existing Clover installation by either installing the clover.pkg file or manually updating it the way you used to this will most likely result in an inoperable bootlader due to missing boot parameters.

Approach: In order to avoid the dilemma of your system not wanting to boot, you have to know that the following files are obsolete and are no longer necessary, so they should eiither be disbabled/deleted when updating Clover from a built prior to v 5123 or omitted altogether when setting up a new EFI Folder:

AptioMemoryFixes: AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and everyhing else containing "memoryfix". Unnecessary Drivers (for UEFI-based Systems): DataHubDxe.efi – enables DataHub Protocol Support if it is missing from the BIOS. Modern UEFI BIOSes support this. So it's probably only necessary for Legacy Systems. FSInject.efi – For Kext-Injecttion. But pretty much obsolete since it's fully integrated in Clover nowadays. Might be necessary for Legacy Systems, though. SMCHelper.efi – Necessary when using FakeSMC.kext and ONLY FakeSMC. If you use it in combination with VirtualSMC.efi, it leads to an instant Kernel Panics. So, in other words: when using VirtualSMC – which is higly recommended over FakeSMC – DON'T use SMCHelper, use it in conjunction with VirtulSMC.efi (although unnecessary in most cases). EmuVariableUefi.efi – necessary for emulating NVRAM, if NVRAM is either not available (legacy systems) or working incorrectly. OcQuirks.efi and OcQuirks.plist – delete if present. OcQuirks is a relict from earlier attempts to include OpenCore Booter Quirks into Clover up until version 5122. Incompatible Kexts – wherever possible, you should use the latest available kexts provided by acidanthera (one of the devs behind OpenCore). Because incompatible Kexts are a source for Kernel Panics. I had an issue with my Laptop where VoodooPS2Controller.kext would cause a kernel Panic when used alongside VoodooPS2Mouse.kext, VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext. At the time I updated clover from 5122 to 5123, I didn't know that these 3 kexts are now includes as plugins inside of VoodooPS2Controller, so having them twice would cause a panic.

In general, having Kexts wich have depedencies to oher kexts can cause a KernelPanic if not loaded in the correct order. In OpenCore, you can and have to set up the correct loading order of kexts manually by yourself, but in Clover only a few essential kexts like Lilu and Fake/VirtualSMC are hard-coded in, so they are always loaded first. It took me a while to figure this out. So when you update Clover and you are using lot of Kexts (usually on Laptops), try to update all Kexts first using Kext-Updater which is incredibly useful tool to download all sorts of bootloader-related files, have a look inside of them so see if they include more kexts as plugins and make sure nothing is present twice – HID, Wifi and Bluetooth kexts come to mind here. If you get panics you can not isolate, just move all unnecessary kexts to the "off" folder to temporarily to work around the issue by starting with a minimal set up to get the system running. Then put the disabled kexts back one by one to find the culprit for the panic.  
      Updating your EFI

Prepare an USB Stick. Format it to FAT32 (MBR). We'll use it for testing our updated EFI Folder first, before copying it to the ESP on the HDD. Download the latest Clover Release  as a .zip archive for a manual update (currently "CloverV2-5126.zip"): https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases Extract the .zip. We'll create our EFI based on the one insides of it. Have a look at the "EFI > Clover > drivers > off > UEFI" Folder – you find the following Files: Copy the following files over to EFI > Clover > drivers > UEFI: ApfsDriverLoader.efi, VBoxHfs.efi and OpenRuntime.efi Now we have a minimal set of Drivers which looks like shown below. The files tagged in gray are in the drivers Folder by defautl and are most likely unnecessary on UEFI-based systems. As mentioned earlier, SMCHelper MUST be deleted when using VirualSMC.kext! I would turn of each of the gray drivers one by one and chick if the system still boots without them.
      Next, copy over your kexts (updated to the latest available version, of course), your ACPI > patched folder and your config.plist form your existing EFI Folder Open CloverConfigurator and update it to the latest Version. It should now include a new section at the bottom called Quirks, as mentioned earlier Now open your config.plist you copied over from your working EFI and click on "Quirks". It should look like this (without the descriptions of course):
      Head over to the OpenCore Install Guide and pick the guide for your CPU Family and Platform. Jump to the "Booter" Section. It contains all required Booter Quirks tinted green in the screenshot. Make sure to unfold the "more in-depth info" box to see what they do. Find the options for your system and tick them away in Clover Configurator. Next, jump to the "Kernel" section of Dortania's guide and copy over the settings from "Quirks" and "Scheme". Again, make sure to unfold the "more in-depth" section to find all necessary settings. NOTE: some of the settings Located in "Kernel > Quirks" have different names and are located in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of Clover Configurator. These include:

In most cases you have these set up correctly already, otherwise your system wouldn't have started before. But it's good to double check if you have settings enabled which may be unnecessary. Once you've ticked all the necessary quirks, save your configuration, copy the new EFI Folder to the root of your USB Flash Drive and try booting from it. If everything was set up correctly, the system should boot as expected. If it does boot, you can mount the ESP partition of your hard drive, backup your EFI Folder, delete it and put in the one from your USB Flash drive to make the changes permanent.  
      TROUBLESHOOTING: If you get Kernel Panics take a note of them and head over to the OpenCore Troubleshooting Guide and have a look at the "OpenCore Boot issues" and "Kernelspace Issues" sections to find your error message and possible fixes to resolve it. Another great resource to check if your Clover config is set-up correctly in general (excluding Quirks) is the Hackintosh Vanilla Desktop Guide For more info about how OpenCore differs from clover and see which settings, drivers and features are compatible, check out the Clover Conversion Guide.

Good luck!

PS: If you run into trouble after following this guide you can upload your config.plist and I can have a look at the quirks.
      PSS: When running BigSur, you need to remove the PreBoot Volume from the "Hide" Section of the GUI because if I understand correctly, BigSur requires booting from it.
      PSSS: if your system boots correctly you can upload a screenshot with your quirks with additional Info like your Board and CPU which might be helpful for other users.