Will PAY money for Audio FIX

bombice

31 posts in this topic

I’ve got a Toshiba m105-s3041 ive tried all the guides I could find on audio fix and nothing seems to work. I get the sound icon but the slider doesn’t move. I’ve checked my Vender id and device id's and everything checks out. I am almost willing to buy a USB audio card and say to hell with it. I’m offering to paypal $20 American to the user that can successfully help me get my audio working.

The audio card is a realtek HD audio dev_0861 ven_10ec

The bus driver dev_27d8 ven_8086

If you need anymore information don’t hesitate to ask.

Just look at this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...18642&st=0#

and if it does not work then try this: Ahm, look into your BIOS there are some options about sound and so on... play with these settings! I had that problem too and the BIOS helped me out!

Not that you think I only want the money :D NO! I just want to help :(

$20 bucks never hurts either ;)

Yeah thats right :D

BTW its the wrong part of the forum to post it! This Genius Bar is for Tutorials (about Mac OS).

Ah, I remember: There is an option that says something about the OS in relation to the audio! Search for this!

checked in my bios and im not seeing anything in regards to sound. Im serious about the 20.00 i will pay upon hearing sound out of my laptop. Keep the suggestions comming please. Thanks

OK OK OK....

Take a paper and write all the bios options and maybe i can say what option it is!

My notebook isn't here.... i cant look!

im pretty knowlegeable about computers casue i work in IT mac os...not so much. do you have a toshiba like mine?

not the same but the bios is the most time the same i think!

i looked at other toshiba notebooks and there was the option too!

btw i have a g30

Look at this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4634

btw i have a g30

well there really isnt much in the bios todo with sound.

heres what ive got

MAIN (editable items)

quick boot

power on display

lcd display stretch

ADVANCED

lagacy usb support

execute-disable bit compatability (whatever that means)

Dynamic cpu freq mode

built-in lan

wake on lan

wake up KB

SECURITY (noting we need should be in here)

OTHERS

low batt alarm

panel close alarm

system beep

BOOT (nothing we need is in here)

EXIT (nothing we need is in here)

i would say its a pretty basic bios

heres what ive got

MAIN (editable items)

quick boot

power on display

lcd display stretch

ADVANCED

lagacy usb support

Dynamic cpu freq mode

built-in lan

wake on lan

wake up KB

OTHERS

low batt alarm

panel close alarm

system beep

hm ok,

if the problem isn't solved at friday i will tell you what the option is!

cya and keep us informated

btw i have a g30

Look at this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4634

im trying the link provided...it look promising

im trying the link provided...it look promising

just tryed that link and followed everything word for word with no success. im gonna take a closer look

I don't know if this is going to work for you, but you can try; first, search for the AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 on this forums ( I think in "Hardware"), make a copy of yours to be safe, replace it with the one from 10.4.3, modify the information so it match your device ID and vendor ID if needed, ( you must do this on the terminal),

erase the Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext, erase the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (remember to make a copy before to be safe ), repair permissions and reboot. This work for me, I have a Realtek HDAudio, vendor ID= 10ec and device ID= 0880 and the bus driver is vendor ID= 8086 and device ID=2668, so the information in the <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> was <string>0x26688086</string>, you must change this numbers with yours, to find the ID's of the bus driver you can go to device manager on windows and under "System Devices" get the properties of " Microsoft UAA Bus Driver ". This way I get audio ( Only stereo and no line in).

Hope this help :hysterical:

I don't know if this is going to work for you, but you can try; first, search for the AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 on this forums ( I think in "Hardware"), make a copy of yours to be safe, replace it with the one from 10.4.3, modify the information so it match your device ID and vendor ID if needed, ( you must do this on the terminal),

erase the Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext, erase the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (remember to make a copy before to be safe ), repair permissions and reboot. This work for me, I have a Realtek HDAudio, vendor ID= 10ec and device ID= 0880 and the bus driver is vendor ID= 8086 and device ID=2668, so the information in the <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> was <string>0x26688086</string>, you must change this numbers with yours, to find the ID's of the bus driver you can go to device manager on windows and under "System Devices" get the properties of " Microsoft UAA Bus Driver ". This way I get audio ( Only stereo and no line in).

Hope this help ;)

i tried the guide above and it told me to delete the item applehda.kext and i couldnt find the file maybe thats my problem is that the hda file is not there and it should be

ill look and check back

i tried the guide above and it told me to delete the item applehda.kext and i couldnt find the file maybe thats my problem is that the hda file is not there and it should be

ill look and check back

Or do it this way:

goto Terminal and type:

sudo -s
*your pw*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Hope this helps!

Ah, and GOOD MORNING @ all! :)

if you've got $20 burning a hole in your pocket consider donating it to JaS or some other kind soul that's been pushing the project on

Ah, and I dont push the "project" on??

Think about that what you said! :2cents:

Ah, and I dont push the "project" on??

Think about that what you said!

mate.. what are you on about. if you want the money simply ask for it.. i never referred to any of your contributions to the whole osx86 bit [not that i'm familliar with any of them].. i just said he should donate the money to the community that helped him have his go at running the macintosh os on his pc..

sorry for the derailing

mate.. what are you on about. if you want the money simply ask for it.. i never referred to any of your contributions to the whole osx86 bit [not that i'm familliar with any of them].. i just said he should donate the money to the community that helped him have his go at running the macintosh os on his pc..

sorry for the derailing

And I said this in my first post:

Not that you think I only want the money NO! I just want to help

I took it personally, sorry! If you didn't mean it personally then lets just forget about this! :D

This is a community where the "skilled" persons should help the "nonskilled"! And I wanted to do this because I had the same problem...

This is a community where the "skilled" persons should help the "nonskilled"! And I wanted to do this because I had the same problem...

NeoPheus, Thank You for "all" you contributions :D

You are absolutely right about giving help, and I appreciate what you do for this community :(

heres what ive got

MAIN (editable items)

quick boot

power on display

lcd display stretch

ADVANCED

lagacy usb support

Dynamic cpu freq mode

built-in lan

wake on lan

wake up KB

OTHERS

low batt alarm

panel close alarm

system beep

Ok, I have my Toshiba here now. In the BIOS press PGDN and you (maybe) will become to page 2 of the BIOS. Here it says: Device Config. = All Devices

This is the right option! The wrong is Setup by OS!

Maybe this will help...

Ok, I have my Toshiba here now. In the BIOS press PGDN and you (maybe) will become to page 2 of the BIOS. Here it says: Device Config. = All Devices

This is the right option! The wrong is Setup by OS!

Maybe this will help...

Hmm thats interesting...ill have to give it a go!