Will PAY money for Audio FIX

bombice

31 posts in this topic

Bombice, I told you to replace your AppleHDA.kext with the one from 10.4.3, but, if you don't have one, then you only need to install the one from 10.4.3, make the changes so they match the ID's of your sound card, follow the rest of the instructions and reboot. Tell us if this work :)

NeoPheus is one of the most helpfull member of this community, he is famous for his installers and for critizing the ppl wich misspell his nick.

Hehe... :D

nice to hear... thanx!

But the problem with my nick: Some of the users here tell me "NeoPhus" :blink: which is the worst variant of my nick... I don't like it... And some calling me just "Neo"! This is the second best variant, I think. The best is "NeoPheus" :angel:

Back to topic: What does your laptop say? Did it work, bombice?

I have what sounds like the same laptop.

Its a Toshiba Satellite M100/400

Same audio set up and same bios.

There are no options in the bios regarding sound and none of the .kext mods i have seen work.

I can get the audio to appear but nothing comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have your make/model of laptop but had a similar problem with mine. My Dell Latitude would NOT get sound for love nor money. Making the long story short, turns out I have a bad sound card/chip in the box. Had to get a $12 USB dongle (AOC with C-media 102 chip). Once I did that, I had sound.

Point(s) being:

1. Make sure your hardware is good.

(when I didn't see it under Windows or Linux, I got the message on my situation)

2. There may be a cheap alternative that "fixes" the problem another way

(USB dongle isn't internal and it has to be carried and used with speakers/headphones , but at least now I have sound)

Interestingly enough, my first reboot with the dongle didn't work. Mac OS X didn't see it. I used pacifist to reinstall the SoundBlaster USB support off the 10.4.6 DVD. I re-wrote on top of existing files which says I already had it installed, but once done, next reboot showed a USB device for sound and I had sound.

Hopefully this will provide some value in your search for an answer. :P

• 8 months later...