[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5

SavageAUS

97 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, what's up?

I recently found a Patched DSDT for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards and it works just fine. I removed all the previous patches from clover and as far as I know everything works fine on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

I cannot confirm it for El Capitan but it should work as well. Feel free to test it out and post your experience here.

Here is the link to barijaona's GitHub page and all the credit goes to him.

https://github.com/b...A-Z170X-Gaming5

Cheers

• Like 2

Hey guys, what's up?

I recently found a Patched DSDT for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards and it works just fine. I removed all the previous patches from clover and as far as I know everything works fine on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

I cannot confirm it for El Capitan but it should work as well. Feel free to test it out and post your experience here.

Here is the link to barijaona's GitHub page and all the credit goes to him.

https://github.com/b...A-Z170X-Gaming5

Cheers

So you are now using no patches through Clover?

Do you know if anything needs to be removed if using integrated graphics?

I will test it and I'll get back to you  ;)

So you are now using no patches through Clover?
Do you know if anything needs to be removed if using integrated graphics?

I removed the following patches from ACPI:

change _OSI to XOSI

Change EHC2 to EH02

Rename HDAS to HDEF

Change EHC1 to EH01

I still use the following Kernel and Kext Patches

AppleHDA

AirPortAtheros40

AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Audio still needs the toleda's script to work

post-1011040-0-86951600-1493963486_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-92924100-1493963597_thumb.png

Audio audio or hdmi Audio?
I use applealc and lilu kext with layout 1.
No script needed.

And I don't use a dsdt at the moment I use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/322811-ssdtGen---custom-generated-SSDTs-(x99/z170-systems)

And im now using MacPro6,1 smbios.

At 10.12.5 final or .6 im going to be doing a fresh install and a redoing my guide.

Audio audio or hdmi Audio?

I use applealc and lilu kext with layout 1.

No script needed.

And I don't use a dsdt at the moment I use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/322811-ssdtGen---custom-generated-SSDTs-(x99/z170-systems)

At 10.12.5 final or .6 im going to be doing a fresh install and a redoing my guide.

I was using realtekALC.kext with layout 1 and it didn't work, after I replaced it with AppleALC.kext audio with the same layout it worked without the Toleda's patches, but I hear some noises when macOS is loading.

for HDMI audio I use SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml and it works fine with my TV.

I'm using iMac17,1SMBIOS

@MaLd0n:

with your DSDT I don't need FixShutdown_0004 anymore which was necessary for barjoana's DSDT.

if there is anything else that needs to be tested let me know and I'll be more than happy to oblige :)

• Like 1

I was using realtekALC.kext with layout 1 and it didn't work, after I replaced it with AppleALC.kext audio with the same layout it worked without the Toleda's patches, but I hear some noises when macOS is loading.

for HDMI audio I use SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml and it works fine with my TV.

I'm using iMac17,1SMBIOS

@MaLd0n:

with your DSDT I don't need FixShutdown_0004 anymore which was necessary for barjoana's DSDT.

if there is anything else that needs to be tested let me know and I'll be more than happy to oblige :)

I get those noises while loading as well but i kinda like it, let's me sound is working :-)

Ah I use a Nvidia card so igpu is no good for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well the noise doesn't bother me I just wanted to be thorough :)

I've been using VoodooHD and it had a the same issue while macOS was loading and I'm used to it, and you're right it's the sound of a hearty boot up like a PC beep when system starts and it's a good sign :D

I recently switched to nVidia and I don't use IGPU either but after I added the SSDT, HDMI audio started to work so I kept it, and when I remove it I use my mouse, WEIRD!!

Cheers guys, already have the hardware built but this should make the install nice and easy-to-use it's been a while since building a new rig and this and the linked thread made my mind up lb the hardware, good to see things are still being refined. ?

Cheers guys, already have the hardware built but this should make the install nice and easy-to-use it's been a while since building a new rig and this and the linked thread made my mind up lb the hardware, good to see things are still being refined.

congrats on your new rig :)

Cheers guys, already have the hardware built but this should make the install nice and easy-to-use it's been a while since building a new rig and this and the linked thread made my mind up lb the hardware, good to see things are still being refined. ?

Always tinkering to try make improvements.

The only thing that's bugging me is that when I use Auto login on macOS Sierra, my background keeps resetting which I got it fixed by disabling the “Displays have separate Spaces”, setting the new backgrounds, rebooting and enabling it again. But my hard disk icons keep rearranging themselves after each reboot, and mouse pointer won't show at first so I have to click once then it appears.

I almost did everything and nothing worked so far.

I'm using  triple displays and it is so annoying, I didn't have this problem with El Capitan.

So for now I have to keep automatic login off.

Any suggestions?

@MaLd0n:

Ye, i apply all we need, test hdmi audio too Nvidia or AMD, i apply hdmi intelhd too, ill post here, AppleAlc do the work with ig-platform-id.

if u can send me one ioreg, i apply some cosmetics things ;)

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

MacPro6,1 in Skylake is not a good idea. ;)

SSDTs is a incomplete patches, the good and essencial patches dont have there, like irqs e.g.

SSDT only inject in DSDT, the best is edited DSDT and drop SSDTs for good and fast boot, Slkylake need only DSDT + Sassdt original and drop all others.

• Like 1

Ye, i apply all we need, test hdmi audio too Nvidia or AMD, i apply hdmi intelhd too, ill post here, AppleAlc do the work with ig-platform-id.

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

SSDTs is a incomplete patches, the good and essencial patches dont have there, like irqs e.g.

SSDT only inject in DSDT, the best is edited DSDT and drop SSDTs for good and fast boot, Slkylake need only DSDT + Sassdt original and drop all others.

There you go :)

and Thanks!!

Cyberdev’s iMac.zip

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Ok I'll switch back to iMac and remove all ssdts and then create great dsdt ssdt dump for you plus ioreg.