Update GTX770 to 1070

Mikethebike

7 posts in this topic

For some {censored} reason, Apple and NVIDIA act like they are competitors, so even though it is in both their mutual interest to have drivers for the cards ready to go as soon as the new OS drop (by simply forwarding NVIDIA the necessary information), they dont collaborate, and instead NVIDIA has to wait for the public release like every other pleb in order to begin working on a driver.

hello

apple only support the hardware they use .. is normal .. behavior from them .. not go support hackintoshers .. 

os x is not a generic OS , is make for apple hardware .. not for pc .. where u use the hardware u want ..

and now in sierra many problems with nvidia cards

good hack

• Like 3

So we can expect a driver in the next month? Should that work also on my old 10.9?

We don't know about that. We aren't Nvidia staff or developers.  :P

In the next Apple Keynote, maybe we'll see more news about the new hardware in the Macs.  ;)

Hi there,

did anyone try second vga as an addition to 1070/1080? I am thinking about to get nvidia 210hd which should be supported by OSX without issues, connecting both card to 1 monitor (using dvi and hdmi) but one thing i am not sure about is if the osx will know which card to use. I found some old thread from netkas http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/139016-howto-two-cards-one-supported-by-osx-another-one-is-not/page-3 but this is mostly for ati or ati and nvidia mixed not two nvidias like in my case. So i would set the 210hd as primary in bios(hopefully), so bootloader should show itself on this one and also hopefully the OSX will use this one.

Anyone have any experiences with this kind of setup? I find it as a acceptable temporary solution for like 30 euros.