Can't boot past installer, Busy timeout, APPLEACPICPU...?

UnDeaDAmP

14 posts in this topic

busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

Obviously, I know it has something to do with CPU power management or FakeSMC not initiating for some reason, but I've tried:

• Replacing FakeSMC with a new fresh one from RehabMan's repo
  • booting with almost every flag i can think of
  • trying to use a clean install from the terminal and with clover
  • Using Pandora's Box to create the installer

My specs are:

• Intel Core i3 - 4360
  • NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 OC Edition (OC'd a bit) powering 2 monitors, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI.
  • GA-Z97M-DS3H

My machine is currently running 10.11.5 on El Capitan, and I've ran Yosemite on it before, so obviously it is capable, but I'm pretty confused at to why my machine won't boot the installer. The only issues I've ever run into were having to set up CodecCommander for my current Install using Clover. I'm booting UEFI btw.

If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I can provide anything you need such as IOReg, etc.

Are you only using selected kexts to boot in clover folder? Or do you have all kexts in clover folder? Suggest only using minimal kexts eg fakesmc network.

Are you using custom DSDT SSDT?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are you only using selected kexts to boot in clover folder? Or do you have all kexts in clover folder? Suggest only using minimal kexts eg fakesmc network.

Are you using custom DSDT SSDT?

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion, I've tried removing kexts I need but no luck either. I did try and same result. Nope, I'm not using any DSDT or SSDT to my knowledge.

Yeah could be anything is possible.

The change I made to your original plist was to not drop the cpupm SSDT.

Can you send pick of verbose boot error and bios settings? We will get to the bottom of this.

use iMac 17,2 smbios and see if it works.

I'll try and report back.

Yeah could be anything is possible.

The change I made to your original plist was to not drop the cpupm SSDT.

Can you send pick of verbose boot error and bios settings? We will get to the bottom of this.

Will do.

• 1 year later...