Graphics problems with macOS Sierra

Gogeta5026

10 posts in this topic

I was able to get 10.12 16A238m to boot with Clover r3631 however... I can only start it up when I use the tags of GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=0 nv_disable=1. Only problem is the graphics are all choppy and everything takes forever.

Is there something specific I need to change in order for it to boot normally (I usually used npci=0x2000 and nvda_drv=1) and got everything to boot fine.  I tried looking through the thread and just got a little lost after reading 10-15 pages.

If anybody knows the solution... THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Edited by Allan
There is not problem with Clover, but with macOS Sierra

beta 3 of 10.12 no issue clover works injection works and audio works all is well

I need some help here. What exactly do I have to do in order to get 10.12 to boot? Is there something specific I have to do?

I can only seem to boot using GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=0 nv_disable=1. I currently have ncpi=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 in order to get 10.11.6 to boot 

I need some help here. What exactly do I have to do in order to get 10.12 to boot? Is there something specific I have to do?

I can only seem to boot using GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=0 nv_disable=1. I currently have ncpi=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 in order to get 10.11.6 to boot 

GraphicsEnabler=No sure does nothing with Clover (is for Enoch/Chameleon). Maybe take a look at Graphics-->Inject-->NVidia  (YES or NO)

:)

GraphicsEnabler=No sure does nothing with Clover (is for Enoch/Chameleon). Maybe take a look at Graphics-->Inject-->NVidia  (YES or NO)

:)

Still no luck trying that. NVIDIA drivers were updated. Only way I've been able to boot is with nvda_drv=0 nv_disable=1. I attached pictures of were the -v command stops at right before it restarts when using nvda_drv=1.

post-1411155-0-26772600-1468900948_thumb.jpg

post-1411155-0-05123500-1468900952_thumb.jpg

Did you try to disable your internal CPU-Graphics?

Did you set your SMBIOS to Mac 14,1? In my case (970 GTX), this missing setting prevented my graphic card to startup completely.

Yes, I do have my SMBIOS set 14,1. For disabling internal CPU-Graphics... do I do that in BIOS?

Yes, there should be an option in your BIOS Settings.
In addition, try to set your Graphics Output from "Automatic" to "PCI-E 1 Slot" (Maybe it will be named differently in your Bios settings).

What happens if you don't use -v ? Does your Display turn black, but the system is not rebooting? 

Yes, there should be an option in your BIOS Settings.

In addition, try to set your Graphics Output from "Automatic" to "PCI-E 1 Slot" (Maybe it will be named differently in your Bios settings).

What happens if you don't use -v ? Does your Display turn black, but the system is not rebooting? 

I'll try when I get home from work. No -v, it just reboots.

• 9 months later...

I'll try when I get home from work. No -v, it just reboots.

Hi,

Have you fixed this issue ?. This is the same problem happening for me so please help me if you have found the solution.

Thanks