Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

try looking through all the option in detail..should be there.

Looks similar to this

_SB_.PCI0.RP09.PXSX 

i dont see any bios or value can some one help me find the number to do this i got a 960 evo 500gb m.2 on window 10 

You need to copy the patched kext + ssdt-nvme-pcc.aml to the installed drive EFI partition. Make sure to add the ssdt-nvme-pcc.aml to the ssdt sortedorder of the Config file

I think you're trying to implement the NVMe class-code spoof.

Read my guide carefully.

It is linked from the patch-nvme github README.

did i do something wrong my usb installer can read m.2 and erease format them and do anything with it but when i remove the usb it freezes and circle with line and i see one of the applenvme asser failed result startfaiulreexit file: buildroot/library/caches

It means your EFI/Clover on the SSD is not setup correctly for NVMe.

Or, you installed FakeSMC.kext, have config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, are using the class-code spoof for NVMe, but neglected to install HackrNVMeFamily to /L/E or /S/L/E (or installed one that was not generated with --spoof).

Or, some combination of both.

Hello eweryone. I have a Plextor M8Pe PCIe x4 256Gb. My OS Sierra 10.12.6. And she don't see disk.

syscl said 

"For those who have issue on Disk Utility identified issue on some LiteOn, Plextor, Hynix NVMe.

Here's the code we need to change

search for 
change the value 0x10 into 0x01 or 0x02, 0x04 and 0x08 to see which one works for your drive."

Please, tell me - where is these code? Which file I must find.

THANKS !!!  :yes: 

Yes, I used the patch for 10.12.6 in the config.plist, but still can't see the Nvme. I'm using Clover v4184, could it be the issue? I have update using the 17 patches since 10.12.2, it works till 10.12.4.... I did not upgrade to 10.12.5, but straight from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6.... Now I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 480Gb SSD, can't detect any Nvme....

No, It can't detect the Nvme in the config.plist, so I can't create the kext....

Which clover version do you use?

Hi

Have you created a new HackrNVMeFamily kext  for 10.12.6 and delete all old config.plist lines?

From ReahbMan github:

Usage:

• extract patch_nvme.zip archive
  • cd to the extracted location
  • execute patch_nvme.sh with argument that corresponds to the plist you wish to patch with
  • the script creates the patched kext in the current directory
  • you must run the script with the parameter that corresponds to the version of OS X you are running
  • /System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext must be vanilla

You have to clean all nvme related lines in config.plist

Then reboot then run reahabman script

in 10.12.6 I had clover 4081

But without kext osx can.t detect also my nvme drive

I have no problem launching script

Maybe your problem is different

will try again.

You have to clean all nvme related lines in config.plist

Then reboot then run reahabman script

in 10.12.6 I had clover 4081

But without kext osx can.t detect also my nvme drive

I have no problem launching script

Maybe your problem is different

tried but cannot.

Could you write which command you run in terminal window?

And then post also output error

I deleted away all the EFI, copy the whole of your EFI for 10.12.6, reinstall clover r4097(I can't get a copy of the r4081). and it works now....

I have absolutely no ideal what went wrong.... but it is ok now. Many Thanks!!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

Hi,

I have an Asus x299 delux motherboard which has 2 x M2 slots. I have Samsung 960 pro in each slot.

I can see the first one in Mac OS, but not the second one. In BIOS or if I boot to Windows I can see both.

Is there anything that needs to be done to show multiple M2 Nvme ?

I booted into Windows 7 & can see the 2 NVMe controllers under device manager. When I select the properties, there is no BIOS device name under details. Is there another way to confirm the APCI paths for them both ?

Attached is the general tab showing some location information. Is this enough to work out the APCI path ? Or is there any other property I could use ?

post-1908018-0-37366700-1505473115_thumb.jpg

I booted into Windows 7 & can see the 2 NVMe controllers under device manager. When I select the properties, there is no BIOS device name under details. Is there another way to confirm the APCI paths for them both ?

Attached is the general tab showing some location information. Is this enough to work out the APCI path ? Or is there any other property I could use ?

Win7 does not show BIOS name.

Must use Win10 for that.

Plus you need to look at the "Details" tab.

So is there anyway it can be done on Win 7 ? Or will I have to install Win 10 ?

What about on MAC, can I use IOregisteryExplorer ?I tried but only see one entry when I search for nvme

Attach your ioreg. (please use IORegistryExplorer v2.1)

Thanks Rehabman. Attached is my ioreg using v2.1

According to this ioreg, your second NVMe device is at _SB.PC00.RP21.PXSX.

(the first one you've already done the class-code spoof at _SB.PC00.RP09.PXSX)

Thank You RehabMan !

I created a SSDT with that & now I can see both NVMe drives

I want to create a RAID 0 with the 2 NVMe and then use CCC to clone my setup onto it.

Is it better to set up the RAID using BIOS (Intel Rapid Storage) or to use MAC OS "diskutil appleraid create stripe" to create the RAID ?

Thank You RehabMan !

I created a SSDT with that & now I can see both NVMe drives

I want to create a RAID 0 with the 2 NVMe and then use CCC to clone my setup onto it.

Is it better to set up the RAID using BIOS (Intel Rapid Storage) or to use MAC OS "diskutil appleraid create stripe" to create the RAID ?

Intel/BIOS RAID is not supported, so your only option is Apple software RAID.

So I set up the RAID 0 and the speeds are not double a single SSD. 

Before

Write 2000 MB/s,  Read 2300 MB/s

After

Write 2850 MB/s,  Read 2690 MB/s

Any advice on if this is to be expected or there is a problem. I assumed it would be close to double a single drive

Thanks !