Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU!

297 posts in this topic

When I installed the FakeSMC I did a mistake and shut down computer and when I press the start bottom  a KP show up and constant reboot its on. I'm on my CCC boot spare SSD. I think I need to either change the Patch strings that you gave me or go back and install or replace the new fakeSMC for the old one. Don't know what are you advice guy

indeed I don't understand very well what you did

fakesmc goes into efi kext/10.11

script in acpi/patched (where you should have if ou followed augustopaulo guide

Right now the Im trying to boot to back into my M.2 SSD, but after I did the patching w/ configplist and the new fakeCPUID, now Im getting constance reboot I think I have to try some other kernel strings, how many you mention you try, I believed you said three. Either the kernel stains that you post on posted #270 don't work for me or when I did the FakeSMC did mess up something on my setup cause I now on the constant reboot wheel. w/ KP.

Good news FABIOSUN finally boot from my M.2-SSD

What I did, I went back to the post that you mention that have the 3 patches and placed them on the config.plist here are the ones that I'm talking about :xcpm_bootstrap 10.11.6 © Pike R. Alpha

find 83C3BB83FB09 
replace 83C3B883FB09

cpuid_set_info 10.11.6 © Pike R. Alpha
find 5D7F288D48BB83F902
replace 5D7F288D48B883F902

reboot fix 10.11.6 © Pike R. Alpha
find 554889E5415741564155415453504189D64189F74889FB4585FF0F84
replace C34889E5415741564155415453504189D64189F74889FB4585FF0F84

then got my old FakeSMC and replaced the new one, don't know if that was the cause, why?

Because I did a NOOB error and that I think when I did the patching I forgot to REPAIR permission and rebuild cache, and if in your opinion that step was unnecessary then the fakeSMC was the culprit. But as of right now I'm able to boot from the disk now Im going to reboot if I'm able to do so as well, let you know the out come, and if I do then I need to go to the next step to create the power script w/ Piker's script tool and see if I'm able to success on that one, so recap for me what I wrote and ask me anything that you think I have done unnecessary thanks

update: Did a quick GB and I got Single: 3836 Multi: 60628.

I have noticed that everytime you play with any settings in config.plist or mess with kexts, you must rebuild permissions & cache. Otherwise, you will encounter KP and reboot loops.

Good news FABIOSUN finally boot from my M.2-SSD

What I did, I went back to the post that you mention that have the 3 patches and placed them on the config.plist here are the ones that I'm talking about :xcpm_bootstrap 10.11.6 © Pike R. Alpha

find 83C3BB83FB09 
replace 83C3B883FB09

cpuid_set_info 10.11.6 © Pike R. Alpha
find 5D7F288D48BB83F902
replace 5D7F288D48B883F902

then got my old FakeSMC and replaced the new one, don't know if that was the cause, why?

Because I did a NOOB error and that I think when I did the patching I forgot to REPAIR permission and rebuild cache, and if in your opinion that step was unnecessary then the fakeSMC was the culprit. But as of right now I'm able to boot from the disk now Im going to reboot if I'm able to do so as well, let you know the out come, and if I do then I need to go to the next step to create the power script w/ Piker's script tool and see if I'm able to success on that one, so recap for me what I wrote and ask me anything that you think I have done unnecessary thanks

update: Did a quick GB and I got Single: 3836 Multi: 60628.

• Like 1

I have noticed that everytime you play with any settings in config.plist or mess with kexts, you must rebuild permissions & cache. Otherwise, you will encounter KP and reboot loops.

Everytime we modify kernel or a  kext permission repair is needed...it's a rule  :yes:

lucky you, being able to play with bclk and booting into MacOS.  :P

we have all different boards here so bios parameters could do the difference

I suggest to boot with -f -v clover boot args till we have a valid setup

I have had some good results that i am checking with AppleIntelInfo.kext

I have a main thing to resolve and maybe it is ssdt pm related

now I am joking..

this is with 102 of bclk

we have all different boards here so bios parameters could do the difference

I suggest to boot with -f -v clover boot args till we have a valid setup

I have had some good results that i am checking with AppleIntelInfo.kext

I have a main thing to resolve and maybe it is ssdt pm related

Thats good news for you and good news for me as well and thanks ones more to " THENIGHTFLYER and SAIJOHN " cause I did repair permission and permission was granted for my to enter and success boot ones more to my M.2 SSD so now I guess I can keep on working, thanks guys. Fabiosun, also I got a e-mail granting me an upgrade for Geekbench 4 and I did a run but the results on multithread they were wire I will keep using GB 3 to see the progress on what I'm doing, Let me know on what you find cause I'm in the process to double check reboot and cold start then do the power SSDT.aml file w/ the tool and place it on the PATCHED section RP and RC like I'm supposed to be doing, got this right now.

Well Success on BOOTING and RESTART, guys.

Now I'm going to need help on this one and it is just one question. Now that I got my system booting and restarting I go the the Apple icon click on it, About this Mac, System Report, Extensions and I should see all the KEXTS that are loaded and the ones are not, M'I right, but guess what, FAKESMC.kext its not were to be found and don't ask how but it true its not there, how come, can someone help out on this were to look.

Just wondering if I am the only one that has tried this...

Instead of leaving CPU Vcore at Manual, I have always left mine at "adaptive" inside BIOS.

I dont know if it makes any difference but it has never given me any issues. 

BTW, has anyone installed the Security Update that was just released?

So I decided to give the Security Update a shot.

Installed it and now it says that the Nvidia Web Driver is not compatible....

Is there a fix or do I have to wait for new web drivers to be released....

So frustrated.... why would Apple do that?

It's just security updates... has nothing to do with graphics drivers.

• Like 1

So I decided to give the Security Update a shot.

Installed it and now it says that the Nvidia Web Driver is not compatible....

Is there a fix or do I have to wait for new web drivers to be released....

So frustrated.... why would Apple do that?

It's just security updates... has nothing to do with graphics drivers.

I did the update too and have the same "problem". We must wait for a new nvidia web drivers release

from terminal try this

kextstat

you should see all kext loaded

Just an O.T. question....where did you buy the E5 2696 V4? Here in Italy (Amazon etc.) it's not available. Only in ebay and from american or chinese seller....

@TheNightFlyer and also to SaiJohn:

Yes we all are in the learning process one ahead to others, and yes a while ago I did a noob mistake by not "Repairing Permission on file system". But guys we all do mistake ones in while, knowing them or not. Anyhow, the long story short is, maybe not in this forum but on others and these 2 members know what I'm talking about, "There is a rule also, not to update without knowing that there is a unsupported driver posted for unsupported it GPUs cards"  :yes: 

• Like 1

If it is a major update then yes, almost all the time a new web driver is required. but this rarely happens when it is just for a security update.

Yes we all are in the learning process one ahead to others, and yes a while ago I did a noob mistake by not "Repairing Permission on file system". But guys we all do mistake ones in while, knowing them or not. Anyhow, the long story short is, maybe not in this forum but on others and these 2 members know what I'm talking about, "There is a rule also, not to update without knowing that there is a unsupported driver posted for unsupported it GPUs cards"  :yes: 

• Like 1

You are right....but i hate to see the small red badge on App Store icon...same for my iPhone where i've an update or a message incoming to my whatsapp  :thumbsup_anim:

You are right....but i hate to see the small red badge on App Store icon...same for my iPhone where i've an update or a message incoming to my whatsapp  :thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys you are right NightFlyer, I also hate to see it too, but temptation always arise. Still waiting on the Nvidia's Web driver nothing hasn't come out yet.

Hey guys one thing I have seen on my boot drive, every time I do some changed it and repair permissions then boot, I don't get any KP but it keeps booting all over, then I put my backup drive and from my backup's drive desktop I again repair permissions on my other drive the M.2, and when I boot to it then I get to go straight to the desktop. Don't know why but its happening can some one explain me why or it's normal to repair permission that way.

Also another thing I have notice all my memory banks on my (About this Mac) memory tab are not showing complete, showing 4 Banks instead of all 8 banks, can some one help me on that as well, Thanks in advance.

Hey guys one thing I have seen on my boot drive, every time I do some changed it and repair permissions then boot, I don't get any KP but it keeps booting all over, then I put my backup drive and from my backup's drive desktop I again repair permissions on my other drive the M.2, and when I boot to it then I get to go straight to the desktop. Don't know why but its happening can some one explain me why or it's normal to repair permission that way.

Also another thing I have notice all my memory banks on my (About this Mac) memory tab are not showing complete, showing 4 Banks instead of all 8 banks, can some one help me on that as well, Thanks in advance.

I can try to help you about ram banks....did you delete the ram line in config.plist? I assume you use augustopaulo config.plist....

About the drives i can suppose it's due to something related to permission but i'm not sure. I have sometime the same strange behaviour on boot but it's just 2 time on 20..if i remember well (i'm too lazy today to read older posts!) u had problems after updating to 10.11.6 right?

Not sure what it is but Augustopaulo suggested to repair permissions and rebuild cache with a backup or a real mac. It could be the tools that he provided.... I use KCPM Pro and it seems like this app does not allow repair and rebuild on the currently used drive. Augutopaulo provided other apps that can perform the task on the current working drive, but I tried it once before and did not seem to work. Therefore, I just kept using KCPM Pro on a macbook pro. There are other apps that are able to perform this task, but dont want to bother trying out others when I know what works already. 

I can try to help you about ram banks....did you delete the ram line in config.plist? I assume you use augustopaulo config.plist....

About the drives i can suppose it's due to something related to permission but i'm not sure. I have sometime the same strange behaviour on boot but it's just 2 time on 20..if i remember well (i'm too lazy today to read older posts!) u had problems after updating to 10.11.6 right?

Fabiosun,

I made some few tweaks by following what you did.

1. Made a backup SSD

2. Installed latest Clover

3. Removed NullcpuPM.kext

4. Changed CPUid to 0x040674

5. Added Pike's reboot Fix

However, GB scored dropped a little.... Not sure if it is because of the security update....

It's not a big deal coz its 60 pts less on single core and maybe like 300 pts less on multi core....

Whatever, got other things to worry about. will play with it more when I find time.

Hi The Veteran

I have started with config.plist uploaded by Saijohn,

Then I was using three patch found on this link

for me after some testing only this one is mandatory to have

thanks to maleorderbride to have done a simple summary

you have to install the latest clover and if you want a graphical interface for patching latest clover configurator

I generated a SSDT.aml with pikeralpha ssdtprgen.sh script

I put a new FakeCPUId 0x040674 (all credits to pikeralpha)

August 29, 2016 at 3:45 pm      

I deleted nullcpupowermanagement.kext from efi/kext/10.11 folder

Inside this folder I have only Fakesmc (posted by Saijohn) I think is the latest one released with Hw Sensors

Then, in my case system boots in el capitan 10.11.6

I am trying yet to understand what is mandatory or not in config.plist  I am using and for now I am using voodoTsync kext ( I think I can delete it but I have other optimisation to try)

It seems mandatory to have 5960XPatch by Brumbaer

If you try take an spare disk with a secure OS X boot or windows to mount efi partition and replace or put files that you have deleted or modified.

hope this help, when I will sure on my configuration files I will post, for now I don't want to fry or make damage to cpu different of mine :-)

Use this information at your own risk..i am not a mackintosh guru but I like to try things! :-)

5960X Something wrong Please conform Gigabyte board Enable this

- C3 State Auto Demotion............. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

- C1 State Auto Demotion............. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

- C3 State Undemotion................ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

- C1 State Undemotion................ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

- Package C-State Auto Demotion...... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

- Package C-State Undemotion......... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

Last login: Sat Sep  3 11:46:25 on console
navaratnams-Pro:~ navaratnam$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /Users/navaratnam/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext 
Password:
navaratnams-Pro:~ navaratnam$ sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/navaratnam/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext 
navaratnams-Pro:~ navaratnam$ sudo kextload /Users/navaratnam/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext 
navaratnams-Pro:~ navaratnam$ sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

AppleIntelInfo.kext v1.6 Copyright © 2012-2016 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved

Settings:
------------------------------------
logMSRs............................: 1
logIGPU............................: 0
logCStates.........................: 1
logIPGStyle........................: 1
InitialTSC.........................: 0x2793ea3f2ce (90 MHz)
MWAIT C-States.....................: 8480

Model Specific Registers (MSRs)
---------------------------------------

MSR_CORE_THREAD_COUNT..........(0x35)  : 0x80010
----------------------------------------
 - Core Count......................... : 8
 - Thread Count....................... : 16

MSR_PLATFORM_INFO..............(0xCE)  : 0x80C3BF3811E00
 - Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio............ : 30
 - Ratio Limit for Turbo Mode......... : 1 (programmable)
 - TDP Limit for Turbo Mode........... : 1 (programmable)
 - Low Power Mode Support............. : 1 (LPM supported)
 - Number of ConfigTDP Levels......... : 1 (additional TDP level(s) available)
 - Maximum Efficiency Ratio........... : 12
 - Minimum Operating Ratio............ : 8

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.....(0xE2)  : 0x403
 - I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable....... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
 - CFG Lock........................... : 0 (MSR not locked)
 - C3 State Auto Demotion............. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Auto Demotion............. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C3 State Undemotion................ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Undemotion................ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Auto Demotion...... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Undemotion......... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

MSR_PMG_IO_CAPTURE_BASE........(0xE4)  : 0x10414
 - LVL_2 Base Address................. : 0x414
 - C-state Range...................... : 1 (C6 is the max C-State to include
)

IA32_MPERF.....................(0xE7)  : 0xC248192D7
IA32_APERF.....................(0xE8)  : 0xF01DACAF3

MSR_FLEX_RATIO.................(0x194) : 0xE0000

MSR_IA32_PERF_STATUS...........(0x198) : 0x281400002B00
 - Current Performance State Value.... : 0x2b00

MSR_IA32_PERF_CONTROL..........(0x199) : 0xFF00
 - Target performance State Value..... : 0xFF00
 - Intel Dynamic Acceleration......... : 0 (IDA engaged)

IA32_CLOCK_MODULATION..........(0x19A) : 0x0
IA32_THERM_STATUS..............(0x19C) : 0x883C0000

IA32_MISC_ENABLES..............(0x1A0) : 0x850089
 - Fast-Strings....................... : 1 (enabled)
 - Automatic Thermal Control Circuit.. : 1 (enabled)
 - Performance Monitoring............. : 1 (available)
 - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology : 1 (enabled)

MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT..............(0x1AA) : 0x400000
 - EIST Hardware Coordination......... : 0 (enabled)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT..........(0x1AD) : 0x2B2B2B2B2B2B2B2B
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C01........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C02........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C03........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C04........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C05........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C06........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C07........ : 43 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C08........ : 43 

IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS..........(0x1B0) : 0x0
 - Power Policy Preference.............: 0 (highest performance)

MSR_POWER_CTL..................(0x1FC) : 0x2104005B
MSR_RAPL_POWER_UNIT............(0x606) : 0xA0E03
MSR_PKG_POWER_LIMIT............(0x610) : 0x7FFD00014EA82
MSR_PKG_ENERGY_STATUS..........(0x611) : 0x2A96069
MSR_PKG_POWER_INFO.............(0x614) : 0x1280460
MSR_PP0_POWER_LIMIT............(0x638) : 0x14FFD0
MSR_PP0_ENERGY_STATUS..........(0x639) : 0x0
MSR_TURBO_ACTIVATION_RATIO.....(0x64C) : 0x0
MSR_PKGC6_IRTL.................(0x60b) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY...........(0x60d) : 0x1A8F0D4DCE
MSR_PKG_C6_RESIDENCY...........(0x3f9) : 0x167A2BD96A
IA32_TSC_DEADLINE..............(0x6E0) : 0x27945B01FC2

CPU Ratio Info:
CPU Maximum Efficiency Ratio...........: 1200 MHz
CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency........: 3000 MHz
CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency............: 4300 MHz
CPU P-States [ 35 (43) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 9 10 13 14 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 28 35 43 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 32 35 (43) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 28 31 32 35 43 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 31 32 35 (43) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 31 32 35 37 (43) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 30 31 32 35 37 (43) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 37 (43) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 (43) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 41 (43) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 41 (43) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 22 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 41 (43) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 22 24 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 41 43 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 22 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 37 41 43 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
navaratnams-Pro:~ navaratnam$

No I am still using the SSDT provided by AugustoPaulo....

Not completely sure how to generate the SSDT with the script. But I read previous post and know that I have to download it as zip from the link you posted and drag Pike's script into terminal.

However, I am a bit lost. Because there isn't a complete guide and not sure what needs to be changed since I have a different CPU than your's.

I have left a message over at Pike's blog hope he can help. But in the mean time any suggestion from you and others would be great.

When I get the chance I will def add the other 2 patches by Pike and will post my results from console app.

Thanks

I am happy for you

Are you using a SSDT generated via script?

You can Try to use the other 2 piker alpha patches found in that thread  thread but performance for now it is not the first goal

if you can, can you try to open console app (utilities) and search for xcpm and then for x86p and post what your result?

Thank you