Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the tedious steps or problems of other simlar apps.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install your bootloader of choiche on the usb (or just leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac).
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
(To sugegst a new feature please contact me on github)
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
- All downloads:
- Reccommended download for Catalina and Big Sur users:
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: [email protected]
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license.
- We (the project creator and othe people involved with active developmment) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- We do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
Here are also some screenshots inside this spoiler tab
-Donations with PayPal
-Perfect HackBook, HDMI Audio/Video, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Sleep, Lid Sleep, Auto Sleep, Audio, etc!
-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
-I'm using a S145-15IWL Model with Intel Core i5 8265u / Intel UHD Graphics 620
-Update bios/uefi to last version
CPUFriend for i5-8265U
--Full DSDT Patches--
DSDT Lenovo IdeaPad S145.zip
This DSDT work on S145-14IWL, S145-15IWL, V14-IWL, V15-IWL models
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 11 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -FULL RENAMED DEVICES --IGPU Patch--
Video solution with HDMI Audio and Video
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> CQClPg== </data> <key>device-id</key> <data> pT4AAA== </data> <key>enable-hdmi20</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key> <data> AAAIAAIAAACYAAAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con1-alldata</key> <data> AQEJAAAIAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con2-alldata</key> <data> AgYKAAAEAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key> <data> AACQAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key> <data> AAAAgA== </data> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>model</key> <string>Intel Corporation, Iris Plus Graphics 655</string> </dict> --Native USB Fix for Notebooks - No Injector/Kext Required--
Brcm Bluetooth https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
MaciASL - https://github.com/acidanthera/MaciASL
acpica - https://github.com/acpica/acpica
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
Help! Tried to Duel Boot Hackintosh and can't get back to Windows because I messed up the boot drives with Clover!By jrbros1
So I have my Windows computer, used a USB with Clover setup to boot into Mojave OS that I installed on the SD card in the computer. The world was a great place and all was well!
Then I did the steps to partition the pc system to now include the additional drive that I would put Clover on. Here's where I messed up: Instead of directly copying over the full Clover folder into the EFI folder of the new drive (which just had the Boot & Microsoft folders in it), I replaced the EFI's boot folder with Clover's boot folder. So the EFI folder now contains a Microsoft folder, a Clover folder, and Clover's Boot folder only.
Now, I only can access the Clover boot up menu, the macOS, but no Windows at all. Even if I go into BIOS and pick Windows Boot Manager or Partition 1 for the start up, I get a black screen for both. I can still access the macOS as well as Shell, but I don't know what that does other than displaying all of the yellow text fly by..
Is there a kind soul out there that can help me get Windows back to boot? Keep in mind I'm a bit of a newbie here so laying out the common-sense steps would be helpful!
Thank you in advance!