[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Thanks for the tip viethoavnm! I assume this goes into config.plist?

Tom

if you use dvi cable try this patch :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x5-DP2HDM</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AwYKAAACAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi Denicio,

Got everything up and running, so it seems. The only thing worrying is that the graphics starts to get flaky (screen flickering, artifacts) after a while at a resolution of 2560x1600 using HDMI. Could be a cable thingy as I am using a HDMI->DVI cable, so I may want to try the DVI patch or a native HDMI monitor to further diagnose this. Apart from that: compliments for your work! If I compare this to my own build (the GA-X79-UD3), then things have come to work a lot faster and smoother. Thanks a lot for this guide!

Tom

No problem, use viethoavnm's description above for DVI :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip viethoavnm! I assume this goes into config.plist?

Tom

Hi Denicio,

Got everything up and running, so it seems. The only thing worrying is that the graphics starts to get flaky (screen flickering, artifacts) after a while at a resolution of 2560x1600 using HDMI. Could be a cable thingy as I am using a HDMI->DVI cable, so I may want to try the DVI patch or a native HDMI monitor to further diagnose this. Apart from that: compliments for your work! If I compare this to my own build (the GA-X79-UD3), then things have come to work a lot faster and smoother. Thanks a lot for this guide!

Tom

I would like to assume too, that this is a cable problem. If this persists after your tweaking, just post a video showing the problem and maybe we can come up with a cure :)

That's good to hear! I think you are suffering from the same problem as everyone with a DVI port connection. Can you switch to HDMI port connection?

Hi Denicio!

I'm having exactly the same issue as Perkee before he ditched the DVI port connection, even though my display is hooked via HDMI. The only difference is my MB which is Asrock H110TM-ITX mk I. Do you possibly know where to look for a reason?

Hi Denicio!

I'm having exactly the same issue as Perkee before he ditched the DVI port connection, even though my display is hooked via HDMI. The only difference is my MB which is Asrock H110TM-ITX mk I. Do you possibly know where to look for a reason?

Hello there! You have tried HDMI & DVI ports with no luck?

Hello! The only thing that would change (maybe) is the USB ports layout. How many USB ports you have in total?

The Z170 motherboard is basically the same exact thing.

I successfully installed everything by following the guide exactly! :) (main hiccup for me was that RAID has to be disabled or else OSX can't detect the SATA drives)

Anyone that wants to use their Nvidia GPU, I recommend:

1. Installing OSX
  2. Booting into OSX (it should just work even from your GPU)
  3. Install the Nvidia Web Driver for Sierra
  4. Before rebooting (or after doesn't matter), enable the Nvidia Web Driver using the new method (basically use Clover Configurator to enable the driver in your system settings).
  5. Use Clover Configurator to disable the injected intel driver in the graphics section
  6. Use Clover Configurator to set your SMBIOS to iMac14,2 (there is a magic wand in the SMBIOS section)

Before I set the SMBIOS to iMac14,2, I just got a blank screen after enabling the web driver.

If you have any problems booting up while changing the display settings, just set the nv_disable=1 boot parameter when booting clover to revert back to the default driver.

Lastly,

@Denicio How did you get your WiFi/BT adapter to work? I bought the same one and tried to follow the guides, but they're difficult for me to understand because 10.12.1 broke the easiest way. (I did manage to get BT working with the kexts)

Hello there! You have tried HDMI & DVI ports with no luck?

Tried HDMI <-> HDMI only as from what I've read the DVI port was causing such troubles in most cases. I'll get an DVI -> HDMI adapter (as my display lacks in DVI port), see if it changed anything and report back.

Tried HDMI <-> HDMI only as from what I've read the DVI port was causing such troubles in most cases. I'll get an DVI -> HDMI adapter (as my display lacks in DVI port), see if it changed anything and report back.

As you can see inside the config.plist on this thread, there is a HDMI patch applied. If you see post #101 a DVI fix is provided in place but I cannot test it myself. And yes, whenever you get the chance to try an adaptor please inform me.

As you can see inside the config.plist on this thread, there is a HDMI patch applied. If you see post #101 a DVI fix is provided in place but I cannot test it myself. And yes, whenever you get the chance to try an adaptor please inform me.

So I bought an adapter and utilized DVI -> HDMI connection with no effect no matter the DVI fix is applied or not. The only difference between using HDMI -> HDMI and DVI -> HDMI is that the verbose log disappears while using the latter (so the effect is exactly the same as was for Perkee). I have no idea what to do next :z

So I bought an adapter and utilized DVI -> HDMI connection with no effect no matter the DVI fix is applied or not. The only difference between using HDMI -> HDMI and DVI -> HDMI is that the verbose log disappears while using the latter (so the effect is exactly the same as was for Perkee). I have no idea what to do next :z

I hate to say this but unfortunately I don't have this motherboard to experiment. Is it possible though to take photos of the verbose output so I can take a look? If nothing works, I would suggest getting a cheap NVIDIA GT710 Graphics Card, I can guide you through :)

EDIT: Another thing I've thought that might be off with your configuration is SSDT-2.aml (it's for H170M ITX/ac USB ports). Try to remove this from ACPI/patched, and remove the respective SSDT entry of it from config.plist.

I hate to say this but unfortunately I don't have this motherboard to experiment. Is it possible though to take photos of the verbose output so I can take a look? If nothing works, I would suggest getting a cheap NVIDIA GT710 Graphics Card, I can guide you through :)

EDIT: Another thing I've thought that might be off with your configuration is SSDT-2.aml (it's for H170M ITX/ac USB ports). Try to remove this from ACPI/patched, and remove the respective SSDT entry of it from config.plist.

Sure, you can find photos from verbose here. About the videocard it's unfortunately impossible as I intended to build me newest hack with this case and I'm sure that it simply won't fit in. I won't be even able to stick any mini-itx videocard in there.  

About the AML, AFAIR I did it once and removed SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched + corresponding entries in config.plist but without them I'm getting stuck even sooner. I'll try it once again maybe I missed something.

Sure, you can find photos from verbose here. About the videocard it's unfortunately impossible as I intended to build me newest hack with this case and I'm sure that it simply won't fit in. I won't be even able to stick any mini-itx videocard in there.  

About the AML, AFAIR I did it once and removed SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched + corresponding entries in config.plist but without them I'm getting stuck even sooner. I'll try it once again maybe I missed something.

OK, please try with the attached config.plist. But also, remove SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched, and all kexts except FakeSMC.kext.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

OK, please try with the attached config.plist. But also, remove SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched, and all kexts except FakeSMC.kext.

Denicio, it didn't work at first, but after I injected Intel I finally managed to get to the installer :thumbsup_anim: . Not sure if ig-platform was causing all the trouble, but hey, it works like a charm now. Thanks a million!!

Denicio, it didn't work at first, but after I injected Intel I finally managed to get to the installer :thumbsup_anim: . Not sure if ig-platform was causing all the trouble, but hey, it works like a charm now. Thanks a million!!

Hey that's great news! I'm glad it worked out for you. All other components work? Nice case by the way :)

Hey that's great news! I'm glad it worked out for you. All other components work? Nice case by the way :)

Yeah, the case is the best part of my whole setup ;) and worst, cause it forced me to choose thin mini-itx format while there are not so many options for such MB's. 

As for other components I'm struggling with Bluetooth @ BCM94352z (M.2) and that's kind of surprise as I read somewhere that this card runs OOB (my bad, didn't do my research well). But found some resolution to this issue which I will test tomorrow.

I'm still having problems with my HD530, as it runs with no acceleration and System report shows it has 14mb memory, but there's some options I haven't tested out yet.

Had no other issues, but then again I couldn't spend more time to make sure if it's true ;).

Yeah, the case is the best part of my whole setup ;) and worst, cause it forced me to choose thin mini-itx format while there are not so many options for such MB's. 

As for other components I'm struggling with Bluetooth @ BCM94352z (M.2) and that's kind of surprise as I read somewhere that this card runs OOB (my bad, didn't do my research well). But found some resolution to this issue which I will test tomorrow.

I'm still having problems with my HD530, as it runs with no acceleration and System report shows it has 14mb memory, but there's some options I haven't tested out yet.

Had no other issues, but then again I couldn't spend more time to make sure if it's true ;).

I'm sure we can fix HD530 for sure. Tell me your BIOS settings for the iGPU (VRAM etc) and attach your current config.plist. As for the Bluetooth I have the same on Mini PCIe I will post details later today on how I enable it.

hello Denisio , your USB3 rear and front work perfect to full speed?

Hello magnifico, yes USB3 ports (where defined) work OK. Due to the 15port USB limit, I have set about 6 USB3 ports. Do you need more details on that?

Being sarcastic doesn't help much. Download the guide's files and check SSDT-2.aml for more information on how it's done.

i am no sarcastic ..

and your ssdt not work for me 

Extreme:

ID prodotto: 0x5580

ID fornitore: 0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)

Versione: 0.10

Numero di serie: AA010529151917522061

Velocità: Fino a 480 Mb/sec

Produttore: SanDisk

ID posizione: 0x14800000 / 7

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 200

Operazione extra della corrente (mA): 0

Integrato:

Media:

i am no sarcastic ..

and your ssdt not work for me 

Extreme:

ID prodotto: 0x5580

ID fornitore: 0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)

Versione: 0.10

Numero di serie: AA010529151917522061

Velocità: Fino a 480 Mb/sec

Produttore: SanDisk

ID posizione: 0x14800000 / 7

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 200

Operazione extra della corrente (mA): 0

Integrato: Sì

Media:

Sorry, I misunderstood your sentence then, look at the screenshot below:

x5d28b9.png

What USB disk you got?

So... I am using the following patch for BCM94352 by darkvoid:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>[darkvoid] BCM94352HMB Sierra Fix</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	gflSqgAAdSk=
	</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	gflSqgAAZpA=
	</data>
</dict>

Also the attached injector I made the other day. Put it on your Clover kexts.

BCM94352Injector.kext.zip

Sandisk estreme 3.0 of course...repeat i have z170 estreme 7 ...have you read my PM

Of course I will try to help you. Let's start by removing SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched and also remove the config.plist SSDT table for xh_rvp08. Then apply the 15 port limit patch for Sierra:

<dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>USB / 15 to 26 ports patch / Sierra</string>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>g710////EA==</data>
     <key>Name</key>
     <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>

After you reboot with these, open IORegistryExplorer 2.1 and perform File -> Save a Copy As. Then attach the output file along with your reply.

remove the config.plist SSDT table for xh_rvp08

i dont have this in my config.

. Then apply the 15 port limit patch for Sierra:

<dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>USB / 15 to 26 ports patch / Sierra</string>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>g710////EA==</data>
     <key>Name</key>
     <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>

Add inside KextToPatch?

Denisio you mean this 

config.plist.zip

Hi Denicio,

I just installed a BCM94352HMB with 10.12.1. The card does show up in the boot screen, but not under MacOS. I tried a couple of the patches found in the forum, but so far to no avail. Do you have any suggestions I could try?

Regards,

Tom