HELLPPPP. Chameleon boots with -v, hangs on ebios error without it?!

Lozpetts162

5 posts in this topic

My hackintosh is up and running, its great, everything but Imessage and Facetime work perfectly, but it will only boot verbose? Without -v it hangs on ebios read error?
I thought -v was just to make it boot in a way that you could see what it was doing, it doesn't actually effect the boot at all?
I've looked around, and so far i've:

Removed all drives except my Chameleon boot usb and my "Yosemite" internal drive.
Remade my boot disc
Tried Clover, that worked but messed up my graphics support and afew other things.
I don't have a card reader to unplug or whatever so thats not it either.

It's driving me mad, anyone have ideas?

System:

Yosemite-Zone 10.10.01
Intel I7 3930k 3.2ghz
Asrock x79 Fatal1ty Professional 
Nvidia 780ti 
3 HDD's x2 NTFS, 1 OSX Extended 
1000w Corsair PSU

remove all external connected hardware to your hackintosh such as card readers, external HDD, printers, scanners, etc ... and re-start your system again. 

boot your system with: -v -f  nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No (npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000)
then use the WebDriver Updater, install with the updater the current WebDriver version, then use these flags: -v -f  nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=No (npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000)

use boot flags in brackets, if your system should stop at "PCI Configuration beginn" 

Thanks man, i'll try that! Only problem is when I update the nvidia web drivers my second display stops working!

Right! So my second display is still working somehow (didn't last time, had to roll back) but my -v issue is on going, can't see ebios error anymore, now its just the background of the chameleon bootloader, it just sits there.
Anything?