El Capitan AppleHDA HDMI Audio

toleda

155 posts in this topic

v2: 8/17/16 - Initial 10.12/Sierra Support/cloverHDMI

Thanks for this patching commands which works for 10.12.1 (16B2333a).

But it will delete RtVariables in config.plist of Clover v.3763.

I don't know whether it is a bug due to your commands.

Wrong framebuffer connector is patched.  Run cloverHDMI with HDMI display connected

Can you explain what i need to do? If i google cloverHDMI i get a lot of results....

When im connected thru hdmi iojones shows me under azuframebuffer@2 by display port 0x0

But it will delete RtVariables in config.plist of Clover v.3763.

cloverHDMI does not touch RtVariables.

Can you explain what i need to do? If i google cloverHDMI i get a lot of results....

When im connected thru hdmi iojones shows me under azuframebuffer@2 by display port 0x0

cloverHDMI, see Post #1.

Thanks, still same problem. Please find attached files.

Actually, the original problem is solved; IGPU is present

New problem:

No idea what the ssdt is or where it came from, attach

1:855  0:002  Inserting HD530-SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

config.plist is missing, attach

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Remove:

0:317  0:000   - [00]: (Rename GFX0 to IGPU) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4

Restart, reply with new files.

Actually, the original problem is solved; IGPU is present

New problem:

No idea what the ssdt is or where it came from, attach

1:855  0:002  Inserting HD530-SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

config.plist is missing, attach

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Remove:

0:317  0:000   - [00]: (Rename GFX0 to IGPU) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4

Restart, reply with new files.

Thank you for all the help.

I don't understand what you have suggested I do.

Is any of these wrong?

1:851  0:000  Inserting HD530-SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
1:853  0:001  Inserting SSDT-i3.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
1:857  0:001  Inserting SSDT-USB.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Also, you suggest I remove the renaming of GFX0 to IGPU? I thought that is what you proposed.

The HD530-SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml and config.plist file is inside the EFI.zip I sent along with my files.

Again, thanks!

Hi Toleda,

My Hardware:

Alienware 15 r2 (chipset hm170, Audio CA0132, CPU Intel 6820HK, Graphics Intel HD530 + Nvidia GTX 980m (Optimus)

What i did so far:

-Corrected all ACPI tables (DSDT and SSDTs)

-Renamed all GFX0 to IGPU

-Used vanilla Applehda from Sierra

-Used Layout-id=1

-Applied your patch to the DSDT (AMI-HD6000-AMD-NVIDIA-A1) but removed tasks 2/3/4 in the patch).  I already have the HDEF section and the intel graphics is injected through Clover when needed.

-I disabled the IntelHD injection from clover and i am only using the Nvidia web driver.

For Some reason the only 2nd codec that shows up is an intel one (as in the screenshot) whereas the HDMI video/audio out is solely controled by the discrete graphics card.  Also, the HDAU device is not showing up in ioreg.

I included the following files:

-DSDT (patched with the above ) + SSDTs that are related to the graphics

-Original ACPI tables (DSDT and SSDTs) corrected from errors but no patches applied.

-Clover.plist

-Screenshot of DPCImanager

-Copy of Ioreg

Please let me know if anything is wrong.

Here are the new files.

SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml not loading.

Add to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder

Reply with new files.

let me know if anything is wrong.

Cannot open DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml or SSDT-2.aml (MaciASL/Jan 22015)

HD530: hda-gfx injection does not appear in IGPU@2

980: HDMI codec does not appear in IOReg/DCPIManager

SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml not loading.

Add to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder

Reply with new files.

Cannot open DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml or SSDT-2.aml (MaciASL/Jan 22015)

HD530: hda-gfx injection does not appear in IGPU@2

980: HDMI codec does not appear in IOReg/DCPIManager

Reattached the files, hope you can open them.

-SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2 for audio

-SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 for discrete GPU (no HDMI audio on Intel HD530)

-SSDT1 (extracted) to inject graphics.

-Had to rename GFX0 into IGPU in all tables to not get into conflict with GFX0 from SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0

Good:

-Hda-gfx showing on GFX0

Bad:

-HDAU not showing up in ioreg (never succeded to make it show up no matter what i do)

-No nvidia Codec showing up (intel unknown one instead, my laptop doesn't control HDMI audio through onboard -intel-, Discrete is the one that controls it, so i should have an NVIDIA codec showing up instead of an Intel one).

Any idea what is causing the above problems ?

-Had to rename GFX0 into IGPU in all tables to not get into conflict with GFX0 from SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0

Any idea what is causing the above problems ?

Good idea for GPU PM, not required for reason noted

No codec is not macOS problem, verify BIOS or hardware

• 1 month later...

Hi Toleda,

I am back with my trials on the HDMI audio.  The problem is that the NVidia HDMI audio Codec is not showing up in DPCIManager and nowhere else.  To make sure it is not hardware related i also used AIDA on windows and took screenshots of the Audio devices.

-Hardware Specs in my Signature (Chipset hm170 with Optimus HD530+980m GTX)

-Required files attached (with patched AppleHDA on Layout-id=0 for Creative CA0132)

-I implemented the data from SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml directly into my Tables (the _dsm method for PEGP into SSDT-17.aml and Device (HDAU) into DSDT.aml)

-HDMI audio and Video is only controlled through the discrete graphic (Nvidia 980m GTX). 

Can i ask again for your help on this ?

Archive.zip

post-946790-0-12603900-1482085177_thumb.jpg

post-946790-0-71772600-1482085182_thumb.jpg

post-946790-0-13001400-1482085188_thumb.jpg

post-946790-0-54458000-1482085437_thumb.png

The problem is that the NVidia HDMI audio Codec is not showing up in DPCIManager and nowhere else.

No sign of Nvidia HDMI audio codec. Appears the 980m  and HD530 codecs are disabled in macOS.

Regarding the dsdt edits, suggest moving ssdt/PEG0.PEGP/DSM edit to the dsdt (same as HDAU). No need to edit ssdts.

What is RP07/pci10de,5227?

No sign of Nvidia HDMI audio codec. Appears the 980m  and HD530 codecs are disabled in macOS.

Regarding the dsdt edits, suggest moving ssdt/PEG0.PEGP/DSM edit to the dsdt (same as HDAU). No need to edit ssdts.

What is RP07/pci10de,5227?

I will try that now.  By the way if i disable in internal display i see the intel codec in DPCI (but still no sign of the Nvidia Codec):

post-946790-0-63393600-1482097810_thumb.png

The device under RP07 is pci10ec,5227 not pci10de,5227

post-946790-0-54407600-1482097926_thumb.png

Moving the _dsm method into DSDT has no effect. The weird thing is that the 2nd audio codec showing up in DPCImanager (screenshot in previous post) is clearly the Intel HDMI audio device detected in AIDA (screenshot post 95).

Which makes me think that there is a condition somewhere probably in SSDT-17.aml that is pointing out to the intel HDMI audio instead of the Nvidia one.  The original _dsm method before i implemented yours was:

Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method

{

CreateByteField (Arg0, 0x03, GUID)

Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.HDSM (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3))

}

Keeping this one along with the new DSM method inserted into DSDT.aml (or removing this method and keeping only the one in DSDT.aml) has no effect...

Moving the _dsm method into DSDT has no effect.

Which makes me think that there is a condition somewhere probably in SSDT-17.aml that is pointing out to the intel HDMI audio instead of the Nvidia one.  

Moving the _DSM to the dsdt makes maintenance easier (one place to look and update).  SSDT-17 remains native.

Regarding SSDT-13 behavior, assuming you boot Windows, is the Nvidia HDMI codec visible?  If not, confirms your hypothesis.

Moving the _DSM to the dsdt makes maintenance easier (one place to look and update).  SSDT-17 remains native.

Regarding SSDT-13 behavior, assuming you boot Windows, is the Nvidia HDMI codec visible?  If not, confirms your hypothesis.

I meant it Had no effect when i moved the dsm method (did not mean to contradict your suggestion).

Other than that yes, on Windows it shows up (the screen shots of Aida were taken from Windows), and the HDMI audio is working on windows as well (Nvidia HDMI audio).

I tried to disable The HDMI audio device of Nvidia in device manager in windows (expecting the Intel HDMI audio to take over), but no. Only Nvidia is controlling the HDMI audio even if the Intel HDMI audio is showing up and enabled in the device manager.