ERROR: An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

Andrew1

8 posts in this topic

Hello,
I'm trying to install OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan on my build (MSI Z97 PC MATE, i3-4170, GTX 650), but every time I try to install it, it would give me the error (in the title) during the installation. I've tried many different things, including creating the USB installer from a legit Mac, starting up with -no-zp, Safe Mode (-x), and UseKernelCache=No, to installing to the SSD from a different Hackintosh using the same USB Flash Drive. Additionally, I tried replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi, which didn't do anything.

Please, if you can, tell me if there's any other thing I should try, because I spent the whole night trying to fix this error, with no luck.

I already looked at all the threads regarding this problem, or related to this problem. ALL OF THEM are NOT solving the problem at all. And to make matters worse, NOBODY is replying to me with relevant information. All I get is references to other posts, which I have already looked at.

Thanks,
Andrew1beachball.gif

möglicherweise beim Herunterladen der App vom App Store ein Übertragungsfehler aufgetreten ist, so ist die Essentials.pkg Defekt. die App aus dem Programme-Ordner zu entfernen, und starten Sie erneut den Download aus dem App Store.

Edit:

the problem is not rare, and each user had almost had the same problems.

möglicherweise beim Herunterladen der App vom App Store ein Übertragungsfehler aufgetreten ist, so ist die Essentials.pkg Defekt. die App aus dem Programme-Ordner zu entfernen, und starten Sie erneut den Download aus dem App Store.

Edit:

the problem is not rare, and each user had almost had the same problems.

I already re-downloaded it 3 times...

Hi Andrew,

first write your complete hardware specification in your signature.
This is for your current problem not so important, but later for make adjustments to your hardware.
So then each user can help you.

I have a question about your current problem, can you describe us how do you created the USB Flash Disk (Installer)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan on my build (MSI Z97 PC MATE, i3-4170, GTX 650), but every time I try to install it, it would give me the error (in the title) during the installation. I've tried many different things, including creating the USB installer from a legit Mac, starting up with -no-zp, Safe Mode (-x), and UseKernelCache=No, to installing to the SSD from a different Hackintosh using the same USB Flash Drive. Additionally, I tried replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi, which didn't do anything.

Please, if you can, tell me if there's any other thing I should try, because I spent the whole night trying to fix this error, with no luck.

I already looked at all the threads regarding this problem, or related to this problem. ALL OF THEM are NOT solving the problem at all. And to make matters worse, NOBODY is replying to me with relevant information. All I get is references to other posts, which I have already looked at.

Thanks,

Andrew1beachball.gif

Hey Andrew1,

How many memory modules do you have?

I came across the exact problem on a MacBook Pro with new memory modules were installed. Each time I tried to install Mac OS X the result was the same no matter how I created the USB disk. The error was because of a faulty memory module so I replaced the memories with a new pair and only then I was able to install Mac OS X.

So if you have more than one memory module try removing all but one of them and see if you can get passed the error, if the error still occurred change the memory module and try again and if it happened again try with some new memory modules if it's possible.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/8/2015 at 12:03 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Hey Andrew1,

How many memory modules do you have?

I came across the exact problem on a MacBook Pro with new memory modules were installed. Each time I tried to install Mac OS X the result was the same no matter how I created the USB disk. The error was because of a faulty memory module so I replaced the memories with a new pair and only then I was able to install Mac OS X.

So if you have more than one memory module try removing all but one of them and see if you can get passed the error, if the error still occurred change the memory module and try again and if it happened again try with some new memory modules if it's possible.

You are EXACTLY RIGHT!!! It's the memory modules. I took one out and tried to reinstall until one of them worked; and it did. My god, I was trying to figure the problem out for at least 2 days straight. Reformatting usb drives, using external hard drives, installing from another mac, using different os x versions.... All came up with errors. When I did the memory module check, it went through with no problem. I love macs but they can be an a** . 

Thank you for figuring out the problem. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HighLighter said:

You are EXACTLY RIGHT!!! It's the memory modules. I took one out and tried to reinstall until one of them worked; and it did. My god, I was trying to figure the problem out for at least 2 days straight. Reformatting usb drives, using external hard drives, installing from another mac, using different os x versions.... All came up with errors. When I did the memory module check, it went through with no problem. I love macs but they can be an a** . 

Thank you for figuring out the problem. 

I'm glad that your issue is resolved :)

Edited by Cyberdevs