OpenCore is now able to boot the installer and pre-existing installed macOS 11 Big Sur
macOS Big Sur beta 8 build (20A5374i) New!
VMware alternative topic
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the tedious steps or problems of other simlar apps.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install your bootloader of choiche on the usb (or just leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac).
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
(To sugegst a new feature please contact me on github)
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
- All downloads:
- Reccommended download for Catalina and Big Sur users:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license.
- We (the project creator and othe people involved with active developmment) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- We do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
Here are also some screenshots inside this spoiler tab
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 introduces local news in your Today feed in Apple News and improves the security and reliability of your Mac.
Resolves an issue where macOS would not automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks
Fixes an issue that could prevent files syncing through iCloud Drive
Addresses a graphic issue that may occur on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with Radeon Pro 5700 XT