[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT!!!!!

I just found a way to have UPDD Gestures + Pen with Wacom!!

As I found that our Tab 7 and Surface Pro (first and maybe second too) share the same Atmel touch panel (maXtouch 8xxx), I downloaded the according UPDD+Gestures from their Documentation webpage, and since they have (mostly) a M$ rebranded Wacom pen, it wont conflict with ours!! Check here: http://touch-base.com/documentation/SurfacePro.htm

here is the direct link to the UPDD download http://touch-base.com/downloads/SurfacePro/Contact/UPDD_05_01_1448.dmg

The UPDD 2016 fix still needs to be applied!

Procedure: 

1. Download the UPDD driver above.
  2. Install it
  3. SHUT DOWN THE TABLET, DO NOT REBOOT
  4. Start up the device
  5. Check if touch is working and the UPDD Console icon is showing (optionally, run updd-uk.app, restore your saved settings and try the gestures)
  6. Download the Wacom bamboo driver (http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers) for OS X and install it (it should the first pair)
  7. Shut down the computer again and start it up
  8. calibrate the Wacom pen
  9. ...
  10. Enjoy.

jJC3dm8.jpg

• Like 1

@edwinvarelas:

Great !! You did it !!!   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Yet I will wait for the coming WACOM drivers.   :)

BTW, I have changed the eraser tip to right-click successfully:

on run
	tell application "TabletDriver"
		set screenNumber to 0
		set tabletNumber to 0
		set transducerNumber to 0
		set BTNFUNC to button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber
		if BTNFUNC is equal to auto erase then
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to pan
			set button function of button 3 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to double click
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
		else
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
			set button function of button 3 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to double click
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to auto erase
		end if
	end tell
end run

The buttons on the stylus will be switched between { click, right-click, double-click, auto-erase, } and { click, pan/scroll, double-click, right-click, } for better fit of drawing mode and browsing mode usages.  :P

Can you remake your script for SwitchResX? just to tell the driver to use the absolute mode (well you know what you've written, maybe you can help). SwitchResX supports running scripts when an Action is activated (like rotation).

thanks working perfect.

Not that perfect unfortunately! 

I just found out lately that the microphone breaks from time to time. So here is what I got like remarks about it:

• If you just started the device, let it boot up to OS X desktop, put it to sleep (LED turns off) then wake it, here the sound will go, to fix that, put the screen to sleep (same as putting the tablet to sleep) but after 10 secs of black screen, click on any button to wake the screen up, OS X shouldn't be in sleep mode, test the volume by pressing volume buttons (make sure you have sound feedback on sound change enabled in Sound syspref). If the audio is still not working try until it works, make sure you have codeccoomander installed. The microphone should work now. This is mandatory if you want to use your mic.
  • If you use your microphone, after the sleep-wake, for some reason, it stops working either for some time and then it backs up, or until you put it to sleep again. Mostly this happens when you use the mic then stop using it and use it again. Sometimes it works as it should, sometimes it wont. 

There has been 3 versions of patches, don't worry I tried them all but only the first got audio+mic working, one of the other two got only audio, the third got nothing but weirdly it still showed the Volume icon clickable.

Sowwy 3:

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me if this guide is compatible with the xe700t1a-a03us? I am having a very difficult time getting anything going. Followed the guide multiple times and always get stuck on loading screen. I have however have been able to install and get up and running with this tutorial, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298815-guide-samsung-ativ-700t-yosemite/. But I am still running into issues such as not being able to boot unless plugged into hdmi monitor and configuring efi on system disk to allow me to not have to boot from usb overtime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone please tell me if this guide is compatible with the xe700t1a-a03us? I am having a very difficult time getting anything going. Followed the guide multiple times and always get stuck on loading screen. I have however have been able to install and get up and running with this tutorial, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298815-guide-samsung-ativ-700t-yosemite/. But I am still running into issues such as not being able to boot unless plugged into hdmi monitor and configuring efi on system disk to allow me to not have to boot from usb overtime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This guide is for 700t1C not 700t1A. You canngo to the chat if you want me to help, but dont expect miracle, ill try my best make it work for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get this method to work (trying to install 10.11.1 using either #1 or #20)  :(

I did manage the previous yosemite guide (with a few tweaks) and have done a few other hackintoshes, so don't believe I'm completely incompetent, but I can't get past a kernel panic trying to boot the installer.

I've already swapped out the wifi card for the bcm94532, and vaguely remember that (either airport or bluetooth) caused me installation issues the last time, so I ended up putting a couple of extra kexts into the clover folders, but I've destroyed my old yosemite OS, so can't think of a good way to grab them from the existing clover loader on the HDD and copy them to the new usb stick.

I did notice that my drivers64UEFI folder has 4 files not just the 2 that the guide suggests, but I didn't choose to include them so I'm not sure if they are simply always required?

FS-Inject64 and OsxFatBinaryDrv-64; are these needed?

here is my config.plist (#20 version), can anyone see anything wrong in here for just getting the installer running?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>DMAR</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Signature</key>
				<string>SSDT</string>
				<key>TableId</key>
				<string>CpuPm</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
		<true/>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>SortedOrder</key>
		<array>
			<string>SSDT.aml</string>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DefaultLoader</key>
		<string>boot.efi</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>3</string>
		</dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DoubleClick</key>
			<integer>500</integer>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Mirror</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1920x1080</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>iClover</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Expect 2 matches</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hQjsEA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hBnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				aQLsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AgUAAAAEAAAHAQAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AgUAAAAIAAAGAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>scrambled boot</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AQAAdRc=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AQAA6xc=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MLB</key>
		<string>C02032109R5DC771H</string>
		<key>ROM</key>
		<string>UseMacAddr0</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>05/10/12</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBA51.88Z.00EF.B00.1205221442</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-2E6FAB96566FE58C</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>Air-Enclosure</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>10</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Air</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookAir5,2</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>CK218FA9DRVC</string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

@SirGanty

ok I'll share my way of doing Clover:

• Open the UEFI Setup Interface (you should know that, do only one of them):
    • Pwr off > Press windows button (under the screen) > Power on > When Samsung logo shows up release Wdws btn > BOOM
    • Dock the kyb > Power off > keep hitting rapidly F2 and power on > Boom!
    • Windows's way > While pressing "Shift" btn, click on Reboot, or Open Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Advanced Reboot > ... wait ... > Advanced Tools/Settings (or something like that) > Boot Firmware > BOOM!
  • Reset to default your settings 
  • Go to Boot > Disable Secure Boot > UEFI OS (no need for CSM)

On your USB:

• Make Clover USB:
    • if on windows, use cVad tool : http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/bootdiskutility_exe/0-5[YOU MAY USE IT TO MAKE THE OS X INSTALLER TOO, it will install a recovery in the USB, Internet is needed, so you need a kext injector/dsdt injector if needed, I don't have BCM cards so I don't know, but Atheros need an injector kext]
    • if on linux download clover ISO and extract its content in the target USB
    • if on OS X ... well I'm not telling you, you know it
  • remove all drivers from drivers64UEFI but : FSInject-64.efi HFSPlus.efi (if you have VboxHFS download HFSPlus from the 1st post) OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and optionally PartitionDxe-64.efi.
  • Delete all folders from Clover folder and leave: ACPI drivers64UEFI | kexts | misc | ROMthemes | tools
  • Delete all folders in kext folder but Other, it will inject kext no matter what OS X version you're using/installing.
  • Download Rehabman's premade config.plist from here (it will open and show you the clover config, right click on the webpage and select Save as ... and choose where to put it, remember to uncheck "use .txt.....", if you didn't, rename the file by removing the .txt extension, use terminal and mv command to rename it too if the graphical UI explorer (nemo, nautilus, Finder, Win expl.) didn't work for you)
  • Open the file and remove :
    • "ig-platform-id" and the string below it
    • Disable both EHCx patches (adding Disabled string with true, look for the string somewhere and copy it under them)
    • go to KextstoPatch and remove "disabled" flag for all "HD4000-audio" and the Glitch patch for 10.11
    • add this:  No need anymore, AppleALC does the job
      			<dict>
      				<key>Find</key>
      				<data>
      				hQjsEA==
      				</data>
      				<key>Name</key>
      				<key>Replace</key>
      				<data>
      				AAAAAA==
      				</data>
      			</dict>
      			<dict>
      				<key>Find</key>
      				<data>
      				hBnUEQ==
      				</data>
      				<key>Name</key>
      				<key>Replace</key>
      				<data>
      				aQLsEA==
      				</data>
      			</dict>
      			<dict>
      				<key>Find</key>
      				<data>
      				gxnUEQ==
      				</data>
      				<key>Name</key>
      				<key>Replace</key>
      				<data>
      				AAAAAA==
      				</data>
      			</dict>

• Change MacBookPro9,2 to MacBookAir5,2
  • Save and copy your file to EFI > CLOVER and rename it to clover.plist (remember to remove the .txt)
  • Download FakeSMC.kext http://hwsensors.com/releases: Click on "(Binaries)" to dl a dmg, open it and copy FakeSMC to kext/Other/ (usually if you're using cvad's tool, it will download it for you, but if it didn't do that, also use transmac or HFS Explorer (java) to mount/open the DMG)
  • Your key should be bootable now.

Please send a feedback if it worked.

So I've managed to get 10.11.4 up and running :)

thanks to everyone here

But I'm unable to verify against the app store?

Should I be able to following these instructions?

I see #20 specifies that you need an original serial number?

Does that mean that the magic wand / SMBIOS settings need to have a 'real' serial number rather than a magic wand version?

Thanks again

Antony

So I've managed to get 10.11.4 up and running :)

thanks to everyone here

But I'm unable to verify against the app store?

Should I be able to following these instructions?

I see #20 specifies that you need an original serial number?

Does that mean that the magic wand / SMBIOS settings need to have a 'real' serial number rather than a magic wand version?

Thanks again

Antony

Open using finder this folder /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and remove NetworkInterfaces.plist, reboot and try again, if that didn't work, remove all the files there (under SystemConfiguration) and reboot. Give me a feedback about it :)

I installed nullethernet (and therefore followed the above as part of that) and it works now :)

thanks very much midi

so the only 2 weirdnesses I have left are:

1) in built audio doesn't work - I can see the ALC269 device in DPCI manager, but its not in my audio output list in preferences

2) as part of trying to enable 5GHz on my BCM94532, my SD Card slot seems to have disappeared

neither of which are the end of the world, but I'll keep plugging away :)

I'm running 10.11.4. Everything was working fine and i've installed an AR9280 wifi card, working oob. But now i have the same problem as SirGanty, audio is working but the microSD slot is gone. Gparted live won't show it either, so i'm thinking maybe something went wrong when i opened the tablet to change the wifi card. Any clues?

Btw, thanks for the guide!! :-)

I installed nullethernet (and therefore followed the above as part of that) and it works now :)

thanks very much midi

so the only 2 weirdnesses I have left are:

1) in built audio doesn't work - I can see the ALC269 device in DPCI manager, but its not in my audio output list in preferences

2) as part of trying to enable 5GHz on my BCM94532, my SD Card slot seems to have disappeared

neither of which are the end of the world, but I'll keep plugging away :)

I'm running 10.11.4. Everything was working fine and i've installed an AR9280 wifi card, working oob. But now i have the same problem as SirGanty, audio is working but the microSD slot is gone. Gparted live won't show it either, so i'm thinking maybe something went wrong when i opened the tablet to change the wifi card. Any clues?

Btw, thanks for the guide!! :-)

Weird! Ill go home hand check this. I dont use my microsd slot a lot, but ill give it a shot and check it, normally it only appears when an sd card is in (so no matter what, you wont see the device in the prefpan. Anyway, ill give it a shot later.

About nullethernet, no need for that. What the appstore need is a built-in network device, no matter what bsd name it has. I dont have that kext and it's not needed IMO. :)

It turns out it was the microSD card. I forgot to remove the card when i opened the tablet and it broke somehow. I checked with another one and now it's working so everything is running ok now. Thanks a lot anyway, midi.

Tip: Always remove the microSD card when opening the tablet :D

It turns out it was the microSD card. I forgot to remove the card when i opened the tablet and it broke somehow. I checked with another one and now it's working so everything is running ok now. Thanks a lot anyway, midi.

Tip: Always remove the microSD card when opening the tablet :D

I, too, learnt that the hard way (1,5 years of memories lost! And many work stuff). Good thing that the port didnt break.

• 3 weeks later...

First off I want to thank all of the people on this thread that have spent so much time, effort and Knowledge getting this tablet working so well. I currently have my Samsung running Yosemite nearly flawlessly. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to change the resolution of the display when it is rotated. I have switchresx installed and a host of resolutions are available to me when the display is in its "normal" orientation, however rotating the display only allows for the native 1080 which is pretty hard to use. 

First off I want to thank all of the people on this thread that have spent so much time, effort and Knowledge getting this tablet working so well. I currently have my Samsung running Yosemite nearly flawlessly. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to change the resolution of the display when it is rotated. I have switchresx installed and a host of resolutions are available to me when the display is in its "normal" orientation, however rotating the display only allows for the native 1080 which is pretty hard to use.

That's mostly a os x limitation, i tried to but it wouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

ok I found a gr8 kext for audio, no need for dummies or AppleHDA patches through Clover, AppleALC does that! 

Just dl it, put it in Clover > kexts > *your version*, put Inject=6 in config.plist and reboot.

Works from version 10.8. I did some tests from 10.11.2 up to 10.11.5 (each time an upgrade to the next version) and it's working fine :)

Bugs: from time to time, microphone doesn't go back after sleep, unless it's a looooooooong sleep (it still varies!)

Link to the thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-%E2%80%94-dynamic-applehda-patching/
Link to Github for download: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

ok I found a gr8 kext for audio, no need for dummies or AppleHDA patches through Clover, AppleALC does that! 

Just dl it, put it in Clover > kexts > *your version*, put Inject=6 in config.plist and reboot.

Works from version 10.8. I did some tests from 10.11.2 up to 10.11.5 (each time an upgrade to the next version) and it's working fine :)

Bugs: from time to time, microphone doesn't go back after sleep, unless it's a looooooooong sleep (it still varies!)

Link to the thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-%E2%80%94-dynamic-applehda-patching/

Link to Github for download: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

how to install, i don't understand for install applealc