8 posts in this topic

Brand: HP
Operating system: Windows
Processor speed: 1.86 GHz
Installed memory: 2 GB RAM
Number of cores: Dual-core
Processor brand: Intel CPU
Hard Drive: 160gb Hard Drive
Display Adapter: Intel®  Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Network Adapter: I have 3- 1. Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet 2. NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 Wireless USB Adapter and 3. VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter(I use NETGEAR for internet)

Motherboard: 0A60h(Model-Hewlett-Packard)

Can i run OS x 10.6 snow leopard successfully on this PC?

post-1567925-0-73573100-1438094091.jpg

Display Adapter: Intel®  Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Q965/Q963 = Intel GMA 3000, you have no support.

Only X3100 in 32bits. E.g: Snow or Lion

• Like 1

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio - This is not information....we have a lot of audio codecs, but in this cases, you can use VoodooHDA.

NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 = I don't find much information about the compatibility is good with OS X, only problems... :( 

• Like 1

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio - This is not information....we have a lot of audio codecs, but in this cases, you can use VoodooHDA.

NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 = I don't find much information about the compatibility is good with OS X, only problems... :( 

Man thats a problem how am i gonna use Mac OS X without internet :(

For Ethernet you can try this: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/2728-broadcom-netxtreme-gigabit-ethernet/

You already search in Google about this? 

In Olarila Forum, you can search if your device have the proper kexts: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63

Thx for the help mate i'll definitely try this. Yeah i already google that.

• Like 1

There is no support for the WMA1100 USB dongle. According to wikidevi, it's based on the Atheros AR9271 chip which is not supported under OS X.

You would therefore have to replace it by a supported card or USB dongle. There are plenty to choose from and they're dead cheap. For instance, although none of the Netgear documentation bears any mention of OS X support, the 300Mbps WMA3100M does work in SL, L, ML, Mav and Yos with the Realtek driver (downloadable off Realtek's web site!). I've got one myself and am really happy with it. There's a non exhaustive list of supported/unsupported wifi devices here:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-inventory/

For audio, LAN and any other hardware fitted to that old PC, you need to identify them and post the PCI vendor + device ids. This is what the Hackintosh community heavily relies on to research on hardware and confirm likely support under OS X.

You can try various tools within windows to look this up, although the built-in Device Manager can be used to that effect. You can browse each particular piece of hardware individually and then look for the vendor + device id in the driver's tab. You don"t need to look at all individual components listed in the Device Manager of course, only the main "accessories" if you see what I mean: graphics card, LAN card, audio card, Bluetooth module, webcam, etc; that kind of stuff.P

Edit: as usual, it pays to simply look at the manufacturer's specs. Amazing how most people seem to forget this most basic and simple task re: Hackintoshing inquiries...

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00809043

With your current basic 32bit CoreDuo, you should have no particular issue installing and running SL. Fit a 64bit Core2Duo like an E6600 or E6700 in it and you could go all the way to Lion, ML, Mav and Yosemite with the right PCIe x16 graphics card. A cheap & cheerful card such as the nVidia GeForce G210 will normally work OOB under all of those. A slightly better but still very cheap GeForce GT610 will also work OOB from ML. Just make sure they hold genuine nVidia ids (e.g: Twintech made cards), not weird or competitors ids (e.g.: Asus GeForce GT610 that bears AMD Radeon Mobility ids!!!)

Specs also list Broadcom 5755 NetXtreme LAN card + Realtek ALC260 audio and these will be fully supported under OS X. Firewire and USB ports should work OOB too.

All in all, an old desktop but totally Hackintoshable on paper!  :yes:

Thank you for time Herve and Allan now thanks to you I can safely install hazard on the PC

• Like 1