Broadcom Bluetooth 20702A

Xeon3D

123 posts in this topic

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my BT doesn't work ...

I tried to updated the IOProviderClass IOUSBDevice to IOUSBHostDevice in several injectors and none of them work (in /S/L/E, and in Efi/C/...)

Can you share one that is working for you ?

(for information I've got a BCM94352 ...)

Some bt needs a bluetooth firmware uploader to work. If it's your case (in 10.10 you need brcmpatchram or btformwareuploader), you have to wait until developer update the code, or try modifying the info.plist. Lisai9093 has success with modified btformwareuploader, hope he can post the kext.

You need to change it in both places for BTFirmwareUploader.kext

AppleBroadcomBTUSBController_xxxx and Info- BCM - xxxxx

For WifiInjector to use with vanilla BTFirmwareUploader.kext, I need to add a new key for my DW1560-NGFF

post-800798-0-37414700-1435186474_thumb.png

I tried to updated the IOProviderClass IOUSBDevice to IOUSBHostDevice in several injectors and none of them work (in /S/L/E, and in Efi/C/...)

hello

u can try inject something like this

or use rehab new injector kext for el cap

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads

only use the injector

good hack

Captura de ecrã 2015-06-24, Ã s 23.53.19.png

Captura de ecrã 2015-06-24, Ã s 23.54.03.png

For 10.10 and prior: BrcmPatchRAM.kext (+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext).

For 10.11: BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

For 10.11: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext. (+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext)

Both available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Hint: 10.11 seems to have Broadcom bluetooth firmware uploader built-in, but best to use the custom firmware provided by BrcmPatchRAM.

• Like 1

Me, too. I've got an AzureWave AW-CE123H which has the same BCM94352HMB as yours, but it seems not to work, although I've modified the info.plist in the kexts

Mine is the Asus version of the AzureWave AW-CE 123H.  (PID 6095 VID 2821)  I modified the injector kext myself.  Here is what is working for me.

BCM20702A0Injector.kext.zip

For 10.10 and prior: BrcmPatchRAM.kext

For 10.11: BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

Both available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Hint: 10.11 seems to have Broadcom bluetooth firmware uploader built-in. No need for firmware uploader kext, only injector kext for IOKitPersonality needed.

For some BT that needs BrcmPatchRAM.kext in 10.10 and prior, the Injector kext is still not enough right?

Mine is the Asus version of the AzureWave AW-CE 123H.  (PID 6095 VID 2821)  I modified the injector kext myself.  Here is what is working for me.

attachicon.gifBCM20702A0Injector.kext.zip

I just checked. That vid/pid combo is already in BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (and BrcmPatchRAM.kext).

For some BT that needs BrcmPatchRAM.kext in 10.10 and prior, the Injector kext is still not enough right?

Not so far. My device (0a5c:21fb) needs firmware upload on 10.10 (was provided by BrcmPatchRAM.kext), but not on 10.11.

Injector seems to be enough...

Clearly, there is a new built-in firmware uploader.

hello

u can try inject something like this

or use rehab new injector kext for el cap

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads

only use the injector

good hack

I've got the same device as you (same vendor and product id) but firmware is never loaded. I've used the injector from RehabMan 

Hint: 10.11 seems to have Broadcom bluetooth firmware uploader built-in. No need for firmware uploader kext, only injector kext for IOKitPersonality needed.

I tested injector:

1. BCM94360HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (0b05_180a)

Driver loaded, BT find any devices and works fine.

2. BCM94352HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (13d3_3411)

Driver loaded, BT no find any devices... Need another firmware.

2. BCM94352HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (04ca_200b)

I tested injector:

1. BCM94360HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (0b05_180a)

Driver loaded, BT find any devices and works fine.

2. BCM94352HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (13d3_3411)

2. BCM94352HMB, Bluetooth 20702A0 (04ca_200b)

I've started on a re-write to BrcmPatchRAM.kext for it to use the new IOUSBHost* interfaces (eg. the new USB stack). Since the new USB interfaces are totally different than the old, it is non-trivial.

It is mostly done (98%), but not tested at all, since I discovered the firmware provided by Apple (for my device) is working. When I have a chance, I'll continue to work on it. Maybe Apple will add more firmwares as time goes on (they should look at BrcmPatchRAM source :- ... oops... but then they'd have to open source their own firmware upload!). With a fall release, we have plenty of time to see what happens.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've stated on a re-write to BrcmPatchRAM.kext for it to use the new IOUSBHost* interfaces (eg. the new USB stack). Since the new USB interfaces are totally different than the old, it is non-trivial.

It is mostly done (98%), but not tested at all, since I discovered the firmware provided by Apple (for my device) is working. When I have a chance, I'll continue to work on it. Maybe Apple will add more firmwares as time goes on (they should look at BrcmPatchRAM source :- ... oops... but then they'd have to open source their own firmware upload!). With a fall release, we have plenty of time to see what happens.

So if I understood that right, with the AzureWave AW-CE123H Device ID: 13316, Vendor: 5075, I can just install the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. or put it in clover EFI kext folder and it should be good to go, cause that didn't work for me on a GA-H97N-WIFI board.

Does that have something to do with the USB not working properly, my USB does work, but when I try to eject USB pendrive it just hangs?

So if I understood that right, with the AzureWave AW-CE123H Device ID: 13316, Vendor: 5075, I can just install the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. or put it in clover EFI kext folder and it should be good to go, cause that didn't work for me on a GA-H97N-WIFI board.

Does that have something to do with the USB not working properly, my USB does work, but when I try to eject USB pendrive it just hangs?

Check ioreg to see if your USB controllers are working correctly.

Note: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

No chance of USB bluetooth device working if USB controllers aren't fully working.

My Bluetooth is vid 0930 pid 0223 and the new kexts that inject id doesn't work. Actually it works, but the firmware version is c4096, and on windows it's 5545. So there's an icon but it can't do anything.

Is there any kext that can upload the right firmware? BTFirmwareuploader tried, no effect. On 10.10 it works.

Check ioreg to see if your USB controllers are working correctly.

Note: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

No chance of USB bluetooth device working if USB controllers aren't fully working.

So I was able to fix the bluetooth with your FakePCIID kexts, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and applied kext patch for the handoff from here http://www.insanelym...mini/?p=2143521

Nothing else worked, but even before I used those kexts the USB was seemingly working, so not sure why the bluetooth didn't show up.

So I was able to fix the bluetooth with your FakePCIID kexts, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and applied kext patch for the handoff from here http://www.insanelym...mini/?p=2143521

Nothing else worked, but even before I used those kexts the USB was seemingly working, so not sure why the bluetooth didn't show up.

Quite a few have reported that XHCIMux helps USB ports that weren't working... start working.

Bluetooth is on an internal USB port.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few have reported that XHCIMux helps USB ports that weren't working... start working.

Bluetooth is on an internal USB port.

Ok, so now bluetooth shows up but it will not connect to any device, it quits with failed to connect message, any idea what causing that, still don't know if my USB working correctly, would you take a look at my ioreg file please.

Robert’s iMac.zip

I had to place my BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in /SL/E/ to get to loaded in DP4.

Bluetooth is fine according "System Information"

HandOff is still activated

But my Magic Mouse is no longer seen by my system  :blink:  even after many reboots / resets of BT prefs / switches on-off wifi bt ... :no:

(it works well with my MBP)

Does anybody encounter the same situation ?

Ok, so now bluetooth shows up but it will not connect to any device, it quits with failed to connect message, any idea what causing that, still don't know if my USB working correctly, would you take a look at my ioreg file please.

No bluetooth device on the USB bus in this ioreg. Likely USB problem.

In 10.11, my bluetooth shows up (both in USB and in settings, system information), it can search for devices, but when I try to connect, it always failed. In Yosemite, I have to have the firmware uploaded using BrcmPatchRAM.

• 1 month later...