[Guide] Dual-boot with Windows 10 and Clover - Legacy or UEFI

fusion71au

31 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Sorry if I write here, but I tryed in many ways to create a new topic without success(the field of the message was a row and I can't write in it).

I had a really frustrating problem.
I had windows on a 500gb HD and Mac OS on an 256gb SSD. All went well, I re-install windows a lot of times without problems.

Now, I took away the windows disk and I putted in a new 128gb SSD for windows.

I installed windows 10 and it worked, then I restarted a couple of time and it still worked.
After I turned off my pc, I tryed again to access windows and I get "Bootmgr is missing ctrl+ alt + del to restart".

I tryed again, same thing. Windows file was ok, so I don't understood.

I re-install windows 10 again, and it worked. After shutdown (not restart), same problem, but now it tells "NTLDR is missing ctrl+ alt + del to restart".

I really don't know why and what to do solve this...

Can someone please help me?

Sorry again if I write here.

Thx

• 5 months later...

I know this guide was written in 2015 but it sure did help me towards the end of 2018 getting a dual boot set up properly on a Legacy machine. Just wanted to say thanks! :)

Edited by bocajoe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if anyone has been able to make a Fat32 Formatted USB with either the April or October 2018 Updates of Windows 10.
I can't seem to get an ISO smaller than 4.7gb - and thus I have to choose NTFS for filesystem - which I am having trouble installing Clover on.

Currently I have single boot OS X High Sierra and an extra drive I want to put Windows 10 Pro x64 on... Is this still the guide?

If I have to use NTFS for the USB - how do I install Clover there?

• 6 months later...