[FIX] Fix for black screen on AMD 7XXX cards!

IntelFanatic

122 posts in this topic

Can you show DarwinDumper report in this case? I am sure you made a mistake.

When i came home, i show you DarwinDumper report..

IDK if it's helpful for hackintosh, but just for the record I can say that flashed 7770 in a Mac Pro does not need patching the driver in 10.10.3 nor in El Capitan. Non-flashed does need in both.

It's not about 7770, but the 7730..

It's not about 7770, but the 7730..

Not exactly. You do have a problem with 7730 ;)

7770 is affected as well, and this thread is titled "...on AMD 7xxx cards".

I posted this info in case if it would be helpful somehow for someone with a hack.

• Like 1

Here is my DarwinDumper report..

OK.

Your Clover is too old 2754 vs 3229 but reliable to do the thing. (not sure)

You have to set FakeID for the Radeon because your native 6837 is not supported by OSX drivers.

The most similar is 6839 which is supported. Set as follow

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x68391002</string>

Hmmm. I am not sure if Clover 2754 contains this feature....

I have 3229 clover,but i install today, early version 2754,because of patch kext amd7000 and amdradeonx4000,which not work with 3229,but same not working with 2754 clover.

I tried fake id,but dont work.

Whether to try just fake id,without patch kext amd7000 and amdradeonx4000?

I have 3229 clover,but i install today, early version 2754,because of patch kext amd7000 and amdradeonx4000,which not work with 3229,but same not working with 2754 clover.

I tried fake id,but dont work.

Whether to try just fake id,without patch kext amd7000 and amdradeonx4000?

Yes, you may try without patch kexts.

Do not forget to apply new DarwinDumper report.

I try this, and it's work.. 

Here is DarwinDumper to see that everything is fine?

I think all is good. You may test with OpenGL Extension Viewer, or with some benchmarks.

There is only one doubt. The boot.log said this is Oland family?! Is it true?

I think all is good. You may test with OpenGL Extension Viewer, or with some benchmarks.

There is only one doubt. The boot.log said this is Oland family?! Is it true?

No, isn't true.. Cape  Verde LE, is true.. Can i change to be Cape Verde LE, as it should be?

System info, tells me that the graphics unknown device, but it looks as if everything is working ok.

This is ID for Oland:

6608 Oland GL [FirePro W2100]
6610 Oland XT [Radeon HD 8670 / R7 250/350]
6611 Oland [Radeon HD 8570 / R7 240/340 OEM]
6613 Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340]
6631 Oland
I don't know, how he can see it as it is Oland, when I was assigned fake id 0x68391002??

No, isn't true.. Cape  Verde LE, is true.. Can i change to be Cape Verde LE, as it should be?

System info, tells me that the graphics unknown device, but it looks as if everything is working ok.

This is ID for Oland:

6608 Oland GL [FirePro W2100]
6610 Oland XT [Radeon HD 8670 / R7 250/350]
6611 Oland [Radeon HD 8570 / R7 240/340 OEM]
6613 Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340]
6631 Oland
I don't know, how he can see it as it is Oland, when I was assigned fake id 0x68391002??

OK, this is a Clover bug. Corrected in 3241. I think it is not influence on your results. Just message in boot.log will be Verde.

Thanks for your testing revealed this bug.  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

For me this card will not wake up from sleep since a late El Capitan Beta don't remember which version, also with AppStore release, has someone found a patch for this issue ?

I've played with darkwake but no luck, sometimes it wakes up which is faster than Yosemite

No issues with Yosemite.

I use HIS HD7770 and have the same issue after install El Capitan, the screen showing glitch pixels and stuck. I searched for kext and found an article told me that I should use Verde.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306530-os-x-el-capitan-dps-builds/page-4

but then my card only shows 5mb

I also installed patched AMDRadeonX4000.kext but not solve anything, my cards still show 5mb.

anybody help? 

I try this, and it's work.. 

Here is DarwinDumper to see that everything is fine?

Can you please tell me how you fix this problem? I have the same, my HIS HD7770 show 5MB. Tried lot of method but failed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to your board and I found you since I was looking for a fix for my 7770 in El Capitan. The card is running w/o any problems with verde.kext but I experience the same issue with wake like wern apfel.

I also did some tests with darkwake but I didnt found any value that brings the system back from sleep.

Testing without the 7770 and using the integrated HD4000 showed that sleep/wake is working without any problems.

I'm happy to test suggestions on how to fix this issue!

I'm new to your board and I found you since I was looking for a fix for my 7770 in El Capitan. The card is running w/o any problems with verde.kext but I experience the same issue with wake like wern apfel.

I also did some tests with darkwake but I didnt found any value that brings the system back from sleep.

Testing without the 7770 and using the integrated HD4000 showed that sleep/wake is working without any problems.

I'm happy to test suggestions on how to fix this issue!

It is known unresolved problem. "Radeon 6000+ will not wake after sleep in ElCapitan"

No graphics / USB / Audio after wake    

It is known unresolved problem. "Radeon 6000+ will not wake after sleep in ElCapitan"

No graphics / USB / Audio after wake    

not true my r7 250 6870 7970 290x and 390x all wake just fine without issue audio works usb works if there is a issue it's not with everyone

not true my r7 250 6870 7970 290x and 390x all wake just fine without issue audio works usb works if there is a issue it's not with everyone

Can you show system.log after wake up beginning from line " wake reason", and 20 lines more?

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

Does this fix also work for 7970?

I'm having black screen problem after installation of 10.11.3. It boots right into black screen right after the line

"GPU hardware VM is enabled ......."

Then i press the power button to activate sleep. wake it back up and the cursor appears. I can move the cursor with the mouse.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Does this fix also work for 7970?

I'm having black screen problem after installation of 10.11.3. It boots right into black screen right after the line

"GPU hardware VM is enabled ......."

Then i press the power button to activate sleep. wake it back up and the cursor appears. I can move the cursor with the mouse.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks

To update everyone, It turns out if i put the GPU into another pcie slot, it works fine. I did not use any fix. 

• 2 months later...

Not completely related to the subject of this thread but you should know that Verde.kext no longer works in macOS 10.12 Sierra. It causes KP so we have to manually edit the AMDRadeonX4000.kext to fix it as explained here (in portuguese) or in post #1 (in english).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a Dell XPS 8500 with Radeon HD 7770 GPU (2 GB), and am trying to decide whether Hackintoshing the system (Sierra) is worth trying. It appears verde.kext must be working for you in 10.12.1.  So, I have some hope for this GPU.

I have a separate concern - my GPU has only 3 ports - DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-I (Dual Link). So I have concerns about how well things are going to go - all the issues with ATI personalities and choosing appropriate frame buffers.

Perhaps the only way to know is to go ahead and see what happens?