[pre-release] OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

Wayang-NT

41 posts in this topic

It installed just fine for me and I have noticed no issues, features or bonuses of 10.10.4.  However, my Clover theme recognizes it as 10.4, not 10.10.4, so I am now getting the Tiger icon when I boot up.

• Like 1

It installed just fine for me and I have noticed no issues, features or bonuses of 10.10.4.  However, my Clover theme recognizes it as 10.4, not 10.10.4, so I am now getting the Tiger icon when I boot up.

Corrected in revision 3201

• Like 2

Handoff not working on 10.10.4. System bug?

I didn't notice the problem with Handoff when I installed but when you mentioned it, I noticed that I had the same problem.  I also use the BCM4360 kext.  I had to re-enable my account in messages preferences, enter the code sent to my iPhone, and Handoff functionality was restored.  If you have any issues logging out and back in to messages, iCloud or FaceTime, do this at your own risk.

I didn't notice the problem with Handoff when I installed but when you mentioned it, I noticed that I had the same problem.  I also use the BCM4360 kext.  I had to re-enable my account in messages preferences, enter the code sent to my iPhone, and Handoff functionality was restored.  If you have any issues logging out and back in to messages, iCloud or FaceTime, do this at your own risk.

Thanks~ My case is little different. I have to sign out/in iCloud on my iPhone to get Handoff working. PC side alone does not take any effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strange issue..the upper finder bar has only some icons shown as well as any folder. 

Edit: fixed OpenCL.framework was corrupted

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 14E26a and, for now, I have a very weird internet issue.  Both Safari and Firefox tell me that they are not connected to the internet.  I am able to access the firmware in my router, however, and am able to connect to other computers on my network.  Now here's the really weird thing:  I am running Windows 7 in Parallels and I can access the internet in Windows 7.  This is true whether I use a shared or bridged network.  Any ideas about what may be causing this?  I can restore the network kexts from the prior version but that won't help me address the real problem.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

OK, I guess I didn't give anyone a chance to help me out but I solved my problem and am posting my fix here in case someone else encounters this.  

I had the problem with my laptop waking from sleep due to the RTC (Alarm) issue.  I resolved this using the method in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/

One of the things you do for this fix is to unload discoveryd.  I noticed in my rules configuration for Hands Off (like Little Snitch) that the rule for discoveryd was invalid but that it couldn't be deleted or edited.  So, on a hunch, I entered the following code in Terminal:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist

After I rebooted, my internet was restored.  I don't know yet whether I messed up my sleep and whether the wake reason RTC (Alarm) will return.  I will find that out tonight.  It is quite likely that I can unload that and not lose internet but I will wait and see if sleep is messed up because I loaded discoveryd.

Discoveryd has been dropped in favor of the old mDNSResponder in the latest beta so you should probably undo that fix before updating.

Thanks for the info.  I ran the command to unload discoveryd in Terminal and rebooted.  Still had internet.  What do you think about the sleep fix for Wake Reason: RTC (Alarm)?  Is it no longer relevant in 10.10.4? 

If they really keep mDNSResponder as the default system for the final release (and don't change it that much) then you shouldn't need the fix anymore. That is, if Discoveryd was the only culprit of the issue.