Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

v0.75.2 -> 0.75.3

Fix a couple of issues when returning from help page (Thanks droples).

- Free space is no longer checked for when no partition is selected.

- Order of some items sent to UI reverted to retain previous settings.

hmmm..

I can't see why by looking at your log file.

Searching for 'Sending UI: FreeSpace:' shows me 10 instances, each with more than 10M which is the threshold where the low space warning is shown.

Can you give me steps to replicate this?

Hi blackosx.  I'm not having a problem with Clover Theme Manager, per se, but I am having trouble changing themes and I think the problem may be that I have too many different ways to do so.  Beside Clover Theme Manager, I use Clover Configurator and have a theme in my config.plist.  I also have the Clover prefpane and it also allows me to change themes.  When I try to change my theme, it seems that no matter what method I use, or when I use all of them, my theme still stays the same.  I'm thinking that this may have something to do with changes being saved to nvram.plist but I have no way to be sure.  All I know is that I have been using the Yosemite theme since it came out.  I wanted to try the LightUp theme and can do so manually once Clover starts but there is no way I can get it to start from boot up.  Any thoughts?

Hi mnfesq

First of all, try to find out what is happening by checking Clover's bootlog.

For example, for legacy boot here I have:

1:410  0:092  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'BackupML' - loaded, size=1432
../snip/..
1:421  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.Theme: Size = 3, Data: 72 65 64
../snip/..
1:423  0:000  Choosing theme red

For UEFI boot:

0:727  0:000  Using theme 'Simple Grey Rounds' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\Simple Grey Rounds)
0:727  0:000  theme Simple Grey Rounds defined in NVRAM found and theme.plist parsed
0:729  0:001  font WoB_Hellfire_Bold_9W.png loaded from themedir
0:729  0:000  Choosing theme Simple Grey Rounds

OK, here's what I found:

3:035  0:119  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'SSD-OSX' - loaded, size=2624
3:036  0:001  PutNvramPlistToRtVars ...
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: BackgroundClear: Size = 4, Data: 00 00 00 00 
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.KeepBackupLimit: Size = 1, Data: 30 
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.LogEveryBoot: Size = 3, Data: 59 65 73 
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.LogLineCount: Size = 4, Data: 33 30 30 30 
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.MountEFI: Size = 3, Data: 59 65 73 
3:036  0:000   Adding Key: Clover.Theme: Size = 13, Data: 59 6F 73 65 6D 69 74 65 4C 6F 67 69 6E

and this:

3:038  0:001  Using theme 'YosemiteLogin' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\YosemiteLogin)
3:038  0:000  theme YosemiteLogin defined in NVRAM found and theme.plist parsed
3:038  0:000  OS main and drive as badge
3:044  0:005  font font.png loaded from themedir
3:044  0:000  Choosing theme YosemiteLogin

But I have LIghtUp in my config.plist for Clover, LIghtUp shows as the default theme in the Clover Prefpane, and I selected LightUp in Clover Theme Manager.

hmmm..

I can't see why by looking at your log file.

Searching for 'Sending UI: FreeSpace:' shows me 10 instances, each with more than 10M which is the threshold where the low space warning is shown.

Can you give me steps to replicate this?

Hi,blackosx.

osx10.10.1

Run CloverThemeManagement.Do not mount ESP Partition.
Select the next menu item.  ->How to add my theme ->Back to App.
After these steps, the message is "Warning:Low Space"

@mnfesq - Your bootlog shows that file /Volumes/SSD-OSX/nvram.plist contains a Clover.Theme entry of YosemiteLogin.

A theme entry in NVRAM takes precedence over any in config.plist.

If you edit /Volumes/SSD-OSX/nvram.plist and remove the theme entry then providing you don’t have any other nvram.plist files saved anywhere (Clover scans all devices to find one), the theme specificed in your config.plist will be loaded (if said theme does actually exist).

When you set the default theme in CloverThemeManager it only changes the current Clover.Theme NVRAM variable. If you’re legacy booting Clover then your system will need to be setup to write the NVRAM vars to file on shutdown. For Yosemite I believe this is now done with a daemon at /Library/Application Support/Clover/CloverDaemon and associated scripts which will be setup by the Clover installer.

@droples - Thanks. I'll take a look.

@mnfesq - Your bootlog shows that file /Volumes/SSD-OSX/nvram.plist contains a Clover.Theme entry of YosemiteLogin.

A theme entry in NVRAM takes precedence over any in config.plist.

If you edit /Volumes/SSD-OSX/nvram.plist and remove the theme entry then providing you don’t have any other nvram.plist files saved anywhere (Clover scans all devices to find one), the theme specificed in your config.plist will be loaded (if said theme does actually exist).

When you set the default theme in CloverThemeManager it only changes the current Clover.Theme NVRAM variable. If you’re legacy booting Clover then your system will need to be setup to write the NVRAM vars to file on shutdown. For Yosemite I believe this is now done with a daemon at /Library/Application Support/Clover/CloverDaemon and associated scripts which will be setup by the Clover installer.

Thanks, that worked.

v0.75.4 -> 0.75.5

I've decided to load the add_theme help page in the user's default web browser rather than inside the app itself because it's far cleaner that the method I was using which was to reload the main app page and then re-set all elements to the same state the user left them. I did explore another way to do this by using the javascript history back option to simply go back to the previous page and restore the DOM from the cache but I found that while this worked, MacGap broke with the following error being reported in console: 'ReferenceError: Trying to access object from destroyed plug-in'. I currently do not yet have a solution to this.

- 'add_themes' help page is now loaded in default web browser rather than the Clover Theme Manager window.
- 'add_themes' help file tweaked.
- Text for untracked themes dialog box updated with new description.
- Untracked theme indicator changed from a cross to a question mark.

Thanks, that worked.

Great.

v0.75.5 -> v0.75.6

- Updated jQuery to v2.1.3.
- App update now prevents theme updates from running until user decides what to do.
- Added notifications.
- Update about window.
- Add bounce effect to message box.
- Enhance update routine to check for main app framework version change.
- Includes updateID 7.
  • Like 1

OS X_10.7.5MBR - no one theme can be neither Installed nor Uninstalled.

Hi droples

The last entry in the log file is '@Checking for updates complete.@' so the app should now be sat waiting for user input.

Are you saying the interface is not responding?

Thanks for the report droples

In your jsToBash file(s) I see

CloverThemeManager[5861:a07] JavaScript console: undefined:0: TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function

But I'm not sure where it's coming from. I'll need to run some tests here.

EDIT: I think it may be from snabbt.min.js - but not sure yet.

Oh. And I'll look in to adding a check for no ESP on MBR partitioned device ;)

Update 8 is available which fixes the issues on OS X 10.7 seen by droples.

- Notifications are now not sent when running under 10.7

- snabbt js library is no longer used. Bounce effect re-worked to work in 10.7 upwards.

@droples - I have not yet added a check for ESP on MBR device. But I will.

I'm also adding a feature of pulling out theme info from the Clover bootlog to show what and why a certain theme is used at boot.