Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

I think you are on to something.  Here's the jstoBash log:

2014-11-20 12:20:29.162 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Loading Maximizer into bundle: com.CloverThemeManager
2014-11-20 12:20:29.257 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] started
2014-11-20 12:20:39.528 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel
2014-11-20 12:20:42.041 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel
2014-11-20 12:20:43.663 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel
2014-11-20 12:20:46.366 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel
2014-11-20 12:20:56.674 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel
2014-11-20 12:21:00.807 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] CTM_selectedPartition@0
2014-11-20 12:21:00.872 CloverThemeManager[31959:293484] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: NSPanel

from the code:

// panels are supposedly "auxiliary" windows   if ([window isKindOfClass:NSClassFromString(@"NSPanel")]) return NO;

so that's why Maximizer can't be used or must be tested returnig YES, but if you've removed the class do not need to do anything else.

• Like 1

from the code:

// panels are supposedly "auxiliary" windows   if ([window isKindOfClass:NSClassFromString(@"NSPanel")]) return NO;

so that's why Maximizer can't be used or must be tested returnig YES, but if you've removed the class do not need to do anything else.

I think that Maximizer app has outlived its usefulness.  It was cool to be able to get Disk Utility to run full screen so that I could see the full names of files that needed permission repairs.  Back when Maximizer first came out, most apps did not go to full-screen.  Now they do.  I never had any problems with apps not working because of the app and only saw occasional comments in Console about it.  But since I don't really need it anymore (no one does who runs Yosemite) it was time to delete it.  Frankly, until I Googled how to uninstall it, I forgot where it was located (/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New version attached to the first post of this topic.

v0.73 -> v0.74

- Implement remote updating of the app/public directory at users choice.
- Add check for any themes in your theme directory that do not match themes in the repo.
- Improved git detection.
- Changed app name in menu.
- Apply font style to theme list

This version of the app can now receive updates for the CloverThemeManager.app/Contents/Resources/public directory when they’re pushed to the repo. You will be notified of available updates when launching the app and have the choice of applying them. 

Note: This does not update the main app framework, just the inner scripts and supporting files.

Please report any issues.

Just realised that after choosing to run any app updates, there was no feedback in the UI so I've just committed some revised code to the repo to solve it.

Launching v0.74 of the app should notify you of this update and clicking 'Yes' will update the app but you will not see any confirmation of the update. Please quit and reload the app and you should see 'App 0.74 / Script 0.74.1' below the title on the initialisation page. You should now see confirmation for future updates.

Updated to v0.74.2.

Latest update now allows mounting and working with EFI System Partition(s).

The existing v0.74 app should notify about this update of internal scripts. But regardless, I've decided to attached a complete build of v0.74.2 to the first post because of the problem mentioned above in post #54. But if you have persevered with updating from v0.74 then you should have exactly the same code.

Please report any problems.

• Like 1

Latest changes available via app update. 

- Add version numbers to other scripts and show on initialisation page.
- Check for app updates later in the launch process, just before showing the UI.
- UI now correctly enables when selecting 'No' to app updates dialog.
- Full path to EFI/Clover/Themes now shown for ESP in volume dropdown menu.
- Don't remove volume dropdown menu title if selected volume no longer exists.
- Clover.Theme nvram var is now checked against installed themes for ESP (thanks droplets).
- Free space text is now shown for ESP after mounting.

This app is still under development and I'm working to make it better. Some recent changes include:

9th December

- Revise disk reading routine and put in to separate script to allow multithreading.

- Revise ESP routines.

- Improve feedback on initialisation page.

- Volume drop down menu now populated by javascript.

10th December

- App update procedure is now separate from index.git.

As I've changed the way the app receives it's updates there's a chance users of older versions won't be notified of later updates. I've therefore posted a new build, v0.74.7, to the opening post. Please replace your version with this one.

• Like 2

Take 2!
The Clover theme repository is now working again.

Note: For any users who have run the app previously, it's recommended to please delete ~/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git before running the app again. Otherwise you may find the app stalls after the 'Symbolic Links stage'.

Take 2!

The Clover theme repository is now working again.
Note: For any users who have run the app previously, it's recommended to please delete ~/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git before running the app again. Otherwise you may find the app stalls after the 'Symbolic Links stage'.

Hi blackosx! I have a problems with @Checking for update to index.git@.

Hi droples

Please refer to the note that you quoted.

:)

Do you think that I can't read?

From what you say or what you have not say (or omitted) is not clear if you have deleted the index.git file as reccomended (before running the app), or not.

Micky

Edited by Micky1979

From what you say or what you have not say (or omitted) is not clear if you have deleted the index.git file as reccomended (before running the app), or not.

Micky

I am very sorry that my response looks rudeness. I didn't mean that. Especially concerning the person like blackosx, whom I respect too much.

• Like 2

That screenshot shows the App Store directory which here is in /Library/Application\ Support.

You need to check in your user directory. So That would be:

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support

If that's the problem then you will still have index.git located at

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git

That screenshot shows the App Store directory which here is in /Library/Application\ Support.

You need to check in your user directory. So That would be:

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support

If that's the problem then you will still have index.git located at

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git

Thanks!  I can not read. ;). All is working.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/Z77desktopCloverThemeManagerLog.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/n53svCloverThemeManagerLog.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/OS_X_10.10.jpg

• Like 1

Great ;)

I see you don't have the latest version of the Christmas theme. I updated it the other week in include a Yosemite icon. The reason you do not see an update notification for it is because there is no parent bare clone to check against for updates. This is shown by the 'X' beside the UnInstall button. You should uninstall and then re-install it.

This highlights the problem with the current way of checking for updates. If you did not install any theme using Clover Theme Manager then there will not be a parent bare clone of that theme in /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/ to run git fetch against. The only way forward on this is to use a suggestion by dmazar where each theme.plist has a version key/string. I was trying to get away from using that method but I feel that maybe it's time to do that....